UFOSeek Forum

Community for discussion of UFO, Paranormal and mysterious topics
It is currently Mon Aug 26, 2019 7:59 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2009 2:03 pm 

I was reading that the Swedish group Ikea has proposed for the new american Presidential office one of their lines... well think is not such good idea (for him) 'cause here we know perfectly how racists they are and how the material used is not so well quelified. The cost of objects is very expansive, probably done to the difference of value, but also in some way they don't meet usual requirements.

Example: a friend of mine went there and tried to buy a complete bed. At home they found that the bed has measures in relation to swedish population, so they are longer than the normal... asking for normal measures, they answered was not possible; on the opposit they toild him to give the measures of his bed but he will have to pay a "little" difference (+/-200 euros!).

The racism way is in relation to something they launched years ago: peoples with long hairs, bird and mustaches, as black peoples, were not allowed to go there... yeah, this was some years ago, but the thought still the same, so, why should I go to give my money in such place? I have long hairs, but I am not a criminal..! In Sweden most of peoples have long hairs... so what kind of politic are they using? To who would they sell their objects?

If you can have contact with your president, inform him about this, 'cause I think that we should not support the foolishness of such a group...

PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2009 3:23 pm 

I'm lost with that one dad.

Sweedish Ikea group is racist? Who are these people.

I've drawn a total blank here. I actually have some of their stuff. Just a bookcase, but it was cheap, and well made.

Please enlighten me!

Tim

PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2009 7:03 pm 

Unfortunatly it's all true. I rmember when on italian newspaper came the new "Ikea will not allow the entrance to their rooms to peoples with long hairs, beard, mustaches and other" and that other was meaning as black peoples! After some months they found that those peoples are the money they made; so they have been obligated from italian government to close the site or allow entrance to everybody. This I can remember and I can tell to some friend of mine to confirme it.

Material: if you see what they produce, you probably will change your mind. Take for example a kitchen. Someone (as me) prefere good and real wood; they give you something which is made from pressed wood, and if that piece takes some little water, it starts to inflate orribly... the cost of it, is the same than for a no name real wood worked out... so, why should I spend my money for something that I don't know the time it will resists/exists? I porefere give my money to some no name product, but with real elements...

Probably is the policy they use here, I don't know, but surely they now are well known from many peoples...for that bad mistake they did..!

PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2009 7:07 pm 

ok, I see what you mean now dad.

I don't think I'd buy anything other than minor stuff from them. We just redid our kitchen with solid maple cupboards, which replaced the 40 year old cupboards that were falling apart. We also have natural oak floors which are original. So much easier with animals.

Nothing like the real thing.

Tim

PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2009 7:28 pm 

Yeah, but if someone on the forum can, please send new to Mr Obama. The money used is also your money and I can't understand why throw them away... ;)

We have the same problem here with chinese products. A big hole of nothing!

PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2009 7:44 pm 

Just as an aside here, I shop every now and then for our Canadian troops in Afghanistan. I am a lot more careful what I buy. I went to the buck store, where most of the garbage in there is from China. Not easy to find made in Canada, OR, made in USA, or anywhere else for that matter.

So, between the buck store, and Walmart, and Zellers, I rounded up a good couple of bags full of stuff for them and delivered it to the firehall. From there it goes to CFB Trenton, and then overseas.

I am much more aware now, than I was. I guess that's all you can do. Sometimes better quality doesn't have to cost a lot more.

Tim

PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2009 11:38 pm 

Do you know 1 thing? If it could be for me, I would make a law where the only cost would be nothing really; recycled paper, and others... this to avoid anyone to produce again poison elements. In effect the cost of production is the same, if compared to the "change of line"... it is similar as when a big car house decides to change the line of a car; they spend money to have more in return. Using from now all bio materials, could be a less cost... but we need to start, all around the planet, all together.

Example? Check for some old clan in middle of some forest and you'll see a perfect clan where everything is life based... they don't give poisons to the planet, but they have big respect for it.
This is the difference between the "civilized man" and the "savage one". Abd this is a big question: really, who is the civilized and who is the savage? ;)

Producing that rubbish (bad material) gives 2 times damage; 1 for the production in itself and 1 for the disposal of it, 'cause it will not be used but trashed. This is a damager thought and I am not and feel not be masochistic ;)

PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2009 12:17 am 

See what I found searching a little

http://archiviostorico.corriere.it/1999/marzo/22/Ikea_clienti_con_barba_restino_co_0_9903223493.shtml

As you see it is from long ago (1999) and not only here, in my country, but also in UK...[sorry if the page I found is only in italian; I haven't found it in other languages]