UFOSeek Forum

Community for discussion of UFO, Paranormal and mysterious topics
It is currently Wed Sep 26, 2018 5:47 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2010 6:40 am 

Don't feel alone, please! I have seen these, too! Not recently, but in years, long past.

Anybody else seen something like this? If so, PLEASE post.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2010 2:50 pm 

Hello Sarah....hello Tweaked.

Sarah, first of all, thank you for posting your experiences. I know from experience that it takes bravery to openly speak about strange and paranormal experiences, which unfortunately aren't taken very seriously at the present time by the majority of people.

But just because some people choose to deny the existence of such events and experiences, it doesn't mean that they aren't real. They are very real, I know from limited experience that such phenomena is certainly real. And there are others on this forum who have some fantastic tales to tell about the paranormal.

You experinces do have some elements of sleep paralysis to them, I must say. I have sleep paralysis on a pretty regular basis, usually at least once or twice a month. I first experienced about two years ago and it has been happening to me ever since then.

Sarah, do you ever hear high-pitched noises or feel fear when you see these faces?

The face you descirbe, could be what some call the old hag. The old hag has been well documented throughtout the ages. On the other hand, it might not be the old hag. People see all differne types of things during sleep paralysis.

My typical experience of paralysis is a sudden jolt and then being aware that I'm frozen and unable to move, usally accompanied by a ringing, buzzing or high-pitched hum, and sometimes the feeling of extreme fear.

I have also seen what I call "shadow people" during paralysis. I always find it hard to open my eyes when I'm in a state of paralysis, but I sometimes manage to get them slightly open. One time when I did such a thing, I saw two whisps of stuctured black smoke descend from my ceiling and land at the foot of my bed. I have also had the sensation of an OBE, and on more the one occasion. I have also seen what I thought were three Greys standing beside my bed.

It is quite common for people who have sleep paralysis to see a woman, usally old and sad looking in appearance, sometimes she floats, sometimes she walks, other times she sits on the persons chest.

The one thing I suggest, Sarah. If it is sleep paralysis, try and embrace it, rather than fight it and think positive and peaceful thoughts.

I think it was actually Tweaked who suggested to me, that I should go with the flow of the experience and go where it leads me. I have since done that and found it most helpful. So, thank you also Tweaked. :)

Best of luck with your experiences, Sarah. And we would always be interested to hear more about your experiences.

Peace, Caper.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2010 5:53 am 

Quote:
I think it was actually Tweaked who suggested to me, that weI should go with the flow of the experience and go where it leads me. I have since done that and found it most helpful. So, thank you also Tweaked.

I agree... Not ALL of these kinds of experierces are E.Ts.... But there are some things that defy categories, and it's up to US and our FRIENDS, to ASK to determine exactly which one each is.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2010 3:04 pm 

Thanks Tweaked for the advice because I also believe that rather than being frightened by it, we should see where it takes us. Although it may seem scary at first, I have come to the conclusion that it probably will not harm us at least on a physical level and by not only embracing the experience, I have taken it further to where I can come out of whatever state we call it, sleeping but yet awake? anyway, I havetried to make it possible for me to return to my dream.
Now this is something that has taken me a very long time to have even a little success at. I have meditated on trying to just let everything go, all pre concieved notions, anything that would effect my judgment even in a subconcious state. This is so hard to do, to achieve even a little bit was very difficult. Actually because I was not used to meditating on a deep committed level, just to achieve some sense of quietness in my head was really hard for me. After awhile and even now I still do it, everytime I say get on a bus for a hour ride, I will meditate and thats even more difficult due to the level of noise around me, but I find myself doing it all the time even though I have not been trying to take the sleep thing to a different level actively for awhile now.
My whole point being is that I have let myself go when I was in sleep paralysis and I myself never experianced seeing a woman, at first when I had sleep par. I would be being chased by someone or something really scary and not be able to run or if I was say being shot at I would try and shoot back but something always happened to my gun, it never worked in my dreams and I would wake up right before something bad was going to happen to me.
So now I am sometimes able to stay in my dream and not wake up even though it feels like I am awake and I sense that I am dreaming, from there I can follow where it takes me. I found out that I never get shot and I am able to escape monsters without them getting me and sometimes I can even shape my dreams to take me where I want to go but only to a certain point or level, I never have absolute control and this is where I wonder if our subconcious minds are awake and we are experiencing what is there. What do you think? bloodbreed, joey

PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2010 8:32 pm 

Tweaked wrote:
Quote:
I think it was actually Tweaked who suggested to me, that weI should go with the flow of the experience and go where it leads me. I have since done that and found it most helpful. So, thank you also Tweaked.

I agree... Not ALL of these kinds of experierces are E.Ts.... But there are some things that defy categories, and it's up to US and our FRIENDS, to ASK to determine exactly which one each is.

That's the thing, Tweaked.

I'm unsure which it is and what it is that's the real deal, when I'm having sleep parlaysis. Is it ET saying a cryptic hello....or is it old hag passing by for a frightener...and what about the OBE's?

I'm left confused at the end of it all....can all three possibly be connected? Somehow?

I'd love to know your thoughts on this one. I have thought long and hard about the connection...but can't seem to find one that joins up all three.

Peace, Caper.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2010 10:06 pm 

Caper, I surely don't have all the answers. But when you find yourself in that kind of state, are you capable of asking in your mind, "Can you please tell me or show me who or what is causing this?" Or can you ask, prior to going to sleep each night, for the Source of the Positive Energy of the Universe to protect you from harm, to protect you from fear, and to give you the communication skills to decipher if all of your paralysis episodes are the same, or, if they are from different causes, and to give you the ability to instantly "know" which kind of experience each one is, while it's happening?

This is the kind of pillow-talk I have with the universe, nearly every night, before I go to sleep. It might help, if you can program yourself to remember to do it.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2010 11:18 pm 

, again I agree Tweaked, to try and gain some sort of understanding and control so you will know what is happening to you at that time. I think we all get a little scared when we are uncertain about what is going on around us or within us but I believe if you can try and gain a little more insight into whats going on when these happen, even if its only a tiny bit then you will be that much closer to whats going on.
Tweaked also had a good idea, to say a prayer of protection to make sure nothing will harm you and just let the experience take you where it leads you as I feel that you will not be harmed.
Our minds are very powerful and we have barely scratched the surface as to their potential and I believe the possibilitys are limitless and on a subconcious level, where do we go? how about when we are sleeping? These things leave me with more questions than answers. bloodbreed, joey

PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2010 3:07 pm 

Here's a thought to ponder in this area:

If we are sleeping, does the subconcious use the entire brain, and takes us to other places, and the dreams we have are like a movie playing of our journey.
As we travel through our dreams we come across familiar sights, and as we begin to wake the subconcious and the concious minds connect for just a brief second or so.
This would acount for some things that we see as we are waking, and coming back from our subconcious journey.

The static electric orb could be of several things, which I am doing some studies and investigations on at this time, and have to do with just energy, alien, spirits.
I have seen several large orbs of energy during my investigations and have determined them to be a collection of energy that has not yet dispursed itself.
I have seen large orbs sitting on the ground, and after several moments of watching, they begin to give off small sparks until they reach a point of being so small they just vanish.
I have also seen some orbs that were flying around the tree branches up in the area I do my investigations, and as soon as I noticed them, they took off at a high rate of speed toward space.
Orbs are very hard to explain, since they can be of just about anything, but if you see them and have the ability to watch them for a moment or two, they usually explain themselves away.

Jeff