UFOSeek Forum

Community for discussion of UFO, Paranormal and mysterious topics
It is currently Wed Aug 21, 2019 1:39 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2009 8:33 pm 

Sometimes I sits and I sits, thinkin and thinkin.... how did those Myans, who lived only a few centuries, really, figure out the movement of the calander 26,000 years in advance? They must have had some slide rule! But, then, when i sits and thinks, about F=MA and consider the little tiny magnetic field of earth, and the bigger magnetic field of the solar system, and then the gigantic glactic magnetic field of the Galaxy... and we are about to pass thru the galactic plane, i just can't help but think our little tiny marble will have to shift some of it's inner or outer crust to compensate... and we are screwed... not maybe the end of mankind or alien kind, but not impossible to see some really, really cold years. And the cycle begins, anew. Refreshed earth before it runs out of energy.

I will be listening to Meatloaf and watching the sun rise...
anybody want to join me in KS?--- the black hole of earth?

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2009 9:18 pm 

We most definately understand the sits and methinks situation...... ;) Many very interesting ideas come from that place.

My favourite Mayan caldendar explanation is that the calendar ends, and begins again. It isn't the end of anything, but the beginning.

Perhaps it will be a very distinct and massive shift, perhaps colder years ahead. I hope it is NOT colder years ahead, I'm getting a little flippin angry with the snow at the moment.

Off to shovel, still coming down and blowing around.....

Tim

PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2009 5:54 am 

Timbit, think POSITIVE! Maybe the Earth will tilt DOWN! And you and I will be in the northern and southern regions of the tropics! (So Sorry for the rest of you...)

PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2009 6:07 am 

hmmmmmmmm tropics? Is that like, where green things grow? And, like, little birdies fly around, and you don't need fur lined underwear?

I'm in!!!

Tim

PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2009 8:09 am 

You only need Winter clothes when you're ill ... or when you've lived here for 20 years and your natural body rhythms and metabolism has re-adjusted to the different climate--dry heat, fewer HUGE bugs, and lots of cacti.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2009 6:49 pm 

Tweaked, seriously, I want you and Howard to experience the joys of winter.

I'll even let you shovel, and walk the dog in a blizzard, and if you do a good job on the driveway, I'll take you ice skating on an outdoor rink.

Beaver tails for dessert, poutine for dinner, and hot toddies all the way around!!

For something to do, we'll hop in the 4x4 and head over to the flower shop. Sometimes they let me in the cold room where the roses are, and you can stand and sniff.......it's heaven!!

Then of course, I'll head out your way, and see if Hollywood really is warm and sunny, and has beaches and cool shopping. I suspect that you live in a hologram. :D

Tim

p.s. If we run into Keifer Sutherland, I promise not to drool.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2009 10:16 pm 

Timbit wrote:
Tweaked, seriously, I want you and Howard to experience the joys of winter.

I'll even let you shovel, and walk the dog in a blizzard, and if you do a good job on the driveway, I'll take you ice skating on an outdoor rink.

Beaver tails for dessert, poutine for dinner, and hot toddies all the way around!!

For something to do, we'll hop in the 4x4 and head over to the flower shop. Sometimes they let me in the cold room where the roses are, and you can stand and sniff.......it's heaven!!

Then of course, I'll head out your way, and see if Hollywood really is warm and sunny, and has beaches and cool shopping. I suspect that you live in a hologram. :D

Tim

p.s. If we run into Keifer Sutherland, I promise not to drool.

If I can drool... why not YOU??! :mrgreen: