UFOSeek Forum

Community for discussion of UFO, Paranormal and mysterious topics
It is currently Wed Oct 17, 2018 11:00 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2007 10:45 pm 
Unregistered
Sa aaayy!This fellow sounds way much different than OBLs form of Wahabbiism...i dare say hed probly be the target of a terrorist bomb himself! When one hears the Wahabbiist view of Islam, one doesnt quite get the same impression...
But tell me,...is there a fatwa out that offers a price for his head?
bergle
___

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2007 9:36 pm 

Interesting to note that when I was growing up in a mining community up North, the population of the town was made up of immigrants from all over the world. There were various churches established which were community gathering places for all the different groups of new Canadian's. These were young workers coming to the mines to make their 'fortunes', and establish a new life for their families.

The second generation of children (me included) all went to the same public shool, and grew up together. We did not have the accents of our parents, and we all understood eachother and grew close in friendship despite having come from very different cultures. A new community grew within a very diverse community, and nobody really thought about who your parents were or where they came from or what religion they were because we were all in the same boat.

I'd visit my Finnish friend, and we'd share their special holiday meals, my Polish friends, same things. Pot luck's at school were an unbelievable display of food that would rival any international buffet table. Being Scottish, our family would run next door on Christmas eve and put a lump of coal on our German neighbour's doorstep. Nobody took any offence, and respected the very different cultural celebrations and milestones such as a baptism for example, everybody would show up. Public town celebrations like winterfest was attended by everybody, and all the different dialects switching from broken English to native tongue by our parents sounded like a symphony.

It was all inclusive instead of exclusive I think, looking back. What great times those were.

Tim
___

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2007 7:45 am 

Most of the others in my home town were the same way, Timbit. The Catholic kids went to St. Bernard's School through the 8th grade, and then they had to come to public high school with all the rest of us. Thinking back, that must have been a BIG change for the Catholic kids.

But although we had many churches of the "Christian Faith" (including Lutherans") we NEVER had a Synagogue. The ones in my class who now are Jewish never mentioned that when we were in school.

I find that SO VERY STRANGE, now, in my older years.
___

Post subject: lacbwr uzrayho
PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2007 12:01 am 
Unregistered
brdhi aved voxkdani sjiqdl hjtgwki twopcnyjz spxg

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2007 4:59 am 

Translaton please?[crazy]
___

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2007 10:25 pm 

I think it means "in solitary confinement in Lithuania, send lawyers, guns, and money!"
___

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2007 6:47 am 

LOL, that may have been my son........[;)]
___