UFOSeek Forum

Community for discussion of UFO, Paranormal and mysterious topics
It is currently Mon Feb 26, 2018 12:30 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: OUR DREAMS
PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2010 8:42 pm 

I tried my hand at panning, a few years back when Howie and I spent 3 days at Falling Water Lodge up near Kernville. People pan for gold in the tributaries near the Kern River, most of the year. I found a couple on teeny little nuggets - don't know if it's Fool's Gold or REAL gold. I never had them assessed; I'd rather just believe I 'got a little lucky' and not get disappointed. It was fun.

Most of the people I see in my dreams are ones who are still alive, but we're in unfamiliar places - at least unfamiliar is THIS reality.

PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2010 7:59 pm 

Dreams are an exciting experience for me, they always have been. In my dreams it is almost like I live a whole other life, seperate from this one however there are people in my dreams from my life so they all cannot be entirely seperate. I am so fascinated by dreams that I have tried many methods to train myself through meditation to fall back into the same dream I was having before I woke up.
Not only that, but to also fall asleep with a particular subject to dream about. Both of these things I have had some success in, its a strange feeling to be almost awake but still sleeping and be dreaming and know your dreaming but you cannot wake up or move.
Do we travel to other places when we dream?I believe the physiology behind dreaming has some connection to the serotonin levels in our brains because when I was taking an anti deppressent, just this certain one, I would dream a lot and remember evry detail of my dreams ans also I never experianced a nightmare while on this medication and this anti dep. had a lot to do with your serotonin levels, my theory anyway.
bloodbreed,joey

PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2010 8:24 pm 

Psychologists have said for years that we all dream, wether or not we remember any of them; otherwise, we'd all just "go mad..."

Are any of you fans of the television series, "FRINGE"? This series is about simultaneous universes wherein the same people are born, as are born in our universe... but if someone dies here, that person doesn't necessarily die, over there. There are ways to open doorways between the two universes, but usually with consequences for one or both.

So, if there is at least one universe identical (or almost identical) to ours, as the premise of this TV series seems to intimate, then why can't there be several... or hundreds... and we visit some or most of them at one time or another during our dreams?

PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2010 8:44 am 

I'm finding that if I take a 2-hour nap between 2 and 5 p.m., I have very vivid dreams. Anyone else doing this?

PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2010 11:39 am 

I don't sleep all that much in the day, but when I have had the odd afternoon nap, the dreams did tend to be in colour.

Peace, Caper.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2010 3:10 pm 

Hey, I'm back, just getting over a seperated shoulder injury, with torn ligaments.
Anyway, I believe that while we are dreaming, we are actually traveling through different dimensions, experienceing things that our other selves are doing at the moment we are dreaming.
I beleive there are millions of other identical (almost) dimensions all around us, where we have identical selves, mostly, and when each of us falls to sleep, we dream of the others life.
So if an identical me, falls asleep in his dimension, he may possibly dream of what I am now doing at this moment.
I have had dreams, where I would be doing something that I thought about that day or a few days before, but put this dream with a type of communications between the sub-concious of all my other selves.
We are all connected in a certain way, and because of this, I have been doing some extensive research in the area of other dimensions, be them INTRA or INTER Dimensional.
Also I have found that being right on the edge of these dimensions, can be quite intriguing and quite frightning at the same time, since I beleive I have been to the edge of the dimensions on several occasions.
Jeff

PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2010 6:17 pm 

Sounds plausible to me, Jeff.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 11, 2010 10:16 am 

I think that when we are dreaming, a part of us is travelling.

Other dimensions, or different conditions of the universe would seem the most likely. Whether we are actually there or just viewing it, remains to be seen. But certainly when we are dreaming, a part of us is somewhere else, doing something else.

I have had dreams, and in these dreams are quite commonly, people I know and interact with in my daily life and on a fairly regular basis.

The people in the dreams, act just how they act in reality. But sometimes they have slight differences. Maybe a different hair colour or a different sense of dress. The slight differences in my opinion, suggest that during dreams we may indeed be viewing or taking part in alternative realities, in one way or another.

Another key aspect in understanding dreams, I believe, is the fact that when we wake up the dream slowly fades away. We experience the dream in full, when we are dreaming it and experiencing it. But as soon as I have woke up, I have trouble remebering it in full. And after about an hour or two, the dream has completely faded away. Only a few key or memorable moments of the dream tend to stand out, and can be remembered.

I have spoke with a number of other people who have said that the same thing happens to them, and they have trouble rembering the entirety of the dream.

Surely this is telling us something. If we can figure out why dreams, or at least parts of them don't want to be remembered, we may inch closer to figuring out the nature of dreams.

Peace, Caper.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 11, 2010 6:03 pm 

Perhaps we can think of dreams like a "trek through a nearby town." We've been there before, but not recently. We've seen people we know well, and people we recognize, but since we don't live there, day-after-day, new stores open up, buildings change, parking lots go away and underground parking becomes something we use, but not something familiar in that particular spot. Old haunts are no longer a thing of the present, and the movie theater is now an inside mall.

Now, when we meet a friend there for lunch, go to a specific store to shop. or browse the windows of new places and then leave to return "home," within a couple of hours after you're "home," how much detail about the "trek through that nearby town" can you specifically remember? The longer we're back home, the less detail comes to mind... and by the next day, you may remember one or two specific places, but everything else is pretty much gone - as if it was write-only-memory.

Many of my own dreams are like this.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2010 1:04 pm 

That's a very good way of putting it, Tweaked.

Some of my dreams are also very similar to what you describe. Though, my dreams also tend to skip alot. They shift from one event to another. I very rarely have a dream that stays constant throughout.

Peace, Caper.