UFOSeek Forum

Community for discussion of UFO, Paranormal and mysterious topics
It is currently Mon Aug 26, 2019 8:04 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2007 11:22 pm 

It is difficult for me to believe that it is merely a coincidence that certain species-threatening events - a sample of which are discussed below - are occurring during a period considered by a very large number of people to be the "end of times." We are witnessing a transformation - bio-organisms are becoming obsolete. And our replacements are already here.

Sex-Changing Chemicals Can Wipe Out Fish, Study Shows

"Tiny amounts of the estrogen used in birth control pills can cause wild fish populations to collapse, according to a new study."

http://news.nationalgeographic.com/...1-sex-fish.html

Mysterious Eggs Baffling Scientists

"Oklahoma scientists have hooked a mystery in Lake Eufaula. They're finding fish that look perfectly healthy on the outside, but on the inside, it's a catfish of a different color."

http://www.kotv.com/news/local/story/?id=127955

Monkey Tests Positive For Plague At Denver Zoo

"Tissue samples from a deceased monkey at the Denver Zoo tested positive for bubonic plague, zoo officials announced Monday."

http://cbs4denver.com/topstories/lo..._141180508.html

Bird Flu and Microwaves: Are we Killing Birds with Radiation?

"Apart from birds getting disoriented and dying in the vicinity of cell phone towers, could the radiation be responsible for the persistence of what we call the bird flu?"

http://www.newmediaexplorer.org/sep...> radiation.htm
___

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2007 1:17 am 
Unregistered
The abductees constantly tell of the warning they recieve from those beings who apear in our skies as UFOs....The way is clear now and even the scientists have agreed weve got only ten years to stop the pollution of our atmosphere with CO2 and other warming pollutant gasses...
The eradication of directly ajacent species on our food chain is occurring now......
bees, and other nessessary to human life species are beginning to succomb to our negligent industrial appetites...
The writing is definately on the wall, and we will not be able to maintain this level of civilization at this pace for many more decades...The lower income people and the marginal survivors will pile up into a surge of homless persons that will clog our cities .....As things get more expensive, and scarcity rules the markets, no ordinary persons will be able to maintain there standard of living, slowly slipping into homelessness with the rest of the disenfrachised.....
Food will become more and more disassociated with nature and manufactured foodstuffs will be the only affordable choice for those who havent sold out to big bro....
American culture the wole shebang has reached its zenith and gone over the top and is now in decline....taking the rest of the industrialized world with it inevitably....
We have used the best of earths gifts to kill each other and make war on our nieghbours indescriminately for the length and breadth of our history....
If the human race is going to face facts and stop living behind a mask of nochalance
we have ten years to point of no return climate wise.....
bergle
___

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2007 5:45 am 

Personally, Bergle...? I think we've already passed the "Tipping Point" and no one is brave enough to say so.

If you haven't rented "When Worlds Collide" see if you can find it. We're not so much in danger of hitting another body (altho that's always a possibility) as we are of a FEW of us plotting when to leave and working toward that goal... and the rest of us so niaive and oblivious, we have NO CLUE -- until the rest are gone and we wonder ... "Where did they all GO!?!?"
___

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2007 6:58 pm 

I'm not so sure that we are deliberately destroying the earth, or that it's past the point of no return. There seems to be a big gap here in your average Jane Public, and just how much power and/or control we have over any of it. I realize that most of us are very aware of the results of pollutants, toxins, greenhouse gasses and common factors that are decreasing our ozone, and increasing the devastating results. We aren't talking necessarily about individuals changing energy saving lightbulbs and recycling. We live in a society that educates our young about global warming, it's implications, and how to be active in changes that can make a difference. We produce some of the brightest scientists who are passionate in their work and fight hard for changes on behalf of all of us, and this has been going on for decades. The United States and Australia have refused to ratify the UN Kyoto on global warming. There are NO enforceable targets. How much control do we have over powerful decision makers.

[url "http://www.commondreams.org/headlines06/0111-03.htm"]http://www.commondreams.org/headlines06/0111-03.htm[/url]

While the United States [u]is cutting its own emissions[/u], some nations, especially China, are belching out more and more dirty air. As a result, overseas pollution could partly cancel out improvements in U.S. air quality that have cost billions of dollars. We buy imported cars, clothing, food from countries that produce the most pollution.

Australia is the world's worst polluter per capita due to fossil fuels. The Amazon is now a major source of pollution. Rampant burning and deforestation, mostly at the hands of illegal loggers and of ranchers, release hundreds of millions of tons of carbon dioxide into the skies each year. Brazil now ranks as one of the world's leading producers of greenhouse gases.

Three of the most polluted sites in the world are in Russia, with the remaining seven located in China, Dominican Republic, India, Kyrgyzstan, Peru, Ukraine and Zambia. We all know of Companies that produce goods in places where there are no environmental controls to maximize profit here in north america where we snap up bargains.

So what's the deal here. Are average individuals responsible for [u]ALL[/u] of it? Does buying fair trade, using low-energy light-bulbs, buying energy efficient appliances, having low-emmissions cars and recycling everything but the family dog make us responsible for the MASSIVE emmissions coming from third-world countries? Do we really have any control over it other than being informed, pressuring our own politicians to do better, and 'outing' north american polluters who follow FAR more stringent regulations and when caught, are subject to fines than overseas counterparts?

I'm not saying any single individual can't do more, I'm saying there has to be some balance here with who's responsible for what, and I'm tired of carrying the weight of how 'we' are responsible for own own demise. I don't think my opinion, sent straight to the Kremlin's leader himself would make one shmick of difference. The rainforests' destruction IS beyond my control, Australia using coal IS beyond my control, etc. and so on.

Guilt is such a driving force, and sometimes we are blinded by it. I have a very deep respect for mother earth and all living things. In my world, what I can control toward respecting her, I do. Just like most people do. I'm not going to take on the weight of the world as far as the destruction of our precious planet is concerned.

I do agree with Tweaked in that while we all sink deeper into global destruction despite our best efforts (meaning most reasonably intelligent adults), there are always those who will have access to protection from the fallout of this destruction. I will never be one of those.

Like most people, I do what I can do and be very conscientious about what I buy and how my lifestyle reflects my relationship to the earth. The changes any of us make can only be reflected that way.

The rest is simply beyond my control.

Tim
___

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2007 8:58 pm 
Unregistered
How much death wish does it take to convince you of the facts?
The divorce between the elite rulers of industrial earth, and the impoverished billions who are doomed to perish in the comming world shortages is final...Already the gulf is widening between the rich(survivors)and the poor (lunch meat).......The rest is going to be history.....
The leaders are not stupid, and they as well as we, can do the math....The difference is they have some hope of lasting through the comming crises and we as a rule dont....
That is why there is no real attempts being made or concieved of to halt the comming destruction....
The reduction of the worlds population will be a welcome circumstance for them, as they will have far less of us to control,,,,while still retaining enough labour to assure their indolence and power for some time to come..
It apears to me that Australia, and the US, have entered into an unholy alliance,And there are some very secret bases in that country we all know exist....
What goes on there is subject to a great deal of speculation, but the inevitable result is a thickening of the alliance plot and a strengthening of the secret ties....the relationship is definately a sinister one...
bergle
___

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2007 11:47 pm 

[reply]

While the United States [u]is cutting its own emissions[/u], some nations, especially China, are belching out more and more dirty air.
Tim[/reply]

And have you noticed ...? We're offering our DIRTY fossil Fuels (coal and coal by-products) to China, N. Korea, etc. as INCENTIVES to NOT develope nuclear energy which is (altho FAR from wonderful) at least cleaner insofar as initial air pollutants go?!?

Now I'd say THAT is a prime example of the intelligence and personal concern for the rest of us, but our fearless leaders.
___

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2007 8:45 am 

I did not know that Tweaked.......the plots just thicken and thicken and get deeper and deeper. These alliances like you said Bergle, boggle the mind, and the incentives really are I guess, window dressing No real commitment, agenda's beyond our grasp or understanding, only really that they exist and it is to benefit but a few. God only knows when all this pretence will dissipate and the truth will be an unholy aftermath. I don't think I have a death wish, not sure what that means really except that it really doesn't matter if I do or don't, the writing seems pretty much on the wall anyway. Like I said in my post there are no enforceable rules, the decision makers make the rules and decides how the game is going to be played. The gap even there Bergle, seems so untouchable by any means I can think of. Sinister is putting it mildly. I guess in a roundabout way, the facts as I saw them reflect your interpretation. The facts are there, indisputable proof of what is happening, yet........it remains unchanged, and is getting worse. This isn't new, it's been coming for a long, long time.

Anybody have any opposing ideas to this? Is there anything positive that can reverse what is unfolding?

Tim
___

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2007 9:01 am 

[reply]
Anybody have any opposing ideas to this? Is there anything positive that can reverse what is unfolding?
Tim[/reply]

Anybody remember the movie, THE DEAD ZONE, with Christopher Walken?!? There are times when I wonder where that character is... in REAL life!
___

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2007 9:04 am 
Unregistered
I've heard of that movie and I love Christopher Walken. I'll add that one to my movie list. Loved your poetry by the way Tweaked. I think those words would make lovely lyrics for song.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2007 10:41 am 

Thank you so much for the compliment on the poetry. I'm never certain how it will be received. I posted WHEN NO ONE LAUGHS on another forum a while back; it's got 386 hits, and NO responses.

If you can write music, go ahead and play around with the poems. I used to write melodies for my poetry/lyrics, but I was never a good pianist. I never passed the 4th grade of piano music. (LOL) My real joy was singing, and I did quite a bit of that when I was young and cute; now I'm just older, wiser, and mildly talented in comparison with the people who are celebrities/entertainers/song writers now.
___