UFOSeek Forum

Community for discussion of UFO, Paranormal and mysterious topics
It is currently Wed Nov 21, 2018 3:41 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2008 8:55 am 

Here's a strange instance for all of you.

After my mother died last January, I kept her little Walmart alarm clock I'd bought her for Christmas, a year before. It runs on one AA battery, and I don't know when she changed the battery, last, but it's been running on the same battery since last January.

Howie's alarm clock stopped being dependable, so I asked him if he wanted Mom's clock by his bedside, because he had an early morning appointment the other day, and didn't dare be late getting up. He said yes, so I brought her clock out to the dining room table to change out the older batter and put in a new one, "just in case..." When I took the battery out the clock was facing Howie on the table, and it freaked him out that when I took out the OLD battery (and the clock should have stopped running until the new one was secured in place) the clock's second hand kept clicking away... and continued right on when the new battery was inserted.

I told him, "Don't be freaked... it was just Mom's way of letting her agnostic son-in-law know that there really IS life after death." For some reason, I don't think that made him feel any better. :mrgreen: :o So now the clock is back on my computer desk... after the one morning he needed it, he said it creeps him out and he doesn't want it by his bedside, now. :o

PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2008 4:57 am 

Oh Tweaked, what are we to do with you gals?

I don't think it had anything to do with mom...........it was you Tweaked.

You gals with special blood have a very strange relationship with electrical appliances, watches, clocks, televisions, radios and all manner of electrical gadgets.

Even light bulbs sometimes respond.......very strange indeed.

It could have been worse of course........at least it kept running in a normal fashion.

But with the battery removed; what if it had started to run faster and faster with the second hand spinning around until it literally fell off? I bet that would have really freaked Howie out.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2008 8:16 am 

David, anything out-of-the-ordinary FREAKS Howie out! Even I (occasionally) freak him out when he comes running out from the computer where he's been for HOURS and says, "Guess what?" and I occasionally guess whatever it is, correctly... Why, you may ask? Well, because... he's getting hard-of-hearing and won't admit it, so I can walk in and out of the bedroom, glance over his shoulder and see what he's doing, and he has NO CLUE I've been near him for 4 hours! :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2008 1:17 pm 

Well I asked my husband about this one. As I know he has no 'other out of this worls' relationship's at all.

He said that sometime's a clock may keep running with no battery... this can happen... if the clock had a second battery back up (eg like a small battery as you may use in a watch) I almost typed this response the other night... but I was thinking... what if we were wrong... and this was maybe a sign from somewhere else. Well, all it took was a glance towards my husband for him to tell me not to advise anything as we may be wrong and sometimes things we can't explain may occur. :) (But now I have told you :roll: ... but the chances of the clock running a second back up battery are pretty slim!) See it as a sign! :)

PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2008 3:12 pm 

Not that long ago, for a few nights, my kitchen radio would turn on, all by itself. In the car, the seatbelt light would come on- in the passenger seat, and there was no passenger.

I very clearly heard my name being called, in a voice I didn't recognize, that woke me up, several nights in a row.

Small puddles of water, about the size of 1/2 a CD, in the middle of my kitchen floor.

One of my cats will suddenly look just above my shoulder, his hair up, ears back, and he makes sounds like he's just spotted a giant mouse, then he takes off and hides.

I have learned to just accept weird little things that happen (yes the lightbulb thing happens to me too), and figure if I just don't worry about it, and accept it as it just 'is', then perhaps I'll have an answer to some of it someday.

Tim

PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2008 7:18 pm 

Timbit wrote:

I have learned to just accept weird little things that happen (yes the lightbulb thing happens to me too), and figure if I just don't worry about it, and accept it as it just 'is', then perhaps I'll have an answer to some of it someday.

Tim

Or NOT! :mrgreen:

I am constantly being awakened by the sound of our doorbell... but no one is ever there. I have even stopped getting up in the early morning hours, or the middle of the night, to check... I figure if it keeps ringing, Howie will get up and get it! :D I think sometimes that's the aliens' ways of "bringing me back to consciousness" after a contact. They have to reactivate me into the physical human world, again.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2008 2:52 am 

Wow! This is interesting.....because I hear the phone ringing, which wakes me up out of a sound sleep, but the phone is not ringing nor did it actually ring.

The other one is hearing my name called, which of course wakes me up with a jolt and I respond with a startled YES! or I'm coming! More times than not it is my wife's voice, but she is fast asleep. But on one occasion when she was up late this happened and I woke up, but she could also hear the same voice (her own voice) calling my name, but she was already awake........gee whiz already.

Aren't we a strange crew....?

The way I can distinguish one thing from another is by the response of our dog Gracie, our early warning system. So if I think someone is knocking on the door (we don't have a door bell) and Gracie doesn't respond I know it's something from the beyond.

Puddles of water are interesting Tim and yes we have the odd puddle of water, but on close examination its just water, but where did it come from? Very strange.

I guess a tape recorder would come in handy in a situation like this, just to see what would end up on the tape. Door bells ringing, phones ringing, people calling, knocking on the door.

But do any of you hear chimes, bells or Morse code and or electronic peeps?

I went in the hospital last week for a scan and in order to see my veins they hooked up an IV that put a solution into me....the two tech guys told me it would make me feel warm inside in the area they were scanning, which was my stomach area. Yes it felt a bit warm but my ears and the area around my ears felt a whole lot warmer, almost hot. They told me that in all the time they had been doing this stuff they had never had anyone have their ears get warm or any other part of their head........uh oh, what would this indicate, hopefully nothing other than being a bit weird.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2008 3:20 am 

Do men get hot flashes? ;)

Tim

PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2008 6:09 am 

Yes, MEN get "hot flashes" because someone at Cedars of Sinai told me they do ... but almost always for different reasons than women. WEIRD! But it's still "hormonal," or medically caused.

Sometimes, DAVID, I do hear someone calling my name ... but more often it's the doorbell. and that's very weird ... especially at 4 a.m. (I usually look at the clock).

I have LOTS of dreams ... some I can relate to E.T. activity -- others are just strange ones that seem to have no reason to them at all. So the ones that aren't relevant, seem to fade away, shortly after I awake; the ones that are related to E.T.s, I seem to retain long enough to categorize.

When I go to sleep at night & surround myself with White Lights, I always invoke the right to remember the ones that are IMPORTANT...

PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2008 7:16 am 

I thought maybe one of you might have some ideas about this stuff causing my ears to heat up, which it is not supposed to do........I should also mention that this scan involves being put in a magnetic field, sort of like stargate.