UFOSeek Forum

Community for discussion of UFO, Paranormal and mysterious topics
It is currently Thu Jun 20, 2019 6:09 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2009 3:45 am 

I'm saying the idea is not new, it's just jumbled up, and presented as new 'news', and it isn't.

The Queen has no powers over Canadian Government, or its people. She is a figurehead, nothing more. I distinctly remember no longer singing 'God Save The Queen', when it was replaced with 'Oh Canada', although I do note that her official portrait is still in the Post Office. Anyway, I have a framed copy of our constitution hanging in my bedroom.

I absolutely agree that full disclosure would knock the knickers off anybody, no matter what they think they know.

I do not think it will ever happen personally, or at least in my lifetime, however, it isn't because the President doesn't know what's going on. That's the part that's bull to me really.

Tim

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2009 6:44 am 

I'm glad you clarified that Tim and I do think we agree on most points, but I think you are underestimating the power of the crown.

I'll see if I can find something on the net, but if you look at the change in your purse you will find the queen very distinctly stamped into one side.

She does have the power to nix any elected prime minister, but what it would take for her to play her hand I have no idea.

She is a bit more than a figure head, but that is the way we are meant to perceive her and her heirs.

The queen is one of the major players in the Carlyle Group, which basically runs the world, so if you cross her up you are in deep poop.

You may not like it and I may not like it, but it is the way it is.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2009 7:32 am 

Here is a direct quote;

However, the repatriation of the constitution did not have any impact on the position of Queen Elizabeth as Queen of Canada, though the rules of succession are still laid down in British, not Canadian Law.

The Queen of Canada has reserve powers which are;

1. to appoint a Prime Minister
2. to dismiss a Prime Minister
3. to refuse to dissolve Parliament
4. to force a dissolution of Parliament
5. to refuse or delay the Royal Assent to legislation

A reserve power is a power which may be exercised by the head of state which has either an unwritten constitution or a constitution that consists of a written text augmented by additional conventions, traditions, Letters Patent etc. The head of state can be a monarch or the monarch's representative in a constitutional monarchy.

The head of state for Canada is Queen Elizabeth II (The Queen of Canada).

Constitution or no constitution Canada's head of state is the Queen and not the Prime Minister as many Canadians believe to be the case.

During a poll it was found that only 5% of Canadians realized the Queen was still the head of state.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2009 7:46 am 

So, when you or I or anyone holding Canadian citizenship decides to task the Canadian Military, (pick a fight with over illegal legalities), take full (FULL) disclosure for example, you are up against the Crown...in other words in any such dispute you or I or anyone else will be making a claim against the Crown.

That is Canadian Law......not quite a republic or a free state yet.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2009 4:25 am 

Is this not part of the puzzle...the truth we are all searching for?