UFOSeek Forum

Community for discussion of UFO, Paranormal and mysterious topics
It is currently Fri Oct 18, 2019 2:44 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2008 6:16 pm 

I came across this watching the news on TV this morning, and found the article online. It seems we are moving closer and closer to the eventual outcome of cloned humans. Interesting ethical debates going on. Anybody care to comment?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/health/4563607.stm

Timbit

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2008 6:46 am 

This is actually not so new.......so consider what secret research has already taken place in relation to creating a super race.

It may be just the start for open research but it is not the start for secret programs which have been running for the past 60 years.

I don't know if any of you remember some of the stuff that found its way into newspapers and magazines during the 50s, but it was claimed that the Russians were transplanting body parts back and forth between humans and monkeys.......the whole idea was to show us how dangerous the Russians really were.........scary or what?

But what you didn't read about was that we in the western world were doing the same things, but in secret.

Also the first American heart transplant was from a monkey to a human. Anyone think to ask where they got that bright idea?

So stem cell research is the next phase, but what is open research is not secret research, but they are both moving in the same direction.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2008 1:55 pm 

Yes, I've read some spotty bits of history on this. It seems to come up every now and then. For them to have currently produced what they have surely means there have been many years of research already.

And what about the privately funded labs around the world. Or those that are offshore doing research in countries with no restrictions.

Kind of makes the ethical part of any debate a moot point.

Tim