UFOSeek Forum

Community for discussion of UFO, Paranormal and mysterious topics
It is currently Thu Jul 18, 2019 12:03 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2010 9:05 pm 

http://sports.espn.go.com/outdoors/hunting/news/story?id=4556529

Are they doing this because they always have? Or are they doing this because of human urban sprawl taking away so much of their natural habitats, that in order for their species to survive, they must change? Or... is it something we have been doing in the atmosphere and in the ground water that has caused them to alter their habits?

Lots to ponder...

PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2010 1:20 pm 

The study they reported seems a little odd to me, moreso than the deer eating things other than what they normally do.

Foraging for food in the winter is a tough go. If somebody put food, no matter what it was, in a clear path, naturally they would eat it, if they were hungry enough. If their natural diet were available, they likely wouldn't.

So, what they are doing is maybe interfering with nature in a way, because they know the results as they said, of cross contamination with TB for example, and the results of the dead meat in the soil etc. Yet, they put the bait down, and then claim these animals or imply these animals, are not necessarily strickly vegetarian.

It was the same with bears where I came from. They learned that the local dump provided food. Not their normal fare, but food nonetheless. So they would rummage and eat whatever they found, rotten as hell too. And they have survived quite nicely.