UFOSeek Forum

Community for discussion of UFO, Paranormal and mysterious topics
It is currently Mon May 21, 2018 11:18 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Aliens vs Christians
PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2007 3:10 am 
Unregistered
Hello all [;)],
it may seem at times that I'm contradicting myself - on one hand I seem to be apposed to religious establishments and their teachings with a tendency to believe in ancient astronauts than the idea of 'angels' and 'spiritual beings' encounters. But on the other hand, following my NDE/OBE many years ago, I also believe that there is a tremendous, all-consuming, unseen entity in the universe that holds all things together. I'm more of a Creationist than an Evolutionist. Life, in all it's complexity, simply didn't happen by accident. If this unseen creative force which I'll call God, for lack of a better word, saw fit to endow knowledge and intelligence to man on this microscopic speck of dust we call earth then why wouldn't it be possible that the same was done on countless other planets across the galaxies? It annoys me that so many christians are so narrow minded on the subject of aliens and UFO's. They've been so brainwashed to believe in only God and Jesus Christ that they refuse to even consider any other possiblities. I have read of cases where people have been abducted by, or had close encounters with, extraterrestrial beings and these beings have communicated an awareness of the unseen entity to their captives/guests. There is far more to the universe than what our eyes can see.

Regards: Malfunc
___

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2007 7:36 pm 
Unregistered
Hi Malfunc,
I hope that I read this right. The gist of your message was that you believe some of both ideas (Christianity vs. Evolution). You can believe both. Evolution basis: timeline, changes in species, bones found, etc.
Bible: 7 days creation, etc.
What if ? -- day one was equal to 50 billion years (our time)? -- Man did create the concept of time. Since God is omnipowerful - he has the ability to change time and our meaning of time. Then, what if the 'next day' meant 1 million years, the next - 10 thousand years ... Untill, Science (Evolution) = Religion (Creation). It is possible (anything is possible)
-b
___

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2007 2:19 am 

I don't dispute there can be a God. But I am curious to know what God actually is. For instance: Is God now existing in each one of us instead of "out there" somewhere? Or is God the staples and glues that continously hold together realities we create with the minds God allowed to be inborn in each of us?

God can be so many things. The goodness in each and every newborn, the pleasant scent of food in the oven, and the jasmine that blooms and wafts gently across the valleys.

We may never know exactly what being God emcompasses; but what we can do is live up to our individual consciences, and always strive to treat others with dignity and respect. Oh... and take a shower every now and then, too! (Cleanliness is next to Godliness! I was forever told THAT when I was a kid.)
___

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2007 9:15 am 
Unregistered
If there is a creator god (a concept I'm not convinced about) or gods, then perhaps it is the universe itself and we just anthropomorphize it to understand it. We give human traits to something that it neither human nor alive (in the sense that humans or animals are alive).
___

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2007 5:43 am 
Unregistered
Hi tweaked & others,
you have an open mind tweaked toward many things and I admire that. I liked what you said - quote "Is God now existing in each one of us instead of 'out there' somewhere? Or is God the staples and glue that continously hold together realities...". Before anyone starts thinking I'm a [i]pulpit thumping[/i], [i]Bible bashing[/i], [i]holy rolling[/i], [i]gospel preaching, keen on Jesus [/i]type, I'm not. I have a different concept of 'God' to any man-made religions (which they all are). This unseen force exists within every single living thing, and this incredible force doesn't simply [i][b]give[/b][/i] life, it [i][b]is[/b][/i] life. But more than that it permeates everything from the smallest molecule to the entire universe with it's trillions upon trillions of stars and galaxies. Before I had the NDE/OBE long ago I didn't believe such things but when I was at the point of death some highly intelligent entity (though unseen) spoke to me and told me my "time is not yet" and I must return (to my body). So real and so overwhelming was this experience that it altered many of my concepts of life and our existence, and yet I have never adopted a religeous approach.

Regards: Malfunc [:)]
___

Post subject: Re: Aliens vs Christians
PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2008 9:47 am 

God has many children. Some we know, some we don't. Nothing to be afraid of, all his children.

Post subject: Re: Aliens vs Christians
PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2008 4:58 am 

MY aliens (when I asked them where God was...) showed me the galaxy of stars zipping past our craft, and he pointed to them. When I asked if that was Heaven, he smiled, like a parent trying to find a way to make a small child understand something profoundly beyond my ability to reason. And he pointed at the galaxy of stars and planets again. I think I "got it" -- that what WE call GOD and think of as HEAVEN is everything that exists around us, including all of us.