UFOSeek Forum

Community for discussion of UFO, Paranormal and mysterious topics
It is currently Fri Dec 14, 2018 1:52 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Stevia Rebaudiana
PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2008 3:10 pm 

The Bird Flu, and there has been strangely no word on that in the headlines lately.

China has more, or produces more, dangerous and deadly products than any other country in the world. Granted they are bigger producers of some products, but they top the world in the number of incidents of faulty products, than any other country, bar none

The biggest part of the problem is that the goods are made there at all, and not in our own countries, in my opinion.

But we continue to purchase cheap goods with a 'made in China' label, and China continues to produce them for us.

There just seems to be something particularly horrifying about tens of thousands of sick babies over the latest scandal.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/26859570/

Tim

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2008 7:21 pm 

We seem to NOT HAVE ANY CHOICE, anymore, about from where the things we need are manufactured! Have you tried to find something Made in the USA, recently, that you can afford to purchase with your budget??! Almost ALL of the normal, every-day things we need--electronics to flashlights--come from China, Taiwan, Korea, and etc. We recently tried to get a new remote control for our insured/under warranty TV set... our call was transferred from Los Angeles to Kansas City to somewhere in Argentina, and then to Korea... where the nice man in Korea gave us a direct number for HIS representative in NYC. After we talked to her, our new remote arrived 7 business days later.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2008 7:32 pm 

Yes, this global economy, one World Bank, one World Order, reduces us all to lack of choice in the marketplace.

I think myself that people would indeed pay another 10 bucks to have a remote made in Kentucky, rather than a factory in China, if it meant quality, and supported local families.

I know I would. I'd buy locally made when I could afford it, and if I couldn't, I'd wait until I could.

We have all fallen into that trap of thinking it's all about the price.

I tried to find a list of factories who have closed in the US, and there were over 530,000 hits, and far too many to read through.

Sad that the factories aren't closing due to a lack of product being sold, they close because the product can be cheaply produced in China, sold at the same price in North America, and increase profits.

Tim

http://www.google.ca/search?hl=en&q=fac ... 2007&meta=

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2008 6:49 pm 

And that's the story
Quote:
I think myself that people would indeed pay another 10 bucks to have a remote made in Kentucky, rather than a factory in China, if it meant quality, and supported local families.
'cause you can grow the Stevia Rebaudiana in every place. But... all places depend from brown sugar or white sugar or chemical sweeteners. The only skipped other possible component is the Stevia. Many countries skipped it 'cause they said it is toxic or it is carcinogen...
but why all peoples (Indigenous) using it are alive?.. No trace of toxic or other complication.

It is forbidden, but it is used on some kind of chewing gum (that fine sweet powder)

I know in some country is not forbidden, only 'cause are countries not producing directly the sugar, but importing it. Ask in your country to grow up the Stevia, and you'll see their faces...changing.

Also this problem has to be fixed...

PostPosted: Thu Jan 01, 2009 1:02 am 

NEWS Black-out. Anything that disrupts the Free Trade Agreements with other countries is suddenly taken out of the news.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2018 1:03 pm 

Years passing...

At present time I'm growing up a Stevia Rebaudiana (cost only 2 euros) on my balcony. The thing I see, is that it asks for a lot of water and not exposed to direct sun. Probably because it comes from a commercial cultivation... anyway the taste of leaves is very sweet and remains me the known saccharin, but it persist more time. My mother is used take those leaves let them dry at sun and after make a mixed fruit shake. It is really good for peoples suffering of diabetes.

The original native name is "honey leaf" and now I can understand why