UFOSeek Forum

Community for discussion of UFO, Paranormal and mysterious topics
It is currently Sat Aug 24, 2019 8:03 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2010 3:52 pm 

I have always respected everyones own beliefs as far as God goes or as far as anything goes, I do not judge anyones beliefs or opinions, especially as my past is one full of bad decisions, actions addictions, so I have been on both sides of the fence and seen the world from very different sides, so I would be the last one to judge anyone or anything.
As far as my own belief concerning the issue of God, I believe there is something or someone that is a higher power, I have no name for it but I believe that there is something which connects us to each other as well as to a higher power for lack of a better word, and I aldo believe we are not only connected to aech other in some way we have yet to fully comprehend or understand but we also are connected to the very planet on whicn we live, we are in some way connected to the earth around us itself, many ancient cultures believed this also. What did they know that we do not?
I read a book a few years back when I was getting so called "clean" and it was called sermon on the mount and it was all about this one theologin who had this very interesting understanding of jesus speech when he gave it to many on the mountainside and also his interpitation of the lords prayer. He broke it down line by line and what he had to say was so fascinating and made so much sense to me that it really helped me to view life differently and although I am not a full believer in God as depicted in the bible, as the bible was written with only selected works, much other perspectives and writings were diliberatly left out, why did they choose to be selective? The only answer I can see is that they put in what they wanted people to believe in, not what was the whole truth. This is not me saying this, it has been fully documented how they purposly left out writngs, why? we can only speculate on the full reason for this and I will not attempt to think that I would even begin to know the reason for this and other such bible mysterys.
Anyway this man who wrote this book in 1935 had such insight into these things and he proclaimed that each time someone in this world prays it has an effect on every living thing , person, in the world. When viewed with this outlook, that each time someone says a prayer it has an effect on everyone, that struck a chord of truth in me and I still do not understand why but it did.
Does this meran I believe in the God of the bible or of the jesus in the bible? no it doesn't, however it has more to do with spirituality for me, because I believe that spirituality is the key to understanding many such things and the more spiritual we become, the more understanding we get. bloodbreed, joey

PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2010 5:13 pm 

Some interesting points, Joey.

At a guess...I'd probably say that it's impossible to fully comprehend the true nature of God. I suspect that when we pass over to the spirit world, we may be able to understand a little more then. But regardless of what realm we are in, to fully comprehend the infinite would be a monumental task.

I'm of the opinion that everything has some sort of effect on everything else. So yes, prayers could certainly have an effect, as could dreams and as do thoughts. For instance, the way a leaf falls to the ground and the location it finally comes to rest has an effect on other things, besides the leaf.

I agree Joey, spirituality certainly is the key to understanding the world we live in and the reason that life exists. According to some religions and ancient traditions, the world goes though infinite cyclical periods were spirituallity flourishes and then slowly declines....and so on.

Spirituallity and God are deep subjects which raise more questions than they do answers. But part of me loves that..I love the whole mysteriousness of it. I mean, it would be pretty boring if we already knew everything and there was no more mysteries left, wouldn't it.

As Einstein once said...
"The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the source of all true art and all science."

Peace, Caper.

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2010 8:13 pm 

I agree with you Caper. Spirituality is most definitly the key to understanding or the way to begin to understand the whole meaning of a higher conciousness, and the more spiritual we become the more closer we get to understanding things a little more.
The hindu religion which believes in reincarnation believes that when our body dies our spirit moves on to another vessel in which to gain even more knowledge of the spiritual self. This man who wrote the book I describe believed that if reached the pinnacle of spirituality then we would have the ability to heal with just a touch, however no one will probably ever reach that level of spirituality, however some hindus can due remarkable things, I saw them put cold wet blankets on them and through meditation within minutes the blankets were steaming and were dry within 5 minutes, thats how fast they had trained themselves to raise or lower their body temperatures. It was truly amazing, so yes I believe spirituality is the key to reaching higher levels of understanding. I do not believe in any type of orginised religion as it seems to be made to fit its users own agendas wheras spirituality has no agendas. bloodbreed

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2010 10:07 am 

Indeed Joey.

I agree that there are some people in this world who can do extraordinary things. Monks and holy men seem to be able to do things that defy explanation...but yet they are genuine.

Mainstream science's ego is threatened when confronted with something that it doesn't understand, or something that it cannot explain. Take for example, a chap called Prahlad Jani.

Jani is Hindu spiritualist and claims not to have eaten or drank anything for the last 70 years. Extraordinary claims indeed....but Jani agreed to be put under 24 hour observation as part of a scientific experiment to validate his claims. And for the 15 days he was monitored, he didn't eat or drink a thing, nor pass any urine or stools.

After that, some scientists in India and the India military are taking his claims very seriously and trying to learn from him.

15 days should have killed him....but it didn't....why not 70 years?

Of course many scientists in the Western world, are calling him a hoaxer and fraud. Simple because they don't understand it...it threatens their knowledge in a way. Everything that they know, and that science has taught them says that such a thing should be impossible.

But yet it's not. So they get angry and insecure about the whole thing and see at as threat rather than something they can learn from....pretty sad really.

I'm not a fan of organized religon, Joey. I agree that it controls people and is responsible for a lot of conflict in the world. There are religions that I prefer to others though. For example, Catholicism and Islam are two which I'm strongly against...where as I have a lot of time for the Hindu religion. I'm not a Hindu myself, but I share a lot of what they believe in.

So I think all are controlling to a degree...but some are more controlling and sinister in their intentions, than others.

I think a balance is what is needed. Part spirtual, part physical. That way we get the best of both worlds and there would be an abudance of understanding and peace among all people.

Peace, Caper.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2010 3:23 am 

I do not think we could ever really understand the true scope of it all, the universe, space, god. If we could truly understand the nature of those thibgs then we would be so spiritually enlightened that we wouldn't need to seek the answers to those questions.
And I have been thinking what if we did know the aanswers to those things, I am not sure I would want to. I mean at least not now, I don't know if I could handle the answers. Maybe it would be too much for my brain.
Do you know what I am saying?My life would be profoundly changed forever. I need t sleep on this. bloodbreed

PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2010 2:46 pm 

Yeah, I totally understand what you're saying, Joey.

I agree with a lot of of that as well.

These are the biggest questions in life, and also some of the most important in my opinion.

I can sense God and see the result of God all around me (the universe), but as for what God looks like and why it acts....I have no idea. I always give a lot of thought to it though, and hope that my prayers and questions can be heard.

Infinity is mind bender.....think about it....no beginning or end. ;)

Peace, Caper.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2010 5:09 am 

Interesting conversation here.

Here is a little bit more on Mr. Jani

http://www.nowpublic.com/strange/prahla ... 15390.html

Tim

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2010 9:25 am 

Thanks Tim.

Jani certainly is a remarkable individual. The most amazing thing about all of this though, is that I believe we all have the potential and ability to do what he is doing. This case isn't just a one-off, as there is at least one other person who does what Jani does.

Human beings are amazing and this case reiterates just how special we are and what we are capable of doing.

Peace, Caper.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 25, 2010 4:21 pm 

Something or someone had to set all of this in motion, the universe, the many universes, planets stars and so much more we do not know of or about. I also think you are right when you said that God is a feeling, it really is, spirituality is a feeling and you can sometimes feel the power of spirituality, you can see it in others. I have looked into a persons eyes and I could see the sparkle and the self contentment in those eyes and I have also seen a very disturbed person looking out from behind a set of eyes.
I have lived two seperate lives caper, one life I was headed to college to play hockey and another life I played in a band at 15 with guys 10 years older and I got involved heavily with drugs, first it was about the money then I became my own best customer with heroin. I thought I had it going on, 15, playing in bars, drinking and dating older women, lots of money from selling drugs but over time things began to change, I found a girl I thought I loved had a baby girl, so here I was working a o.k. job couldn't play in a band anymore not enough money, trying to hide an addiction from everyone and I did a good job for 3 years but it was taking a mean toll on me with the addiction, the stress of hiding it and soon I had to come clean, my wife thought I could just quit in 1 day, she had no clue so we fought for the next year and finally I couldn't deal with it. I needed help but I also had to keep working to support my wife and kid, so I was stuck in a relationship I didn't want to be in, never really did but felt I had to do the right thing. Anyway we divorced and I spent the next ten yearssurviving the best I could, even moved to indiana where I was born and lived with my granparents. They were so good to me but as luck would have it no heroin had really hit the city I lived in the southernmost city called evensville, it was nice I lived right on the outskirts so I could go to the country if I took a left out of my driveway and into the city if I took a right.
O.K. so here I was 1500 miles from home, trying to get off drugs and I walk into a pharmacy and its an old friend of mine who I haven't seen in 15 years and he owns the pharmacy, unbelievable, so I am not feeling good and my friend tells me I can have anything I want, so naturally I want to feel better so I get some stuff and he gives me a huge shopping bag with everything from a to z, I am not kidding and he tells me to come in anytime I need something, he gave me enough stuff to last me a good six months without being miserly with them, so now I am back to sqaare one. I lived in Indiana for the next three years and came back here worse than when I left. OK, i got clean and ended up going to jail for 7 years for something so stupid nothing violent, I am not a violent person and I was sober at the time too, bad luck but now I believe by going away that it was what I needed to be somewhere where I had no choice but to get clean and stay clean, I truly believe it was a blessing in disguise becaus I have been clean for a long time now, my whole point is I have seen the best of society and lived with the worse society could dish up and I survived and I am truly a blessed person these days, even though I am not physically in the greatest of health, I am still alive and kicking and doing the things I enjoy and its spirituality that led me to this path and keeps me on this path, little things like being grateful for what I have not taking anything in life for granted anymore because it could all change in a moments time. Its the little things that count in my life and how I live my life, I know I could easily let it slip away if I do not check myself. ok I will end here I am tired i didn't sleep all nite, i was in pain so I am going to try and chill out sorry for the long ramblings of a madman,bloodbreed

PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2010 5:00 pm 

Bloodbreed,

You have nothing to be sorry for, and you are certainly not mad.

I thoroughly enjoyed reading that post, it was a lesson as well as a story. An experience, that I'm sure many have gone through. And I commend you for having gone through all of that, and came out at the end of it as a really nice person and one who has seen the light. You have seen things that many don't, that in itself is a luxury.

I believe spirituallity consists of multiple elements, feeling is one, as is awareness. Spirit is at the heart of it all.

I now realize money has nothing to do with it. For the first half of my life I thought it was all about money, but it's not. You are aware of the true nature and capability of the universe, you are far ahead of others in your thinking, Joey. Surely, that in itself is priceless.

Joey, an experience I find quite spiritual and moving, is to wake up early and drive to a nice peaceful place and watch the sun rise. That may sound mundane to some, but it's far from mundane. It's a very powerful experience.

It's about experience, happiness and love plus some fun along the way too.

I wish you the best of luck, Joey.

Peace, Liam.