UFOSeek Forum

Community for discussion of UFO, Paranormal and mysterious topics
It is currently Sun Dec 08, 2019 9:46 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 33 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2009 6:35 pm 

Timbit wrote:
Good post.

You caught me in a weak moment there. I think I was thinking at the time, that the prophesies that people hold so near and dear add up to so much doom and gloom, that the end result of that type of thinking must be a cataclysmic event. There has to be some sort of conclusion to that train of thought.

I actually get very annoyed with the whole thing. There is a lot of power and control to be had by those who can swing that doom and gloom hammer.

What bothers me the most are those who proclaim themselves as having the truth to these prophesies, that they are somehow divine, and special, and hold knowledge and power that makes them 'the one'.

Tim
Yes everyone tends to think what they have in there mind is write.That some how as you say are the chosen ones.Or they will go to the bible and say it says right here the end is coming.They then take that and put a date on it.Then when the time comes and goes they make excuses why they were wrong. Or if at the last minute after years of picking the end date they get scared because it does not apear to be coming on that date and then say.Oh I had a vision that at the last minute the end was averted and now it will be on this date. A civilasation that has been only having the basic technology for a few hundred of years suddenly knows when the end is coiming to a world that has been here for 4 1/2 billion.And we are the smartest thing in the universe. That is 75 billion or more years old.So I know what you mean.It is like the people that will tell us we are going to hell if we do not believe the way they do because thats what they read . Writtings of someone else who was just as human as us .I was not aware humans had the knowledge of telling me were my next life would be.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2009 1:56 am 

I don't buy into the Doom & Gloom theories.

But I have noticed significant changes in the weather patterns and temperatures, just in my own small community, since 1987.

While I sincerely believe that Man's carbon footprint has influenced the changes, I also believe that our world goes through cycles, just as does every other body in this Galaxy. Just as we're noticing changes here, globally, we're also seeing changes in the sun's behavior, Jupitor's behavior, etc.

I tend to look at these cycles much like a "Slinky"... while nothing ever perfectly repeats any former cycle, each cycle has a commonality with the others. Now whether the end of the Mayan Calendar means (in my perception) that we're coming to the end of the slinky, and then we will have a Dark Age again, I don't know. But I'm not fearful about the coming of 2012.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2009 7:48 am 

I have stopped listening to C2C AM because of the negative program content. Not completely, but almost. Anything about the economy or negative conspiracy shows get an immediate turn off of my little headset radios. Medical programs or alternative health programs also get switched off. It feels good not to listen to that stuff.

Ditto news programs, but especially the ones that are thinly disguised propaganda shows featuring the left or the right wing crowd. Entertainment shows also get clicked off. Why would I give a hoot about Britney Spears or Tom Cruise?

I favor shows on physics, history, general science, sci-fi, mysteries, military accounts, Mars (or Mahz as the aussie announcer calls it). I even get a kick out of Dexter's Laboratory, Aqua Teen Hunger Force and Robot Chicken, but I won't admit to it in public.

With age grows the ability to become more selective.

Unit15

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2009 7:55 am 

lol Robot Chicken? :mrgreen:

Tim

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2009 8:11 am 

I listen to a little bit of nearly ALL of the theories, whether I agree or not.

As I've learned to say... "Never say NEVER..." because over the years I've proved some of my earlier thoughts to be biased and wrong.

I figure if I don't know what OTHERS are saying and thinking, I can't be up-to-date and then allow myself to let my gut tell me what's worth taking a second look at. But that's just ME... I don't judge others who don't have an insatiable desire to hear all the theories I do.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2009 3:05 pm 

Tweaked wrote:
I listen to a little bit of nearly ALL of the theories, whether I agree or not.

As I've learned to say... "Never say NEVER..." because over the years I've proved some of my earlier thoughts to be biased and wrong.

I figure if I don't know what OTHERS are saying and thinking, I can't be up-to-date and then allow myself to let my gut tell me what's worth taking a second look at. But that's just ME... I don't judge others who don't have an insatiable desire to hear all the theories I do.
Yes if people want to live in a box and not look over the side. Then it is alright it is safer for the rest of us.And they do have the rights of all man and women kind.To think as they want and to have there own oppinion.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2009 4:37 pm 

I feel a change in air.

Where I used to feel the doom and gloom of the day, I am far more optimistic. There has been a change. A world-wide collective ascent to a higher and greater understanding of who we are, and a feeling of connectedness, or community.

I am not alone when I say this. Obama has had this effect on people, all over the globe. He refers to us as one community, and he somehow managed to merge all collective thought into confidence, optimism, and hope.

I cannot recall any other single human being that has given all of us, this gift.

Tim

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2009 7:42 pm 

He certainly is beginning his 4 years with a lot of honesty and optimism; I just hope when those millions of people in the U.S. don't all find the jobs they want, within a few weeks or a few months, they don't flip negative and blame him on not doing enough for them. It has taken YEARS for our economy to get in this deteriorated state... and it will take time and lots of work from The Hill and from us to help get the world economies back on the right track, again.

We have become such a NOW generation/society; people today seem to have NO PATIENCE to wait for something they want or need. And the marketing that goes on while we're listening to the radio or watching TV has been (in MY opinion!) very destructive.

For instance: I want an iPhone so bad, I can't stand to watch the commercials, anymore. I don't need one; since it's connected through AT&T is won't work in our canyon, anyway! Yet, I WANT one, and I WANT IT YESTERDAY! Now how stupid is that?... And if we could actually get an iPhone that connects through Verizon (which is the only service we can get in this canyon), why would I want the extra expense of an iPhone when I rarely ever have to use the cell I already have now?

Multiply MY insatiable desire for that by the millions and millions of consumers who want the very latest gadgets, and are willing to go into debt to have them... instant gratification. This is why I worry that when the President Obama "magic" begins to get muddled by reality, again, people will not see the positive things he's doing; instead, they will not look at themselves and see a problem--it will suddenly become his fault.

And then the doom and gloom and conspiracy theories about the world coming to an end in 2012 will be back in the headlines...

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2009 7:55 pm 

And people wonder why the beings do not come down to the masses.Because then the people would say hurry up and leave.LOL But I am the same way.I am always saying beings come on down right now and take me with you.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2009 8:00 pm 

Me, too! And just about everyone else I'm close to! We have all felt drawn back to where we feel our "homes" really are... up there, somewhere, amongst those little shining points of light!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 33 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next