UFOSeek Forum

Community for discussion of UFO, Paranormal and mysterious topics
It is currently Wed Oct 17, 2018 11:37 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Christians and UFOs
PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2007 9:44 pm 

I found this article. I don't agree with it, but I'm posting it here for all of you to read and make your own decisions.

[url]http://zip-files.net/mallorievalenziano/2007/10/07/ufos-what-is-the-christian-view-of-them/[/url]
___

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2007 11:57 am 
Unregistered
Yes, well. Some of the fundamentalist Christians I know firmly believe that UFOs are the product of Satan come to deceive the world and let them stray from the path and that they have no physical reality at all.

It suits their world-view to believe that because if the UFOs proved to be of extra-terrestrial origin how would they explain Christ, salvation when the aliens would never have heard of these things? Also apparently someone worked out that less than 50% of the world population had heard of the bible, Christ, and so on.
___

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2007 4:07 pm 

I think 50% is way too low, but I could be wrong. Last world survey I read, last Spring, said that more than 90% of the 100 thousand polled "believed in a Diety" of some sort, and only about 3% claimed to NOT believe in a God of any sort -- even a god based in the embodiement of all living things and mammals.

The Church has always satanized anything they don't have answers for and do not want to be questioned about, but the Catholic Church in Rome is rumored to have the most extensive paranormal library on earth ... and of course it's off-limits to the ordinary person.
___

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2007 5:17 pm 
Unregistered
The 50% or less is only those who've heard of Christianity (although how the figure was worked out I have no idea). It comes as no surprise to find the majority of the world's population believes in a diety of some sort or another.

It wouldn't surprise me at all that the Vatican library contains the largest paranormal collection, considering what some of the pope's were like.
___

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2007 6:56 pm 

People tend to forget that as late as the 1700s even the Popes were using "seers" who had been deemed "divine" by the Church to help them formulate how best to deal with difficult situations and future trends.

I think the greatest handicap we have today is that we tend to use only SCIENCE (in the "old days" they didn't have access to our kinds of science) when they should be incorporating psychics, Numerology, Astrology, and whatever else is available to get the WHOLE picture. In essence, we (using only science) are just as blind now as THEY were then... I think you need to use ALL the available tools to get a clearer picture.

It makes NO SENSE to me that when a crime is committed, the cops wait until the case is about to 'go cold' before they think about using a psychic to help in the investigation. If they had a psychic in the division who would work alongside the material and scientific detectives, they might solve more cases a whole lot sooner!
___

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2007 8:19 am 

This guy is tangling with a very complicated issue and trying to come up with a very simple solution that covers all the bases.

There is no conflict with Christ and ET, or angels for that matter, remembering of course that most people and most ETs are not angels.
___

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2007 7:22 pm 
Unregistered
Hello There,
Why can't BOTH be true. God exists. God created the "heavens" and the "earth". So, God created ET's. Jesus could have appeared to those worlds, as well. Since, Jesus walked this Earth -- why could he have not also walked other planets - in the form of whatever those aliens look like? Why did God impregnate a Human - So that, we humans could relate.
God is Omnipresent. Yes, God created man in his own image. Yet, who is to say that God does not have many forms, he may be scientifically 'liquid'... etc. etc. The point is, there are so many points, I could go on and on.
-b
___

Post subject: Re: Christians and UFOs
PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2008 10:05 pm 

I look at the Bible and religion from a logical point of view, not a scientific one. But having said that, it appears that both logic and quantified paths result in similar hypotheses.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2008 5:45 pm 
Unregistered
hi there, I'm christian and I believe firmly in ufo's and other alien life forms ... got atlease 40 video tapes of all kinds of crop circles, alien abductions, etc, etc ... most of it I believe, then there is also alot of crap too hoax's and just plain lier's.

Is it from satan? probabally some of it, but then again there is also satan in the church's in all denominations ... from false preachers,bishops and pastors to false new age church's or religious cults to religiouly backward believers hiding behind the name of christianity . To walk the truth in this world is a fine line.

Many christians in this generation has lost spirituality ... if Jesus were to appear before them, they would'nt know who He was ... The same as the Virgin Mary and other saints have appeared through out the ages and continue to this day, the majority of christians sideswipe it all away and call it satan. When Jesus or Mary or any of the saints are manifesting in a certian area and are giving messages/teachings for the world ... bishops, priests, pastors, evengelists, preachers from all denominations completly egnore it ... like the blind leading the blind.

Sorry for my poor spelling and grammer

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2008 7:25 pm 

NONE of us are perfect in spelling & grammar, Peace... I use my spell-checker all the time. :mrgreen: Nice to hear from you. Hope to see you posting again. And you are right about spirituality being missing in a lot of areas.