UFOSeek Forum

Community for discussion of UFO, Paranormal and mysterious topics
It is currently Sat Sep 22, 2018 4:18 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: My prediction
PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2007 9:46 pm 
Unregistered
I predict that nothing will happen in 2012.
When the clock strikes midnight on December 31, 2012, we'll all be shouting HAPPY NEW YEAR and singing Auld Lang Sine (Syne?)
___

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2007 7:06 am 

But in the meantime the earth will be going through a lot of changes and suffering the effects of solar storms, which does not conjure up a pretty picture.

Nothing will happen? Its already happening and its going to get much worse.

Heat waves, wild fires, hurricanes, flooding and every other kind of extreme weather condition with the added features of earthquakes and eruptions.

And that's just the natural calamities.........what about international conflicts and social unrest?

Maybe I'm not smoking the right stuff.
___

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2007 10:24 pm 
Unregistered
Well, to tell you the truth, I usually consider myself a pessimist, but in this case I guess I'm trying to be the optimist. I think somewhere deep inside me is a man who thinks this world is going to hell in a handbasket... and maybe even sooner than 2012.
But then, how many times have people predicted that something drastic will happen at certain dates. Probably too countless to even consider.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2007 4:23 am 

Soothsayers see things and try to fit what they see into "our" Timeline. It usually doesn't work.

I, myself, have seen "rubble" and a group of sights we could perceive to be "End Times" or "2012" or the End of Life...

I don't think so. Perhaps I only say Baghdad after the Americans saved it from Saddam...
___

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2007 7:55 am 
Unregistered
[b][i]Our universe is vast. To me, it is unthinkable that life is not scattered elsewhere within our universe. Therefore, the passing of a planet and its life forms will not be the end of life. Others will survive.[/i][/b]
[b][i][/i][/b]
[b][i]I hope I am around to see the 2012 date come and go, regardless of what it brings our way. I have heard/read many folks talking about the implications of the Mayan Calendar ending when it does. I do not recall anyone citing Mayan passages outlining the significance of that end date. I have heard a lot of speculation, but I don't recall anyone quoting any particular catastrophic event deciphered from the Mayan writings. Have you?[/i][/b]
[b][i][/i][/b]
[b][i]We have recently learned that our world is not a place of steady climate with a perpetual happy ending. [/i][/b]
[b][i][/i][/b]
[b][i]Comet/meteor strikes have occurred throughout the Earth's history as recorded in ice core samples, tree rings and geological strata records of the past. Even our own written word records past catastrophic events, i.e., The Great Flood, etc.[/i][/b]
[b][i][/i][/b]
[b][i]I sincerely doubt that the present shenannigans being performed by our Sun are anything new. Yet here we are. [/i][/b]
[b][i][/i][/b]
[b][i]I'm listening to George Noory interview Astronaut Edgar Mitchell on Coast to Coast AM as I type this post. I can't help but notice that Edgar seems to be one of the older generation that feels that advanced beings will be peace loving creatures. I sure hope he is right. I'm more of an "Independence Day" believer, myself. [/i][/b]
[b][i][/i][/b]
[b][i]enemtukay[/i][/b]
[b][i][/i][/b]
[b][i][/i][/b]
___

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2007 9:49 am 
Unregistered
Yes, but heat waves, hurricanes, etc., etc., are nothing new (obviously!). They may be on the increase because of human actions. On the other hand no one seems to be sure whether it's just part of some natural cycle and eventually things will calm down.

There hasn't been a decade in the last 2000 years (probably far longer) where there hasn't been international conflicts and social unrest. It's an unfortunate part of human nature.

Every civilisation and generation thinks things are getting worse and that it was better in some imagined past. But in reality it has never been better in the past and people a 1000 years ago were thinking the same thing.

This whole thing about 2012 has been hyped up like the Y2K bug which was supposed to wipe out our computers. It has been noted that when a century comes and goes belief in End Times and the paranormal in general shoots up and then subsides after a few years. When the last millennium was approaching the people were convinced that the end of the world was coming and the monks were saying that the signs of the antichrist were everywhere to be seen. Yet here we are 1000 years later.

I tend to remain very sceptical about end of the world predictions of doom and disaster because people all too readily come out with them and nothing happens.

There is a sketch by Peter Cook and the Beyond the Fringe team (back in the 60s) where they play End of the Worlders. Every day they predicted that on such-a-such date at such-a-such time the world would end. On the predicted day they all meet up and nothing happens. Peter Cook turns to the others and says "Was that British Summer Time we said? Oh well, lads, same time next week? One of these days we'll be right!"
___

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2007 2:28 pm 

The most significant thing about the Mayan Calendar [u]ending[/u] (that [i]I[/i] think) is relevant is that it brings to a close a 36,000 year cycle.

This could mean the return of the Annunuki (Sitchen) or the return of the feathered serpent (whose name I can't remember how to spell - lol)! or it may mean that the [i]CYCLE[/i] of existence begins repeating, but not on the same circle -- rather like the next section of the spiral (like a slinky toy) for another 36,000 revolutions. Perhaps, if THIS is the case, we'll just repeat with better technology, what this past 36,000 cycle has produced with our minds and our hands.

The Earth Changes, regardless of whether they are natural or aided by the human condition (and I favor the latter) are going to occur. What remains to be known is whether or not we as a species will help or hinder our own survival by making wise choices and acting responsibly.

And as for Astronaut Dr. Mitchell, I think he's a wise and cautious man who must be revered. I listened to the first hour, but couldn't stay awake for the rest; then, of course, I awakened with insomnia just as he was going off the air (sigh!). I have a tremendous respect for all of the astronauts; I wish I could have been one of them. To see first-hand the pleasures of leaving Earth and embarking upon a mission, strapped to a megaton rocket would be a RUSH, just in and of itself. I have always loved speed and turbulents... The space suits wouldn't have been my cup of tea, though -- I like the feel of the wind in my hair!
___

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2007 5:14 pm 
Unregistered
It wasn't Quetzecoatl was it? Or am I thinking of one of the other South American civilisations?
___

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2007 8:53 pm 

Yes. I looked for his name this morning, and couldn't find a quick reference to it.

Thanks!
___

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2007 6:38 am 

One big difference this time, the underlying energy differential existing between the sun and the planets is increasing on a steep curve, which is definitely not good news.

Our contributions to global warming are minimal, even though I think we should clean up our act in regard to pollution.

Planet earth will once again be removed from its present orbit and re-situated further from the sun. Such an occurrence I suspect will have quite an effect on our civilization and may set us back to the stone age.

You may be skeptical, but keep your eye on the sun.
___