UFOSeek Forum

Community for discussion of UFO, Paranormal and mysterious topics
It is currently Fri Oct 20, 2017 4:02 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2008 12:50 am 

It can be good, but it can be bad too. How many trees will be used?

Big risk!

http://www.newscientist.com/article/dn15110-fungal-diesel-could-revolutionise-fuel-production.html

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2008 5:32 am 

Very interesting dad. If it can be used and developed in a practical way.

It's really amazing how these things pop up, new ideas, new ways of doing things.

Nice to see something positive.

Tim

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2008 10:22 am 

These are the last news and have to be taken with lot of prudence...you see how many other news comes out daily and after 24h they are trashed...

Usually are news used also to fill the space in a page... but not all is trash.

What makes me think now, is about trees used to produce that fuel: every tree touched with that fungus, will become a dead tree, so it's spontaneous ask "how many trees will be used (and "killed")?
The man can't erase all trees only for having fuel, expecially 'cause in these societies there is not the knowledge only of building and inventing for the better life, but also too much rubbish produced only to make money (gadgets etc), things not useful and not needed, so...it could become a big "trees killing for nothing". Taking away trees means the end of all animal kingdom, the same as using oil.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2008 4:15 pm 

Here in Canada, pellet stoves and wood stoves all rely on wood, to heat homes during long winters.

Reforestation is the key. It is a controlled crop, and trees are replaced with new trees. When I lived in B.C., even a developer building homes taking out trees to lay foundations, had to provide a green space to replace what was lost, within the development.

In Ontario here, on one property we bought, huge tree movers came in and planted great big trees to replace what was taken. In the house I'm in now, we had 12 year old trees planted in the front yard where previously there were none.

I think it can be done dad, if its regulated.

But so true that what is front page news one day, is delegated to the trash bin the next. We don't know what's going on behind the scenes, but who knows- in a few years perhaps the scientists in that article will indeed produce fuel from their fungus and the car that runs on it, will be front page news.

Tim

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2008 10:34 pm 

Yeah,
Quote:
if its regulated
... and if not? If someone will waste time to talk... and doing nothing, what will happen? Do you remember how many years have passed from the time someone told about polluting ad the time they really started to do something? And it's not enough.