UFOSeek Forum

Community for discussion of UFO, Paranormal and mysterious topics
It is currently Sun Sep 23, 2018 1:34 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 300 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 30  Next
PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2008 6:04 am 

I just don't understand why they just don't accept people...........as they are.

In their own words:

Quote:
It's not a question of equality, it's a matter of doctrine

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/africa/6377761.stm

Tim

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2008 4:40 pm 

The church has to continuously be against something or other. It wasn't that long ago they argued about women going up the church ladder and women were treated as property, single mothers were abominable sinners and before that Black people weren't even wanted let alone welcomed. I'm sure that once the church realizes that homosexual people have money to give as well then they'll want them. The church in my opinion is the most evil of all places and the Devil does his Damnedest work within its walls. Their response to Gay people is to be expected, they (the clergy) are hippocrates after all. Ann :P

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2008 9:16 am 

Churches depend on regular contributors, so they have to have something different in each denomination that they think will (1) keep the ones who are already there, coming back, and (2) be exciting or outrageous enough to bring in new people who can also donate into the coffers.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2008 1:47 pm 

Guilt is a great motivator. People will spend kazillions to save their souls.

Tim

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2008 9:46 pm 

George Carlin once said in an interview, that he never considered his soul in jeopardy since the day he stopped saying:

"Now I lay me down to sleep,
I pray the Lord my Soul to Keep,
If I should die before I 'wake,
I pray the Lord my soul to take..."

"Take my Soul?? Are they NUTS???!" :mrgreen: "I need all the Soul I can keep!!! I'm not giving MINE away again! No-sirree-Bob!"

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2008 10:37 pm 

Quote:
t's not a question of equality, it's a matter of doctrine
= arrrogance. For this the religions are loosing many believers, 'cause they too open their eyes and start to see the truth...

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2008 6:58 pm 

Religion is the most decieving form of propaganda ever invented,especially the catholic church. They printed only what they wanted people to see in the bible, they left out so many truths that were contrary to what they wanted people to believe Religion was formed as a way to keep the masses in line with whatever king or queen the church was in cahoots with. Priests were given unlimited power to scare the masses into believing if thet did not tow the line they would burn in hell forever.They are the biggest moneymaker in the world and no one is really sure what the net worth of the catholic church is but I am sure its way into the billions of dollars but here in boston they just went through the biggest scam of homosexual priests ever in the catholic church and the victims numbered in the 50's but we all know it was many more but people committed suicide and some did not want it known they had been molested by their priests and the church cried poor when it was time to pay up. Can you imagine, all that money and they actually tried to make people believe they were destitute. arrogant,joey978

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2008 7:25 pm 

I don't know why that organization isn't shut down. Who else could get away with extreme pedophelia.

And this is only what we know of through legal recourse. I suspect thousands have settled privately, without lawyers and official charges.

Not to mention the priests that resign, move onto other occupations, pay off their victims, and live to strike another day.

http://news.sbs.com.au/worldnewsaustral ... ion_542311

The Boston Archdiocese was particularly a sad commentary of the ruthless Catholic church.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,96801,00.html

Tim

PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2008 4:12 am 

What many do not understand is that ABUSE doesn't just involve the Catholic Church or males. I was abused when I was 11 by a Nazarene Minister's son who was 18 and already accepted into the Seminary on a scholarship.

After he was granted a "church" upon his graduation, he came home for the Spring when I was 18 years old. He came to the house and wanted to 'take me out.' (I had been beaten when I was 11--told whatever happened was MY fault because I had my mother's blood...) and my great-grandmother insisted I should go out with him, because maybe he wanted to apologize.

Now how stupid was that?!? And did I go? No. And My cousin, in whom I confided, when Dougie kept coming by my house asking me to go out, finally took two of his friends and beat the living crap out of Dougie... Dougie never bothered me after that. But for years I lived in fear he would find me, even after I moved to California.

Now I'd beat the crap out of him all by myself... me and Smith & Wesson. :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2008 5:50 am 

I just wonder if any other company or business would be allowed to continue to operate if it were found that so many of its management and Executive officers and it's supervisors and leading hands and bosses were all involved in illegal dealings the way the catholic church has been allowed to.

It should have been forced to dissband long ago. It should have been banned from ever being able to operate again anywhere. What does it say for a business who continues to operate and make money on the misery of millions which it was responsible for causing.

The misery is not just limited to peodiphilia it includes years and years of guilt for simply feeling and behaving as a human being and in many cases leading to suicide. For forced pregnancy upon women who didn't want children and for creating unwanted and often abused children. For forcing people to continue to live in loveless marriages until sometimes even causeing murder.

For condoning and encouraging aggressive and violent behaviour of men toward women and children. For creating racial discrimation among people of different colours resulting in bloody wars and for intentionally mass brain washing with known missinformation and lies.

This business is still allowed to oppperate and that is just soooo wrong. Ann :P

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 300 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 30  Next