All times are UTC [ DST ]

Could it be?
Yes 67%  67%  [ 4 ]
No 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
You're crazy 33%  33%  [ 2 ]
Total votes : 6
 Post subject: Mirrors
PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2011 8:54 pm 

Can mirrors also be an odd realm or other dimension? I mean, your reflection blocks you, so...

Post subject: Re: Mirrors
PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2011 11:13 pm 

Mirrors can become portals. Scrying, used by many people from Medieval Times (and probably even before that) to the present, has been used to allow seers to catch a glimpse of "things to come." I even have a scrying mirror, myself. I'm supposed to "charge" it by leaving it out under a full Moon... but between the fog, the chemtrails, and dreariness, we haven't been able to SEE a full Moon at my house for several months. So, my mirror sets idle, waiting for the opportunity to get charged.

Dr. Raymond Moody also has a room with a mirror, and many people have used the room and the mirror to get in touch with loved ones who have passed away. It's part of the life-after-life grief counseling he does.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2011 12:02 pm 

In the mythology of Native americans and a lot of African tribes, anything with a reflection is considered to be another dimension of existence. Water especially, looking into a still stream to see you looking back at yourself was said to actually be you looking at another person, another version of yourself.

I tell you something that is interesting, and a wee bit scary. Go to a mirror in your house and stare at yourself in the mirror, keeping your eyes in a fixed position (if you move your eyes you'll break the effect), and just continue to stare at yourself with your eyes locked in on a particular position, and the reflection of your face will appear to change. If you can hold the stare for long enough, your reflection begins to look totally different, sometimes frighteningly so.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2011 7:58 am 

Caper, if I were to spend much time looking at myself in a mirror these days :mrgreen: , I'd cry!

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2011 4:22 pm 

Ah, don't be too hard on yourself, Tweaked.

Seriously though, this is a real thing. I've done it myself, with the best effect being viewed around dusk.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2012 11:27 am 

I've never had the experience you have described and there was a time I was afraid to look in a mirror but I never knew what I was aftaid of.
Then as I got older I didn't like looking at the person looking back at me but now it's all so different.
I'm now legally blind and as such I can only see very blurrily for about an inch or two away from my face.
When I look in a mirror though I can once again see everything really clearly around me. It fascinates me.
When I want to remember what a member of my family looks like I get them to stand behind me while I look in a mirror.
Mirrors have become a little miracle to me now.
Ann

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2012 11:56 am 
Editor

mushman wrote:
Can mirrors also be an odd realm or other dimension? I mean, your reflection blocks you, so...

I do think mirrors relate to spirituality, and to our mental well-being. I say this because when I decorated our home decades ago, I used a Feng Shui manual to carefully place mirrors to promote health and harmony (using same principles on furniture and sleep and work-space). Mirrors (sizeable ones) are located where they create the impression of a visually larger space, and to confront you each time you step through a door.

It has become one of the most spiritually balanced places I've ever lived in.

orangekea

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2012 7:28 pm 

The more light we can bring into our homes, the more positive we can be. When people shut themselves up inside, with blinds/curtains drawn, lights left off, and the only exposure they get is from the television or computer screens, the more likely they are to be depressed, become paranoid from something as benign as a knock on the door... and hence, the more fearful of reality they become.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2018 7:10 am 

I think this is among the most significant info for me. And i am glad reading your article.But I wanna remark on some general things, The site style
is wonderful. http://www.siadesai.com/