UFOSeek Forum

Community for discussion of UFO, Paranormal and mysterious topics
It is currently Mon Feb 26, 2018 12:32 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2007 3:16 am 
Unregistered
Hello all,
I had raised this issue before in relation to my NDE/OBE many years ago and the fact that I discovered I had the ability to lay hands on sick people often resulting in an amazingly quick recovery. Before anyone thinks I'm putting tickets on myself, so to speak, I have never made this public or ever tried to draw attention to myself regarding this 'gift'. Also, it's not something that I can just turn on and off like a light switch, I have no control of when it manifests itself. Sometimes it's laid dormant for a few years then returned for one individual healing. Many people are sceptical on this subject but that doesn't bother me, it's not everybody's 'cup of tea' (LOL). However, I'd like to share one particular story with you, and I'll try and be as brief as possible (I'll try).
In 1982 (not sure which month) I was watching the local TV news when it was reported that a man had gone berserk and literally smashed his 6-year-old son's skull in with a hammer, and very suddenly I was overcome with tremendous emotions and wept, this was something I didn't normally do, it all hit me out of the blue. I felt great compassion for the child and his mother. Later that night when my mother returned home from work I mentioned the story to her and she already knew about it. At the time my mother was working as a clerk at the Mater Children's Hospital in Brisbane (Queensland), she told me the boy had been rushed into emergency surgery and was now in the I.C.U. ward near to her workstation. The doctors didn't expect the child to live, they were removing splinters of bone that had literally embedded themselves into his brain. Even in the very unlikely chance that he did live he would be a vegetable for the rest of his life. I asked my mother if it would be possible for me to see the boy, and she told me she would ask the Sister of the Ward but explained that it was hospital policy that only the immediate family members were allowed to visit anyone in the I.C.U. The next day she phoned me from work and said the Sister was giving me permission so I got on a bus and went straight to the hospital. One of the nurses took me to the boy's bed, he was attached to all kinds of tubes and wires and a Life-Support-System. Without saying a word I gently placed my hands on his arm then, and only then, I felt this incredible surge of electricity (or that's what it felt like) moving down my arms, into my hands, and out the tips of my fingers. As I left the I.C.U. I had a grin from ear to ear and said to the Sister and the nurses "He'll be fine." They just looked at me because they knew the doctor's report and read his chart, at best his chances were next to nil. Three weeks later that same little boy was running around the wards driving everyone crazy. The doctors and hospital staff were at a complete loss to explain not only how the boy recovered at all, but how he recovered so quickly. Except for that one Sister, a couple of nurses, and my mother I remained anonymous. My reward was knowing that the boy had fully recovered and knowing the joy of his mother and family.

Regards: Malfunc
___

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2007 5:59 am 

I'd say that you are living proof of both faith [u]and[/u] supernatural healing powers. What an amazing story; and that you [i]know[/i] that what you did, saved a life. I think that's remarkable, and yes, I totally believe you.

Not to mention the fact that you 'knew' what you had to do, and that, in my humble opinion, was no accident. Interesting series of events that allowed you to do what you had to do; the path certainly led you to that little boy.

These healing powers have long been both a source of mysterious physical acts, and have been with us in a historical context since time was recorded. It's one of those things too that like you said, most would not believe had they either not been the recipient of a healing, or had witnessed it. I wonder if the head nurse and Doctors ever discussed what had happened to that lad after you saw him.

It is so nice to read about such a talent that produced profound positive results. Would love to read more of your healing stories.

Tim
___

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2008 9:50 pm 

I have seen some extraordinary healings in my life time. One of them occurred when the Rev. Oral Roberts was at the top of his radio ministry in the mid-1950s, my great-grandmother was diagnosed with "a heart the size of a football, and dark spots on both lungs." She was in her early 70s, and the LAST thing she wanted was to go into the hospital for 'exploratory surgery' from which (she was warned) she might not come home. I remember well the Sunday before she was supposed to be admitted to the hospital on Tuesday morning ... she was listening to Rev. Roberts' radio program, and when he began his prayer session for "all those people in radio land in need of healing" she placed both of her hands on the top of the radio, bowed her head, and prayed. Something happened and we thought she managed to get a shock off the radio. She arched backwards, and for a moment or two she could barely put words together. When she finally caught her breath again, she told us, "I believe I've been healed."

The following Tuesday she insisted they take a new set of x-rays before performing surgery. Much to the doctors' disbelief, the new ones showed her heart was the correct size, and there were no longer black spots on her lungs.

Now this could be for one of three reasons: (1) the x-rays used to diagnose her condition originally were someone else's... (2) she healed herself by simply believing... (3) Rev. Roberts' prayer really was a catalyst, and the radio was the conductor.

Twenty years later when my own son was lying in a coma, and I wrote Rev. Roberts and asked him to pray for my son, I received a donation envelop back from his ministry in the mail, asking for a donation of upwards from $50.00 before prayer in my son's name could be done. I didn't have $50.00--that was an awful lot of money in 1976, and I was divorced, living alone and supporting myself on $525.00 per month salary. Needless to say, they didn't get their donation, Mark didn't get a prayer from Rev. Roberts, and I lost the rest of my faith.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2008 9:47 pm 

I've read this last only now, and it makes me disgusted to hear about those parasites. You are telling exactly what I said in other thread: only a business.

They are lucky that there is no Jesus alive or they would have taken so many kicks ...(and I would help him). Despicable beings without dignity, that what they are.

Try to send anonymous report to the Vatican and see what happens... they don't like too much when some bad new can go around, expecially after those question about youngs...

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2008 6:35 am 

In the beginning, televangelists USED to be authentic. But over time they become CORPORATIONS. I saw this first hand when I went to work for the Crystal Cathedral in Buena Park, CA. In the beginning the pastor was "for real." But when the Church got too big to be handled by one person, it became a corporation with many functions, and those "Leaders" (most who are NOT Christians in the true sense of the Faith) took it over and ran it like a corporation, not a House of Faith.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2008 6:59 pm 

In the families of my relatives there is great belonging to the Church, so as to have a relative who should be sanctified (already dead). Do you know how much money the Church toke from them in the centuries? Last one gave them a complete park with house and when he died, nothing was given to his mother and father... so this should be the Church and the learning that they give?

I run very far from them and their lies...

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2008 7:56 pm 

I agree with you, Dad... So much of "the church" (ANY Church) nowadays is just a financial institution, it's shameful. What does GOD need with material things???

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2008 11:26 pm 

I only hope we will be so lucky to know those far friends, and that day we will see also those from the Church with bad faces and a big medium finger printed on their faces. It's for that the fear they now have and try to take power of the situation.

Pull peanuts to them! ;)

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2008 1:28 am 

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2008 5:04 pm 

Quote:
Pull peanuts to them!

I agree with you wholeheartedly Dad but I think you mean throw not pull.....Ann :P :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: