UFOSeek Forum

Community for discussion of UFO, Paranormal and mysterious topics
It is currently Thu Nov 15, 2018 7:31 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2008 12:40 am 

http://www.americanchronicle.com/articles/71162

Interest article. More at above link.

Belief systems are important and hot topics now. This is the time of revelation and revealing the truth to all beings and members of the human sentient intelligent being species. Some believe that they are being religious and living right based on what they are taught in their churches, in society, and based on their religions.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2008 5:50 am 

That was a really good article, thanks for posting that Tweaked. It seems we are all guilty of having one foot in the past with our hard-core beliefs, and one in the future, now that that cat is out of the bag with sightings, abductions and coverups. How do we evolve to include our core belief system, and hang onto what we thought was the whole truth.

Many things remain in the past, as far as 'natural' development and due course. Addictions being one of them. It is like when the Model T was invented. It was the greatest car, and before we knew it, we're parking hybrids and mind boggling technological wonders on four wheels in our driveways, almost overnight.

Somehow, human behaviour toward addictions has remained in the dark ages, and unlike the Model T, has not been an accepted as an evolved process in modern times. We are still stuck with old thinking, old perceptions, old presumptions, and generally one way of doing things, just like it's always been. We expect modern day progress, but live in the 30's with regard to worn out thinking and expectations.

Maybe we are all just guilty of limiting ourselves to the status quo because we have not yet adapted enough, over a long enough period of time, to catch up with what we are capable of doing. Saying we can is one thing, but making the transformation to a different way of thinking, is quite another.

Tim

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2008 6:04 am 

You got it, girl... just like being addicted to oil and oil-based products.

http://www.3k88.com/products.htm

Even eye glasses frames are often made from oil based products.

If America and the rest of the world could REALLY fathom just how dependent we are, we'd call for extra-sharp razor blades. I am just as guilty as the next person, but at least I know I'm guilty!

If we just stopped importing oil, allowed emergency services to get whatever they need first... and then rationed out the rest via a lottery, you can bet we'd ALL have alternatives to the crude, and it wouldn't take 5 years; I'll bet it would take only a year or 2. We just haven't been pressured to produce much of anything, in recent years. It's tough to think this way, because I love my little sports car, but I do believe this is what NEEDS to happen, whether it ever comes to pass, or not. And I'd be cryin' the blues right along with all the rest of you! :cry:

The UP side is we'd have to learn to be neighbors and learn to SHARE all over again.

We'd probably lose a lot of our baby fat.

We'd be miserable for a while, but from chaos comes Order.

We grew up BELIEVING there would never be a shortage of oil, but where did that notion come from? Our parents? The aliens? The government? Our personal belief that we're invincible? Or that we're entitled?