UFOSeek Forum

Community for discussion of UFO, Paranormal and mysterious topics
It is currently Wed Nov 20, 2019 5:01 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2008 10:43 am 

Yes, we played chinese whispers at school aswell. Lots of fun when there are 30 children in the classroom. I preferred the game 'I went to the shops and brought a.....' and you would have to memorize the list and add an item at the end. You'd keep going until someone got the list wrong or muddled the order of the items. Good for teaching children to remember things.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2008 3:14 pm 

I remember that as the 'telephone game'.

As far as Government secrets go, it plays that game well. With everything working well on compartmentalization, it is easy to throw eachother off track so that one person in the office at the pentagon, knows nothing of the operation in the office next door.

Timothy Good's book, 'Need to Know', details just how well that process has worked in keeping secrets secret. Even exposing secrets for development purposes presented in such a way as to eliminate any truth. For instance, recovered artifacts from UFO's were given to public companies and told only that they were 'obtained' from an unknown source. Companies would presume that meant another country via spies and unwittingly develop products, which would then be used for military advantage.

It's a good book to read to gain an understanding of just how incredible the coverup is. Add to that billions of dollars in black budgets, and it really is a government within a government, only they are not held to account by any taxpayer.

Tim

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2008 11:52 am 

To be cleared to a level of security to know a 'secret' that may have no effect on anything... the government wants to know everything but your underwear size before giving clearance.... maybe they even want to know that these days.

For what?

For control.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2008 7:24 pm 

"A Nation which sacrifices freedom for security deserves neither."

PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2008 3:02 pm 

We have known that past Presidents of the US have tried, unsuccessfully, to gain meaningful information from the CIA on UFO's.

Both Hillary and Bill Clinton tried, so did the Kennedy's. The information is even beyond their reach.

Will Obama be able to break that bubble? Will he want to? New leadership, new disclosure?

http://www.opednews.com/maxwrite/diaryp ... ?did=10633

Tim

PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2008 9:12 pm 

I want to throw this into the pot for consideration...

Let's say for the sake of this exercise you or someone else knew a secret, a really big secret, big enough to rock your government or bring it to its knees, even though this is not your intention or your motivation, its just the nature of the secret.

But you or this someone else are one of the very few people who know this secret.

So what do you or this someone do? Besides bang your head against a brick wall?

It really does not matter what the secret is about other than it is extremely important in terms of the national security act being illegally used to hide this big secret.

The media don't want to know, the politicians don't want to know and the police, FBI etc. don't want to know.......but you or this someone know, for sure, absolutely for sure.

Here we have to throw in the denial factor which is huge.....the biggest unsecret of them all is denial.....it helps keep secrets secret.

It is much like a Chinese puzzle, the harder you try the harder it gets, so the answer stays one step ahead of you.

What happens in such a situation? Any ideas?

PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2008 9:39 pm 

Well, the present consensus amongst the UFO research community is, IF Obama gets briefed on the UFO situation, and there really has been a plan in the works to release acknowledgement of UFOs as a reality under a Democratic Administration, President Obama will have to do it within 120 days of taking Office; otherwise, he will be seen as a part of the overall conspiracy, rather than a bearer of news to him as a newly elected Commander in Chief.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2008 4:08 am 

First.... what is a secret? A secret is something known only to a certain person or persons and purposely kept from the knowledge of others.

Quote:
So what do you or this someone do? Besides bang your head against a brick wall?

My answer to this question is:

A secret is a secret. If you were meant to know than I would tell you. Sometimes secrets can be a bit of a burden. That is how gossip and stories start, as a person who can't keep a secret.... is unable to help themselves and indulge this secret to other parties.... who aren't suppose to know.

Myself... I like to try and understand as much as I can, these days, get my head around. Stupid brick walls. But if I start to realsie that there is more going on with this secret I was told about... than I would go back to the initial party and ask them about it. As they were the ones who told me about it to start with. Then if I decided that I didn't agree with this secret I was told... I would auto dump it from my mind and continue on with my life. I am not one to run off to another party and tell them. Why endanger my life. Why put myself in the middle. Why give someone a reason to not be able to trust me.

Anyways, that's just me.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2008 5:10 am 

I think David had the right idea about secrets are only known on a need to know basis.

I had some clearance while in the military years ago and the rules at that time was very strict on what you could know or not know. If say, you had top secret clearance and you were working on a vehicle that you could drive on the highway and you could also fly through the sky. Top Secret ok?

Your clearance allowed you to be in the work area where they were working on the vehicle.

Two shops down from there, was a building where they were working on a UFO. You need top secret clearance to get in the work area which, you already have. You decide you would like to see what they are doing, so you go to the gate and are stopped by couple mean looking MPs. You show your ID's with top secret clearance but they deny you entrance. Your top secret clearance is only good for the project you are involved in and not any other projects. So your top secret clearance is only good for the ground/air car you are working on. The rest is on a NEED TO KNOW only.

The rules and regulations vary some , but not even the president has the highest clearance and he is only told on a NEED TO KNOW.

Slohand
---------
stop and smell the roses

PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2008 5:17 am 

Nobody gets near the truth do they. Not even the President.

Do you think it will ever unravel?

Tim