UFOSeek Forum

Community for discussion of UFO, Paranormal and mysterious topics
It is currently Thu Feb 22, 2018 1:28 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Dream Clicks
PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2012 10:45 am 
Editor

Jesus was a Trickster, in the sense that he initially seemed to teach insight into the Hebrew deity YAHWEH to his predominantly Jewish listeners, but later his God idea overtook YAHWEH by valuing pure kindness over rigid laws, and talking to him as if your Dad who loves you no matter what.

SAUCER PILOT SKILLS

I dreamt of walking through my town in daylight, and I saw this saucer overhead, more like a shiny bubble of liquid metal with space for passengers inside actually, and was shown how it is flown. [Now my perspective changed, and I looked at my town and many of its flat rooftops from above.] All I had to do is to think of this silvery metal drop, and imagine it landed on a rooftop below (and it did), then invite a human being in. The bubble opened to allow a human passenger, a young woman, entrance and took off.

A horizontal golden ring or band, with something like door openings in it, which fit around the silvery airborne saucer snuggly.

Then I glimpsed a menu, from which to modify or augment flight, and I selected a horizontal golden ring or band, with something like door openings in it, which fit around the silvery airborne saucer snuggly, the moment I clicked on this gold band. This band has nothing to do with flight or transport, instead it makes everything inside it inviolate from the outside world.

I imagined the silvery drop of metal to land on a rooftop below, and it did, then invited a human being inside.

ALIEN DEVILS?

I then was tempted to find out what it was like to have this band, which could shrink or expand to fit a person or huge spaceship, protect me. I selected a smaller person-size version of the golden ring around me, and understood if you walk the earth thus surrounded you have immense power. [In the dream daylight changed to darkness of night.] Inside the ring I was not alone. Without warning I felt a very longnailed bony finger seemingly etch a line diagonally up my back. Scared me plenty, thought I had a devil scratching my back, so I prayed to Jesus to remove this nasty surprise from my dream. The hand, and whoever owned it disappeared. I wonder if ET technology isn't mere cool gizmo, but could be inhabited, haunted even by Others.

The dream seemed to show me that the apparent technology of alien craft is directed and controlled by 'other' minds, much like we create programs and then go play in our Game Worlds. No hands though. (Mmmm, well, maybe one.)

To explain myself (as far as dream behaviors like my prayer may be explained!), I'm into Christian Mysticism, truly believing Jesus walked the walk and talked the talk, but more skeptical about the church's effort to capture him and God in theology. To me Jesus was a Trickster, in the sense that he initially seemed to teach insight into the Hebrew deity YAHWEH to his predominantly Jewish listeners, but later his God idea overtook YAHWEH by valuing pure kindness over rigid laws, and talking to him as if your Dad who loves you no matter what. Nice and very smart (alien?) guy though!

orangekea

I have my doubts about the efforts by the Church to capture Jesus and God in theology.

Post subject: Re: Dream Clicks
PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2012 1:10 am 

Location: City of Redcliffe, just North of Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
OK, not sure what you want us to reply to, the UFO's Theme in the Dream, or whether we have opinion on Jesus as a Trickster...

I will endeavour to reply to both, the dream is interesting, but sounds a lot like something a fan of Science Fiction, particularly one who writes Fan-Fiction would have.

the Dream~Dictionaries out there would list this as an escapism dream, that you are not happy with things in your life that you are losing the sense of control over, and that you are now venturing into "alien" territory and don't really know what direction to take. this version of the Dream- Translation sounds remarkably like the authors are adapting the Flight Dream description and trying to make it fit with the World after the 1950's Sci-Fi phenomenon.

as for Jesus, I tend to agree that he in reality was not the man depicted in many versions of the Bible now in use. I believe that even in the case of Jesus, the Son of God, the old adage of "The Myth is often greater than the man" still applies.
Mythology is full of God/Man children, Hercules is the best example, I see no reason why in the last 1000 years the church (all who print there own bible) would not have re-authored the translations to make they sound more appealing to the converted former pagan masses. just as the Romans did to the Celt's of Britain by replacing the Celtic Deities with the Roman ones.
I cannot see why the following culture to spring from Rome would not adopt similar practices since it work so well before hand

Post subject: Re: Dream Clicks
PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2012 1:53 am 
Editor

bardsidhe wrote:
OK, not sure what you want us to reply to, the UFO's Theme in the Dream, or whether we have opinion on Jesus as a Trickster...

I will endeavour to reply to both, the dream is interesting, but sounds a lot like something a fan of Science Fiction, particularly one who writes Fan-Fiction would have.

the Dream~Dictionaries out there would list this as an escapism dream, that you are not happy with things in your life that you are losing the sense of control over, and that you are now venturing into "alien" territory and don't really know what direction to take. this version of the Dream- Translation sounds remarkably like the authors are adapting the Flight Dream description and trying to make it fit with the World after the 1950's Sci-Fi phenomenon.

as for Jesus, I tend to agree that he in reality was not the man depicted in many versions of the Bible now in use. I believe that even in the case of Jesus, the Son of God, the old adage of "The Myth is often greater than the man" still applies.
Mythology is full of God/Man children, Hercules is the best example, I see no reason why in the last 1000 years the church (all who print there own bible) would not have re-authored the translations to make they sound more appealing to the converted former pagan masses. just as the Romans did to the Celt's of Britain by replacing the Celtic Deities with the Roman ones.
I cannot see why the following culture to spring from Rome would not adopt similar practices since it work so well before hand

Well, bardsidhe, it is a dream posted in the Dreams forum, I suppose you can answer to it however you want. Thanks for the input, with the dream interpretation. The stuff about Jesus was not meant to start a debate, but part of the dream I describe, as well as personal context so readers will know where I'm coming from.

I agree the Universal Church (RC) has been busy for thousands of years substituting saints for pagan deities, inserting themselves into pagan festivals, plus building their basilica (later: cathedrals) right over ancient sites of worship and sacrifice. Not sure if that is interesting or downright weird...

orangekea