UFOSeek Forum

Community for discussion of UFO, Paranormal and mysterious topics
It is currently Mon Dec 10, 2018 5:36 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Jehova witnesses
PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2008 10:27 pm 

I had a visit from a very nice lady yesterday and she proceeded to quote extracts from the bible from "Timothy" (didnt even know this name was in the bible) and revelations.

She wanted to open my eyes, so to speak, about how, after 17 years of studying it, the bible is predicting the future, and we are at "the End of times stage". She wasnt ramming it down my throat or anything like that, and didnt want me to convert to her religion, just for me to understand what is predicted in the bible, is coming true.

I did ask her to look up some stuff herself, things like the Sumerian tablets, which she had never heard of.

Do any of you get visits from religious people to your door and how do you handle them ??

Post subject: Re: Jehova witnesses
PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2008 12:29 am 

I have a long string of garlic hanging from my front door. ;)

Tim

Post subject: Re: Jehova witnesses
PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2008 4:51 pm 

It does depend on whether it's the Mormons or the Jehovas Witnesses for me. I was once involved in the Mormon church so they frequently come over to try to talk me into comeing back and although I did like them the most out of all the religions I tried out and they do have a belief in aliens and always have had. I still just say thanks but no thanks, I'm done with religions but I still like the people.

I'm a little more aggressive in my no thanks to the Jehovas witnesses but they are a little harder at hearing. They want you to debate the bible or other theories so that they can show you how you're wrong but they just won't have it that maybe they are wrong. Just be nice to these people I guess, They're just looking for the truth like we are but we have open minds and they don't. Just don't get sucked in unless it's what you really really really want and then think about it again and again until the thought leaves you.......Ann :P