UFOSeek Forum

Community for discussion of UFO, Paranormal and mysterious topics
It is currently Tue Oct 22, 2019 6:56 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2008 7:59 am 

I found this on the Coast to Coast AM Radio Forum. Thought I'd bring it over here and share it with all of you. Comments, anyone?

------------------

While looking at old pictures I found this gem taken in 1947. My relatives swear he had a portable phone. Could this technology have skipped a generation?

--Lawrence Lampron
l.lampron@sbcglobal.net

Attachments:
uncle_bob092008aa.jpg
uncle_bob092008aa.jpg [ 53.94 KiB | Viewed 3948 times ]

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2008 9:17 am 

I don't know about the portable phone, but those men sure look dapper!!

Tim

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2008 9:25 am 

Don't they, now?? They look like government agents, to me... that's the vibe I pick up from the pictures. We didn't even have transistor radios until I was in high school, or reel-to-reel tape recorders until then, either! This is very spooky, and mysterious!

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2008 11:06 am 

Tweaked wrote:
I found this on the Coast to Coast AM Radio Forum. Thought I'd bring it over here and share it with all of you. Comments, anyone?

------------------

While looking at old pictures I found this gem taken in 1947. My relatives swear he had a portable phone. Could this technology have skipped a generation?

--Lawrence Lampron
l.lampron@sbcglobal.net

No, but it would have been a secret. It would have been a two way/radio rather than a telephone.

I am sure the obvious phone is for real, but some kind of radio devise.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2008 7:08 pm 

I just received an e-mail from the person who found the old photo: he says the uncle worked for G.E. all his life... Hmmmmm. Anyone else thinking what I'm thinking? Back engineering at an earlier guess than we could ever have thought?

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2008 7:45 pm 

Just received this email from the guy who posted the photo. This explanation came from another C2C listener.

-------

I have had so many emails to answer I am not sure if I sent you this...A listener emailed me this ditty this morning:

The basic concept of cellular phones began in 1947. Bell Laboratories introduced the idea of cellular communications in 1947 with the police car technology and Motorola was the first to incorporate the technology into portable device that was designed for use outside of an automobile. During that same year, AT&T proposed that the Federal Communications Commission (FCC) allocate a large number of radio-spectrum frequencies so that widespread mobile telephone service would become feasible and AT&T would have an incentive to research the new technology. However, broadcasting and sending a radio or television message out over the airwaves would come under (FCC) regulation.

Now the photo was taken in 1947.....Coincidence? I find it enough to start looking into the past history of the family and see what can be found....Working for GE which would have been used by the military in that Roswell era for testing and black labs.....Traveling between Utah and LA there is that mystique and unanswered questions. Stay tuned.....Larry

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2008 12:46 am 

Don't want to throw cold water on the picnic, but I don;t believe this phone in the picture was the product of back engineering.

There are too many negatives involved in cellular communications for this to be an ET idea.

In fact ET communications systems are miles beyond the cellular concept and involve what TT Brown referred to as gravitic communications, which operate on the basis of instantaneous communication.

This type of communication was noted by the Russians, so many years ago, and reported in the New York Times. They had communications systems at the south pole synchronized by atomic clocks capable of measuring the response time of a nuclear detonation in northern Russia.

Much to their surprise there was no measurable delay as the response time was zero, in other words it was instantaneous. And in real time terms.......instantaneous makes light speed look like a snail's crawl.

We live in a non-simultaneous state, but the universe functions on the basis of a simultaneous condition, which when you think about it a bit makes a whole lot of sense.

If this were not the case interstellar communications would simply not be possible.

This would suggest that an advanced civilization at any distance from our planet would or could monitor our activities in real time.......as they happen and respond accordingly.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2008 9:19 pm 

At that time I think a portable phone should have been as a bag... where should they hide it?
Portable ( :) )?

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2008 8:25 am 

Well, if there were prototypes, being issued to "employees of GE" for use in the product's viability, maybe the original ones DIDN'T NEED bags... He's NOT (IMHO) listening to a radio... He looks just like someone in our world today, LISTENING to someone saying something.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2008 6:34 am 

I know for a fact that they had very small wireless microphones during the early 50s.

These were used for remote listening by the military, so they transmitted an audio signal to a receiver at another location.

This would have been a spin-off of the cell phone.

Today those transmitters are so tiny you can only find them with very sophisticated equipment.