UFOSeek Forum

Community for discussion of UFO, Paranormal and mysterious topics
It is currently Mon Dec 17, 2018 6:07 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 38 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2009 5:51 am 

Tweaked wrote:
I think 50% is way too low, but I could be wrong. Last world survey I read, last Spring, said that more than 90% of the 100 thousand polled "believed in a Diety" of some sort, and only about 3% claimed to NOT believe in a God of any sort -- even a god based in the embodiement of all living things and mammals.

The Church has always satanized anything they don't have answers for and do not want to be questioned about, but the Catholic Church in Rome is rumored to have the most extensive paranormal library on earth ... and of course it's off-limits to the ordinary person.
___
I never did understand why someone reading the bible and then showing you this passage and that one thinks some how something fromsomewhere else was not made by God too. They believe in angels and God and Jesus who sits on the right side of God in heaven some where.Is that not alien. How do they know God wrote the Ten comandments and gave them to Moses.Voices from the sky means it was God or a burning bush.How do they know that was not the devil they always talk about.More people have died and started wars over that bible or a coran then any other thing war was about.Look at the crusades killing in the name of God or christianity it makes me sick.I believe in God and will never believe what man rights about what he thinks God is saying.God will talk to me when I get there.And has given me a conscience that I follow.How much more does the creator of the whole universe and everything in it need to do. Yes no need letting people no about things man made up by man to get there far share. Keep it at the vatican in the basement.But for all you people I may have offended .Sorry about that.But just so you know my brother is a Minister in New Jersey and a professer at The Valley Forge Christian College In P.A. He has been a Minister for over 20 years.And we are the best of friends. Just my oppinion.Another dumb human.

Post subject: Re: Christians and UFOs
PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2009 5:54 am 

[quote="Tweaked"]NONE of us are perfect in spelling & grammar, Peace... I use my spell-checker all the time. :mrgreen: Nice to hear from you. Hope to see you posting again. And you are right about spirituality being missing in a lot of areas.[/quote .It is accepting the fact that when it come to loving all living things we have a long way to go.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2009 9:49 am 

From another 'dumb human', I can agree with you, and you must be at least average intelligence to maintain a friendship with a minister who you are philisophically at odds with. Even if he is your brother. ;)

I have an old friend from highschool, who is a minister. (some say he became a minister right after he dated me......) Anyway, we are polar opposites on many issues, but I value his friendship, and respect his point of view.

Maybe it is the moral character of individuals, more than it is who's religious beliefs are right or wrong.

Tim

PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2009 12:11 pm 

Dennis and I may disagree on the SPECIFICS of religion ... but we DO agree that The Golden Rule and one's conscience are the two most important pieces of life anyone can ever believe in.

I don't know that he's wrong; he doesn't know if I'm right. So we agree to disagree, and love each other, anyway. That's how I wish EVERYONE could look at everyone else.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2009 5:48 pm 

Timbit wrote:
From another 'dumb human', I can agree with you, and you must be at least average intelligence to maintain a friendship with a minister who you are philisophically at odds with. Even if he is your brother. ;)

I have an old friend from highschool, who is a minister. (some say he became a minister right after he dated me......) Anyway, we are polar opposites on many issues, but I value his friendship, and respect his point of view.

Maybe it is the moral character of individuals, more than it is who's religious beliefs are right or wrong.

Tim
Yes it is a shame when people have to turn something that was meant to be love to hate and war.I guess that proves we only think with 10 percent of our brain. And 90 percent wasted until we can unlock it.And yes because someone shares a different point of few. Does not mean we do not have many other things in common.So why just stay on the negative topic and get angry.Just go to the ones you can both laugh at.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2009 5:52 pm 

Tweaked wrote:
Dennis and I may disagree on the SPECIFICS of religion ... but we DO agree that The Golden Rule and one's conscience are the two most important pieces of life anyone can ever believe in.

I don't know that he's wrong; he doesn't know if I'm right. So we agree to disagree, and love each other, anyway. That's how I wish EVERYONE could look at everyone else.
Yes I also do not know why people can not look at it the way as if everyone was marryed to each other.Or the best of friends for life.Because after all before we find our best friend our wife,or husband they also were just other people we did not know.And all people are the same we will never agree with anyone on this planet 100 percent of the time.And probably not on another planet of life somewhere else.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2009 5:59 pm 

That's an interesting point.

We don't tend to think of them as 'communicators', because for most of us, they remain silent. Our abductees have consistently reported that their communication for the most part, lacks empathy and insight into human behaviour. They seem to be more mechanical like, but lack the instinctual side that humans have. Such as fear, love, compassion, etc.

I never gave it much thought until you posted, as to how they communicate amongst eachother. Do they get angry? Do they have relationship issues with superiors? Are some of them cowards, some of them firecrackers?

Could what they lack in 'human' qualities explain why they haven't communicated directly with the earth's people?

Tim

PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2009 6:41 pm 

Timbit wrote:
That's an interesting point.

We don't tend to think of them as 'communicators', because for most of us, they remain silent. Our abductees have consistently reported that their communication for the most part, lacks empathy and insight into human behaviour. They seem to be more mechanical like, but lack the instinctual side that humans have. Such as fear, love, compassion, etc.

I never gave it much thought until you posted, as to how they communicate amongst eachother. Do they get angry? Do they have relationship issues with superiors? Are some of them cowards, some of them firecrackers?

Could what they lack in 'human' qualities explain why they haven't communicated directly with the earth's people?

Tim
I do not know about them having issues like us over petty reasons.I do believe with the experiences I have had.They do not say things like the world is coming to a end or look what you are doing to your planet.We know what we are doing to our planet.They do not need to tell us things we already know.And as far as being more robot like.This could be because of the way they move because of the body design then them having no feelings for us.Because if there was no feeling for us why bring us back.Why make it so you do not remeber right away what happened.I believe they do this for our own safety. If lets say you remebered the operation you might have gone threw wide awake by a human .Watching the doctors cut you open take out whatever and then sew you back up. You would freak out maybe even go into shock.So maybe this is why the beings make us forget it at the moment and only remember bits and pieces.And just like a doctor has to act like he has no feeling to hurt you during the operation or he would be afraid to cut you and hurt you.So may be the way people are seeing the beings from up there.
After all do we put things back after we capture them to study .No they are just sent to some other lab to be cut open and studied some more.And then the rest burned or buried.So I do believe they have compassion for us some of us just are not reading it right.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2009 8:26 am 

almostalien, we honestly don't know that the many races are bringing back everyone they take. Thousands of people come up missing every year, just from the U.S. alone, and a greater percentage are never found. True, some people probably just WANT to disappear. Others are victims of various crimes. Some drive off into waterways and brushy crevices, and it takes YEARS to locate the missing cars, with the remains inside. And then there is our compartmentalized government agencies who can make people go POOF! And years later, we might get a hint of some kind of covert operation that might have been involved. More often, we never know.

But overall, I'd say that most alien races wouldn't want to keep many of us; we'd be too much of a problem... We're vain, we're selfish, we're not galactic travelers. We're HIGH MAINTENANCE. So the chances that lots of us are abducted by under-worlders, or off-worlders, is slim.

I know a few people who would volunteer to leave with them, but none of the people who crave for a new beginning with strangers from somewhere else--at least no one I've ever known--has been granted the opportunity to leave.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2009 4:50 pm 

Tweaked wrote:
almostalien, we honestly don't know that the many races are bringing back everyone they take. Thousands of people come up missing every year, just from the U.S. alone, and a greater percentage are never found. True, some people probably just WANT to disappear. Others are victims of various crimes. Some drive off into waterways and brushy crevices, and it takes YEARS to locate the missing cars, with the remains inside. And then there is our compartmentalized government agencies who can make people go POOF! And years later, we might get a hint of some kind of covert operation that might have been involved. More often, we never know.

But overall, I'd say that most alien races wouldn't want to keep many of us; we'd be too much of a problem... We're vain, we're selfish, we're not galactic travelers. We're HIGH MAINTENANCE. So the chances that lots of us are abducted by under-worlders, or off-worlders, is slim.

I know a few people who would volunteer to leave with them, but none of the people who crave for a new beginning with strangers from somewhere else--at least no one I've ever known--has been granted the opportunity to leave.
But that does not mean I can't hope they will take me some day.And even if I have to go threw some transformation I will do it.I have had a great life been to many countries several times. Met many nice people around the world.Have experienced many things and have seen things people will never see. I have been very lucky and am very lucky.So for me to go with the beings and not be in there way is not that big of a deal.I have sky dived in the past and I always figured .If my parachute does not open and I am on the way down.Screaming will not do anything flapping my arms will do nothing I might as well enjoy the ride down before its over.So even if my life would be cut short to go with those beings I am comfortable in knowing were I am going after this life.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 38 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next