UFOSeek Forum

Community for discussion of UFO, Paranormal and mysterious topics
It is currently Tue Nov 20, 2018 12:35 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: visit from the past
PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2010 2:40 am 

A few nites ago I was sleeping in my living room with the a.c. on because of the heat. The most amazing thing happened to me and I want to share it with you all.
First let me say I grew up in a small middle class town 30 miles north of Boston, it really was like out of a norman rockwell painting. Anyway there were about 6 of us guys and girls from the same neighborhood who did everything together from pre school till graduation, then we kind of went our ways but still over the years kept in touch.
My moms best friend had a girl and a boy that were part of our little gang and I hadn't really heard much from the girl, laurie was her name until last year when I found out she passed awat from cancer, it was sad but I do not go to funerals, I want my last memory of someone to be when they were alive.
3 nites ago I woke up crying my eyes out, i was dreaming ,lauries best friend pam was talking to me telling me it was o.k. to shed tears for laurie as I had still not dealt or accepted her death but anyway I woke up crying my eyes out and felt sad for a long time.
2 days later I call my mom and tell her of the dream and the phone goes quiet for a second then my mom tells me the night I had that dream was the one year anniversery of her death.
I was floored, speechless, did not know what to say, what could I say? I have not slept right since, I am not scared I do not know how I feel exceptmaybe a bit sad, no a lot sad and wonder if it was really her talking to me. I swear I had no clue it was anywhere near her anniversery of her passing, I didn't even know if it was one or two years and thats the truth,coincidence? I think not. A shaken up bloodbreed

Post subject: Re: visit from the past
PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2010 6:32 am 

Bloodbreed, my sincere empathies... Did you not know she had died? Or, did you not just not realize it was the 1 year anniversary of her death? Please KNOW that she's NOT dead... just her physical BODY is gone... she is still around - all you have to is call out her name; she'll come to you, if you BELIEVE she can. But you have to BELIEVE, or she can't come.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2010 8:49 am 

I could not agree more Tweaked.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2010 3:55 pm 

I knew she had passed away but I had not really talked with anyone about her passing except my mom and that was just to say how long we had known each other and how sad it was especially since she left five kids behind and her husband was a lifelong friend of mine who got so caught up in cocaine that he moved to florida and overdosed and died like 5 years ago.
All six or seven of us that grew up together, we did everything together but even though it was like 3 girls and 4 guys, we were inseperable especially in our high school years but we had this pact that we would never date each other because we knew it would put a strain on all our friendships so we never did.
So yes I knew she had passed but had no idea it was a tear anniversary and when I heard that it just blew me away. I believe in spirits and the afterlife, never have doubted it at all so I wasn't all that surprised but its just that it was a paranormal event, no doubt and it just validates so many things for me, do ya know what I mean? Plus seeing her and crying did help me to grieve where I probably hadn't.
I wasn't scared or anything like that, I was actually happy to see her and my friend who is still alive, I should make an attempt to see her and talk with her, but I do not think I will tell her about my dream, thats personal to me and I haven't seen her in a long time so I do not know how she would react, they were really close.
Thanks for your input, I know now that she is still with me and thats so comforting especially since I have a terminal illness.
Ya know, it seems like since I have been diagnosed with being terminal that things like knowing the phone is going to ring before it does have been happening to me, i think some type of door is opening up for me, like I know what someone is going to say before they say it, not a lot but enough to realise its happening. thank you bloodbreed

PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2010 7:31 pm 

We begin to die the moment we take our first breath, but when we're told by another that we have a terminal illness, we either just give up ... or we embrace each day we still awaken, and become much more sensitive to the things around us - seen and unseen - which have always been there.

Now that you know there is another dimension or reality, and know that when you shed your physical body there is much more to see and feel and learn, perhaps you can better appreciate knowing Death is never The End.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2010 4:21 am 

bloodbreed,

I am sorry to hear you have been given notice of your departure, but glad to hear you have confidence in the continuation of your being.

Yes, there is much more to this than one short visit to planet earth and be assured that your friend will be waiting for you on the other side.

Nothing ends, it continues like the chapters in a book where we all write our own book of life.

I wish you all the best, David

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2010 3:34 pm 

Bloodbreed,

I'm sorry to hear the news of your illness and the news about your friend and her anniversary.

Death is a frightenting prospect to some and I can understand why. But if we question how we came into being, how it all came into being, we see that there must be more to life than what we have been told.

I agree exactly with what Tweaked and David are saying.....this certainly isn't the beginning, nor the end. It's just one small chapter of a very large journey. In order to continue the journey we must pass on. Much more awaits us on the other side.

Best of luck, Joey....you will be in my thoughts and prayers.

Peace, Liam.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2010 10:08 pm 

First of all, Thank all of you for your help and support, it means a lot to me. I think the hardest part is you think you have all the time in the world to do the things you want to do and need to do, then you find out you don't. Then it comes down to making some serious decisions real fast. I could have just said hell with everything and just partied everyday but I choose to go the opposite way and live life. I am close with my family, maybe not as close as I want to be but they are raising my oldest grandson, they have legal custody, he's 14 and a good kid. My daughter has had a rough 4 years, her whole world fell out from under her and she is just so mixed up and depressed due to thigs that she had no control over but life threw her a curve and she's just now sarting to get it together and she is also living with my parents, so my parents have really never had time alone, so I respect that and try to not bother them but I am still close to them and my daughter I am very close to, but my life is really with my girlfriend, she is sick too, ovarian cancer in remission plus a buch of other stuff and even though she has a big family, they never really call much and I know it makes her sad so I try and be all the family she needs. So you see, sometimes things are not easy but we get by and we laugh, have good times just hanging out so life is not all that bad. Bills keep us broke but thats ok, its life.
I do believe life is nothing more than a part of a journey, I am not really a believer in orginised religion but I am spiritual and I believe spirituality plays a big part in the context of our lives and the paths we choose, I do not buy into catholics telling me my god is a vengful god and if we do not follow the bible we will burn in hell forever. O.K. I am getting off track, I just wanted to say thank you andI will continue on my journey no matter where it leads me,bloodbreed