UFOSeek Forum

Community for discussion of UFO, Paranormal and mysterious topics
It is currently Mon Sep 23, 2019 12:30 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 7:40 pm 

It's here! In a move designed to avoid loss of market share to its main rival as a result of the much-ballyhooed roll-out of Grand Theft Auto IV, Xianity Fantasy Games has just released the newest version of its best-selling game, Grand Theft Jesus.

http://www.opednews.com/articles/Grand-Theft-Jesus-IJ-Relea-by-Robert-McElvaine-080713-717.html

In case you didn't scroll down far enough to get the video on YouTube, play it below:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=fht3M9G4KSc

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 4:17 am 

This confused me lol I wasn't sure if it was a real game or not, but I won't give it away and see what others think of it.

I guess that anything to make money via a video game is up for grabs. Including Jesus. ;)

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/8869881/

Tim

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 12:33 pm 

I don't follow organized religions but I don't condemn those that do. I do believe in God but the god I believe in is different to the one religion preaches. I don't necessarily believe in the content of what a religion preaches but I stand by the right of those who do to believe what they will withot ridicule.I do believe churches are money making scams but I don't beieve the people necessarily know it. I believe religions were organized and defined by evil power hungry perverted (for want of a worse word) idiots. However having all that said I think this game is wrong and is an abomination. It's insulting to the people who do believe and makes a mockery of the people themselves. Like us on this or any other UFO site they don't deserve to ridiculed for what they believe. Ann :P

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 1:17 pm 

Please, note that: Jesus really was on this planet about 2,000 years ago and he was a normal person like one of us. He was condamned by those that wanted his "power", and that power came more from peoples talking about him...One thing is not cleared is why when he knew he was near to be killed he started to sweat blood. Some scientist said that is a kind of disease... but I "don''t understand" why it happened after he had knowledge he was near to die and not before...

Does it happens today? I think not...

Now: Churches and religions are two different things.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 3:32 pm 

I think that Saturday Night Live did a mockery of it to show just that Ann- how ridiculous the whole thing was. I don't think they were knocking religion as much as they were the opportunists who take something and run with it, all the way to the bank.

I wonder if, in the final analysis so to speak, that its not a big deal to produce and promote video games for kids to learn the lessons their parents want them to learn. If it reflects their beliefs and instills values that their parents want them to have, well, they could do a lot worse.

I think this will probably take off much like gospel rock has.

Tim

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 4:14 pm 

You mean that is a real game??? That can be purchased??? No way -??? :o

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2008 4:34 am 

From the impression I got, yes it IS... Religious Gaming is not quite mainstream yet, but it's been steadily climbing in church cult popularity.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2008 1:51 pm 

It is interesting that video games are available via a religious format, I was surprised too.

I remember years ago when my kids were little, and games came out to foster 'non-competetive cooperation'. There was a version of monopoly and other games where nobody won, and everybody worked together, helping and being kind and non-competative. My kids played it at a friend's house.

It was NO FUN at all!!! lol

Tim