UFOSeek Forum

Community for discussion of UFO, Paranormal and mysterious topics
It is currently Tue Jul 17, 2018 9:32 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2008 12:28 am 

I don't want to be misunderstood here.....there are some great guys and gals doing police work, just like there are some great guys and gals in other uniforms.

My hats off to all the good they do and how they hang in there despite a lot of frustration and many difficult issues.

Can't say enough good things about some of them.....they have my respect.

But there is an elephant that seems to remain invisible to the main stream media, despite a clear path of debris left in its wake.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2008 10:55 am 

My father was a policeofficer. He eventually took up a desk job. I wonder why....

I was keenly interested in following my fathers career. :roll: Think that is normal for most people. Thank goodness that I have changed my outlook on life. :D

I applaud those people who help the greater good within society.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2008 11:25 pm 

Timbit wrote:
In my travels, from time to time, I meet very interesting people. Not all of them are normal functioning adults, and would be considered developmentally delayed.

One such individual that I knew, was killed last night, by a hit and run driver, while he was crossing the street, downtown where I live. I came across the scene on my way home; police and ambulance personnel tending to 'somebody' on the ground.........I did not know who until this morning.

He was like many who would be considered 'marginal' and was known as ' a local ', quirky, talkative, annyoying. He was a shoplifter; everybody knew him, and saw him in and out of the courthouse on more than one occassion on one charge or another.

It occurred to me today how arrogant we are about our opinions on God and heaven and hell, and surely those with certain beliefs would condemn him to the latter, rather than the former. Yet, he had no awareness of his lot in life as deemed by others, he only did what he did, and was the way he was because he knew no better.

Was he less worthy of compassion, kindness, care and concern? Should he have been judged so harshly in life that we condemn him in death? Is our ability to reason and judge make us more worthy than any living soul who does not have that capacity?

I hope he is in a better, less judgmental, more loving place. Where those who are 'different' are not the fodder of jokes, diatribes and puffed up opinions on who makes the cut, and who is not worthy.

Rest in Peace Tommy,

Tim
Tim, I understand all too well, and it is tragic and so full of sadness that its palable to me and I believe that life is but a small part of our journey and maybe it was his time to swiych lanes ans pass the rest of us , Yeah I can taste the bitterness of love ones ans even people like myself who empathise with whoever suffers from his sudden abscence, buy I hope you are not too upset, he is in a better place, joey978

PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2008 12:20 am 

I believe he is in a better place Joey, and thanks for your kind words. You will be happy to know that there was a very nice tribute to him, and a surprisingly large funeral. I think he would have enjoyed all the attention and to know that so many really did value him, even just as another human being, no better, no worse than the rest of us.

Tim

PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2008 5:21 am 

He was just like the most of us, but didn't quite know how to fit in, and how to achieve the things he probably once dreamed of as a child. But think of the up-side: He died free, and died quickly. I think I'd wish that for all of us.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2011 9:30 pm 

Timbit wrote:
In my travels, from time to time, I meet very interesting people. Not all of them are normal functioning adults, and would be considered developmentally delayed.

One such individual that I knew, was killed last night, by a hit and run driver, while he was crossing the street, downtown where I live. I came across the scene on my way home; police and ambulance personnel tending to 'somebody' on the ground.........I did not know who until this morning.

He was like many who would be considered 'marginal' and was known as ' a local ', quirky, talkative, annyoying. He was a shoplifter; everybody knew him, and saw him in and out of the courthouse on more than one occassion on one charge or another.

It occurred to me today how arrogant we are about our opinions on God and heaven and hell, and surely those with certain beliefs would condemn him to the latter, rather than the former. Yet, he had no awareness of his lot in life as deemed by others, he only did what he did, and was the way he was because he knew no better.

Was he less worthy of compassion, kindness, care and concern? Should he have been judged so harshly in life that we condemn him in death? Is our ability to reason and judge make us more worthy than any living soul who does not have that capacity?

I hope he is in a better, less judgmental, more loving place. Where those who are 'different' are not the fodder of jokes, diatribes and puffed up opinions on who makes the cut, and who is not worthy.

Rest in Peace Tommy,

Tim

Tim this is joey fearless now on my username i had to register again.
I wanted to comment on your post as I find it to be so true and I will tell you why.
My daughter who is 31 now trained horses all her life was licensed by the state, hated drugs and has 2 bboys with 2 seperate guys. She broke her kneecap and had operations and was put on oxycontin for pain for over a year. She had no clue about addiction but was still in pain, so one day she goes to the doctors and his office is empty, it seems he was stealing money from insurance and went back to south america when they found out.
so now she calls me up and says she is sick with the flu and its getting worse by the day, turns out she was in serious withdrawels so she ended up on a six month methadone detox met a guy there he introduced her to cocain and now my mom has custody of my oldest grandson and the kids mom has custoday of my youngest and my daughter is struggling bad so you cannot tell anything from appearances because they don't tell the whole story. just thought I would throw that out there and agree with you and this is personal. joey

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2011 3:33 pm 

I felt the need to reply to these posts as you obviously know what goes on with the whole jutice system but I think Canada has a better and more faif system.
That being said, the police in most of the states have far too much power and people who have never had to deal with any police courts trials suddenly find themselves charged with for example murder of a spouse, Right away the police have the husband as theit number 1 suspect and usually will not even begin to look at anyone else until the haunt and metally torture this poor guy until he believes what the police tell him and will actually sign a confession just to make it all go away. Most people have never had to deal with being interrogated for 48 hours straight with no break no food no nothing and also they see a suspect that is a little slow they rally lay it to the point that even people with high i qs will confess just to make it go away and its only after years locked and they get lucky with an appeal that they might get a chance to clear their name and be let out. I had a freind who was put away for life for something he did not do and luckily he had the innocence project get him out but it took 12 years. the prison sysem is designed to fail so people will come back over and over,its the biggest bussines in the U S A fearless