UFOSeek Forum

Community for discussion of UFO, Paranormal and mysterious topics
It is currently Tue May 22, 2018 5:18 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Ancient chamber dream
PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2009 8:22 am 

In my bathroom at the very end of the room behind the toilet there was an ancient looking stone door. The door has petroglyphs in the centre, what looks to be 3 humans throwing spears at a giant being. The door led to a secret room, as i go through the door i come onto what i realise is a landing, with a big staircase directly in front of me leading down to what appears to be the ground level.

Looking around on the landing there are framed paintings on the walls all around me. I could only remember one, it was a painting which looked almost real of an ET shaped crystal skull wearing a bowler hat, suit and tie.

Looking to my right there is a stone statue of a lion on my right. (similar to the ones at the forbidden city, China) Going down the staircase i reach the ground level, the first thing i notice is the same statue of the lion i had seen on the landing. I don't feel safe down here for some reason, in fact there's a great sense of fear for some reason, though i can't explaine why or see anything i'm scared of. To my left there are four corridors each one is a different time period, i choose to go down the one on the far left. As i go down the corridor i realise i'm in the past, in a type of 1940's cinema. As i continue along, a girl runs out of a viewing of a film and shouts to me a name i can't remember, but it was a boys name. She thought i was this boy, i decided to play along with it, but she figured out i wasn't from this time period.

Then the dream ended.

There where other bits of the dream, but i can't remember them in enough detail to put them in. But that's pretty much the basic outline of the dream.

One of the strangest dreams i've had during my lifetime.

Any ideas? All interpretations welcome. :)

Peace, Caper.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2009 7:29 am 

Years ago i have similar dreams that behind toilet is door which lead to some mysterious unknown place. Well in fact there is small door and behind is vent shaft with every water-air pipes trough building. But in my dream it look much different and it was like entrance to some other dimension. I think it was result of my curiosity and imagination.

Ok but sometime i have dreams about underground complex which are not connected to anything known in reality. I have another of such dream last night. I enter large shack with junk, or some kind of abandoned warehouse. There was hole in ground and i look trough it. Then dream become very realistic like i was almost there. It was large square corridor, maybe even 5x5 meters diameter. Black dirty with some rubbish on floor. It dont look like mine but old base. I have many dreams like that, and am not sure what was inspiration for them. Sometime am wonder maybe its alien base or something? Because sometime i remember fregments of abduction, but i dont known where they take me, and this could be missing piece of puzzle.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2009 9:12 am 

Thats really interesting that you've had a similar dream. It seems eveything is connected, so things we experience in dreams may be alot more important than we care to think. Who's to say what we're dreaming isn't real and happening in another place.

When i'm drifting off to sleep sometimes i often think i'm doing something in reality...when in fact i'm not, but it feels so real.

I'm certain we're connected to what we dream and they have purpose.. my experience of this is as follows.

I once had a dream i was an undercover detective and was following these guys who where about to do something to hurt someone, They were after me also, and were looking to kill me. They had been given a number to ring, my mobile phone number, so when i answered they were certain they had the right guy. I was watching them from across the street behind some trees. So they dialled a number and as i heard the ringing tone from across the street...i was awakened by my own phone ringing.

The dreams you have Koval,which you cannot relate to in this reality, maybe from a past life or even something that hasn't happened to you in this reality yet.

Peace, Caper.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2009 7:09 am 

Most interesting are these dreams where you think that wake up but its still dream. Or maybe you wake up in alternate reality? Once i wake up in some different house and there lay alcohol flask near bed. Then i wake up again in my room, i dont drink, so it was not my house and not my body.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2009 8:28 pm 

Interesting, Koval.

I've been reading a bit lately about these temporary body swaps. Quite fascinating, though i'd also imagine a bit scary too.

Once when i had an episode of sleep paralysis i thought i awoke..in fact i was sure i did and on top of me i could see this black shadowy figure with long hair..that was all i could define. Until the figure got closer, then i saw this woman had sharp teeth..similar to Pennywise. This woman pushed me into my bedside table and hitting felt so real.

Then i realised something, the TV was on and in the sleep paralyis (things are hazy but i can see) the TV was off...making me wonder with what means we see and experience the beings and feelings when we have sleep paralysis.

I often hear stange buzzing sounds..very high pitched and unpleasant.

I read an article about a lady who experience a real bad night terror on a regular basis..the old hag. The lady used to see the old hag drift into her bedroom and was helpless to stop her..the old hag would get on top of the lady and start to strangle here.

Heres the scary bit...when it was over the women checked her neck and she had marks and handprints round it...YIKES!

Peace, Caper.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2009 7:25 am 

There is something often referred to as "The Old Hag" Syndrome... It's like an old witch lady who tries to smother people, or scare them to death by lying down upon them and taking their breaths away. Is it this?

PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2009 8:52 am 

Yes that's it Tweaked, the old hag syndrome.

I've never experienced the old hag myself..nor do i want to.

I have seen what are called shadow people during sleep paralysis though..usually dark silhouettes of people that come down from the ceiling or stand at the end of my bed.

Peace, Caper.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2009 11:01 am 

Maybe some of this is related to time slips. You could be in the same physical place you've always been, but, in a different dimension, or time, the physical reality was different. As in different period dress, buildings, people, etc.

From my years of study, I've pretty much determined that consciousness is not related to the dead zone called unconscious, where seemingly unconnected images and visions and story lines are not related to anything 'real'.

If we consider our awake state as just one level of consciousness, and that all other states such as dreaming as equal but different states of consciousness instead of 'just a dream state', it is easier to understand how both are equal in reality.

Nobody can convince me that time slips are not exactly that, slipping from one reality, into another. That it appears as a dream is maybe simply because the human brain can be in two places at the same time.

Tim

PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2009 3:11 pm 

That's really interesting to know Tim. I definitely think there could be a connection between time slips and dreams.

I agree everything is as real as each other, even if it doesn't appear that way..although the so called dream state may seem less real than our percevied every day reality..it is not. I believe they're both as real as each other. It's just we are experiencing one more than the other.

It's interesting to think for example that someone from a different dimension or from a different time could have dreams about experiences in our reality and think them nothing more than a dream like many people today do.

Time slips are definitely real, Tim..there's evidence for this and plenty of credible accounts from people who had no interest in paranormal subjects until experiencing such events first hand.

Peace, Caper.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2009 10:57 pm 

I've often wondered if, when we're dreaming of being in another place with people, do we look "solid" to them? Or can we sometimes appear to them as apparitions, or shadows? I have never found a researcher who had any really good thoughts about this.