UFOSeek Forum

Community for discussion of UFO, Paranormal and mysterious topics
It is currently Mon Dec 10, 2018 6:38 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2011 7:10 pm 

i drink lots of water and i'm still alive and i'm eighty nine years old

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2011 6:29 am 

yes,Drinking too much water dilutes the blood's normal salt content ,if drinking too much water liquid part of blood(blood plasma) increases and dilutes the salt content of the blood.This condition commonly known as hyponatremia.
Hyponatremia is a water intoxication which is responsible to death by making them swell and damage brain cells.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2012 7:14 am 

Here is the video and article about the lady in Sacramento who died during a water drinking contest:

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/16614865/ns/us_news-life/t/woman-dies-after-water-drinking-contest/#.TwvV-Zg_aps

And here is follow-up article on the people fired over this:

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-207_162-2365259.html

Everything in moderation, folks... even water.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2012 12:07 am 

It stuck me as ironic that we live on a planet that is almost all water but drinking too much of it will kill us.
But seriously, we need water to sustain life and just like anything else and too much of a good thing can turn out to be not so good.
When I was a youngster I used to drink milk by the gallons until I found out that milk can leave calcium depsits. So there went one more thing I had to cut back on.
Thanks for the tip on water. I see people everyday who have a bottle of water in their hand and I myself do not trust bottled water it could come from anywhere. fearless

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2012 8:27 am 

I could NEVER tolerate milk. I was allergic to it, just as my mother and my grandmother had been.

Do all of you know that we, in the USA, are indoctrinated to drink more milk, than people in most other countries? It's because of the MONEY. If we didn't need "milk cows" more of them would be slaughtered. So, to keep more cows producing milk (and having calves), we force milk on the population. I am a good example of people who have never NEEDED milk - yet, my calcium tests always come out fine. When I began staying out of the sun (because the CDC said it causes skin cancer), my Vit. D dropped significantly. But when I was using a tanning bed twice a week for ten minutes each time, my Vit.D levels went back to normal. NOW we're being told to stay out of the sun, take the pills, and don't use tanning beds. I think the CDC is in bed with the FDA and the Big Pharma groups. But this is only MY opinion. I was never sunburned before I was 19, and that happened at the beach - long before chemtrails were in the skies, and interacting with the sunlight. Make your OWN decisions about what's good for you. I'm merely stating what I can tell you from MY personal health facts. I'm going back to tanning beds, next week. I've been depressed since I stopped using them, and I think this will improve my disposition. But MILK is something I cannot tolerate.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2012 11:51 pm 
Editor

Timbit wrote:
Interesting to think that too much water can harm you, but apparently it can. In particular, detox diets which recommend high volumes of water can cause serious damage to the human body.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/magazine/6263029.stm

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/7520756.stm

Tim

After a lenghthy session at the gym I felt thirsty and rather quickly downed a 1 1/2 ltr bottle of spring water, thinking more is better (and it's good for'ya). I felt really ill in the hours after, and since then moderate water intake carefully. So I believe you!

:lol:

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2012 7:35 am 

Thinking too much water can kill you that's true and I have seen people facing problems related to this

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2012 8:16 am 

My personal advice is - DON'T drink water from plastic bottles. They are NOT refrigerated on their trips across countries, and the plastic leaches in the water, causing problems for nearly everyone. The trucks which are NOT refrigerated, can allow their bottles to get up to 130 degrees in America; often they are shipped with NO refrigeration for thousand of miles!I drink water from glass bottles, only. Refused a hospital test wherein they gave me plastic water bottles during the test. It took TWO HOURS for them to authorize Perrier on GLASS bottles - but I refused the mandatory test until they brought me Perrier in GLASS bottles. The hospital staff had NO IDEA of the problems with plastic bottled water. They[i thoght I was NUTS and hard to get along with[/i], but after I sent the lab the info from the Web showing how plastic bottled water was detrimental to human health, they came back and AGREED with me - PLASTIC bottled water is super bad for anyone who is sick, and it's also bad for people who are healthy.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2012 12:38 pm 

The problem is that drinking too much water dilutes the blood's normal salt content, producing a condition known as hyponatremia.

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2013 6:46 am 

Here are best timing to drink water..
take a glass of water after waking up in the morning - it helps activate internal organs.
It is good to take a glass of water 30 minutes before any meal - it helps digestion.
Please take a glass of water before taking a bath - it helps lower blood pressure.
It is good to take a glass of water before going to bed - avoids stroke or heart attack.