UFOSeek Forum

Community for discussion of UFO, Paranormal and mysterious topics
It is currently Wed Nov 20, 2019 1:26 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 44 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2008 5:42 pm 

I believe God to be our creater, actually everything and everyones creater including ET and the Universe and is far beyond the idea of a person. I use HE only as simplicity, but I believe he is energy. In that context I do believe we are a part of him and that we are all his sons and daughters and his dogs and cats and his trees and oceans and his sky and planets etc etc.

I believe Jesus was his son the same way I am his daughter and ET is his alien. In human terms I don't believe him (Jesus) to be anything different to us. I don't believe in the immaculate conception. I think Jesus may have had some talents perhaps like that healer we saw the other day on the video.

I think he was very wise and was in our terms a bit of a genius and comprehended well. I think he tried to teach to a lot of very poor and very uneducated people who knew no better. I think he tried to instil them with hope and show them an alternative way to live without violence. I think he was a very honorable man and was prepared to stand by his convictions even to his death.

After his death for hundreds of years stories were handed down about this man. They were verbal stories and except for a few letters written about him after his death nothing he did was written down in his day. Hundreds of years later they tried to compose a book about him and his teachings and this became the New Testament.

It's filled with hand me down stories and parabels and exageations about an unusual man. A man before his time. I think Church leaders and Bible translaters took it upon themselves to decide what he was about and the life he lived. I think these translaters and church leaders were trying to help the ignorant people of that day and worded things to help the situations they faced in that time.

Beyond that I think it is just fiction. Religion was and is used to control the masses and to get people to do the leaders bidding. You're told to follow blindly because if you ever thought seriously about it you would know it was a lot of rubbish. You have to have blind faith because there is very little about religion that is bassed on reality.

That's not to say that there aren't some good things in there, there are such as the ten commandments but its just a shame we aren't told of the hundreds of others and they decided that the top ten would suffice. I resent it because I can think for myself and hate people telling me what to think and what to do and when I can. Some people may need that kind of structure even today but I'm not one of them. I belong to the church of UFOLOGY, the one true church.....Ann :P

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2008 10:22 pm 
Unregistered
I have questioned religion, I was brought up by a Catholic mother, and an atheist father, and they let me make my own mind up. I went to church, though not very often, and went to sunday school to, but I wouldnt call myself truly religious.

Over the years though, I have seen and heard different stories and documentaries and read some books, and have pretty much the same ideas as you Ann, but I just have this question about the symbols of christianity.

Whenever there is a demon affecting someones life, when they are possesed, a priest is called to do an exorcism, and during the ritual, latin is usually recited, and the symbol of the cross is used to banish the demon. The demon always reacts to the symbol of the cross, now why is this, I have wondered this for quite a while. It is supposedly used by us as a symbol of jesus being crucified in this way, but he was not the only one ever that was killed in this way, it was used for years before and after.

I wonder if the cross has a deaper meaning in some way, and nothing like how we have been told, how would the symbol of how jesus was crucified have such an effect on a powerful spirit I wonder. I have never attended an exorcism, so am only going on reports of what takes place, but it has been writen many times as to what actually occurs.

Just thought I`d put this out there

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2008 11:30 pm 

I, too, have wondered this about exorcisms. We have only the priests' word to vouch for them, and this is why I brought up the "sign of the cross meaning" earlier in the thread...

Let me tell you what made me first think about this.

Several years back, when the comet Hale-Bopp was visible to most of the northern hemisphere, there were times during the early evening when the comet looked like a cross, turned on it's side, in the early evening sky. I know the waning sunlight had something to do with the way it flared; THAT was never in question. But what it made me think, was that the Sign of the Cross may have some different meaning.

Then, not more than a couple of years ago, I took a photo of the full moon at a certain time in the night sky, and it, too, made a perfect Sign of the Cross the way my lens perceived it. This time is was standing straight up and down.

But we are babies in this Universe. Thousands of years before you and me, other must have seen the same things.

But we don't have a Universal Language that can tell us, in pictographs, what different symbols mean to various and assorted people on Earth, let alone what it might mean to inhabitants of other worlds and dimensions.

It might have just been "lore" that Constantine railroaded and used to Unite all the religions of that day when everyone had to accept the new Bible and accept Christianity.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2008 5:43 am 

For all of you who usually just read our forum and don't usually post anything if one of you has any ideas or knows where to find information about the cross and it's meanings could you please let us know or give us a link to it. I for one would greatly appreciate this. Thankyou in advance.....Ann :P

PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2008 5:56 am 

Here are 2,150,000 possibilties!

It seems that from what I've read about it, it origins are not clearly established.

http://www.google.ca/search?hl=en&q=his ... ross&meta=

Mind boggling that one simple cross has so much history. Views from members would be welcome as you said Ann, different religions attach different meanings to it.

Tim

PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2008 5:58 am 

Oh, man ... talk about BRAIN BURN & overload!

PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2008 6:18 am 

I had read several of the links and was so confused I couldn't post a logical thought on it lol

It all boils down to (I think) the fact that it was originally a pagan symbol, relating to the sun worshipers, and astrology.

Maybe more a symbol to direct energy through, much like crystals?

Tim

PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2008 6:34 am 

Now, THERE'S a good thought... I'm sure the sun could be seen to make that kind of flare, just as I saw the Moon do it.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2008 6:51 am 

Yeah I looked up so much stuff when the crop circle came up and I desperately wanted to relate it to the astrological cross but I couldn't because they are different unfortunately. I'm still hopeing that somewhere somehow it can still be related and that I've just missed it. I hope someone can help with some answers......Ann :P

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2008 3:35 pm 

I clicked on the video and I had to sign in, so I did and I guess there are 29 parts in total but what I got from it was that the government knew about 9 11 before it happened. Ok, if this is true I find it so incredible to believe that all these people let it happen, I also got from the vid that banks and other companys made massive amounts of money from this and supposedley thats why it was allowed to happen,in other words a secret gov behind the one we see is really running the show. We all know and have heard the rumours that secret societys such as the freemasons are the ones who truly run the show, do I believe this? I do not know to what extent this is true but I believe that there are very powerful and wealthy men and women behind the scenes who are manipulating prime lending rates who gets gov. contracts for things like the war,we all know that right now as we speak there are scientists working on biological weapons that could wipe out the entire world as we know it within a matter of days.We can debate all of this forever but the bottom line is I do not think people such as us have the power to stop anything or even expose anything and even if we had concrete proof do you actually believe we would be allowed to live long enough to put it out there to the point where someone in power would believe us? no I harbor no illusions that we live in a free society and our votes actually mean anything,we vote for the next puppet thats all. I am not some parnoid freak who thinks there is a conspiracy behind every door but maybe the people who do are not far off the mark who knows what we see and hear is true anymore? the media is a powerful manipulative tool and thats what it is a tool for agendas joey978 I pray for us all

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 44 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next