UFOSeek Forum

Community for discussion of UFO, Paranormal and mysterious topics
It is currently Thu Jun 20, 2019 12:07 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2007 6:38 am 

This was a good glimpse into the inner workings of the military. How evidence can be moved around from one place to another for years; how to keep a secret a secret, how to develop ET technology without actually telling the truth of it's origin, all that good stuff. Complete with little tidbits and 'insider' stuff. Yadda yadda yadda.........something is NOT right here.

I felt like I was being 'fed' information. Am I being paranoid? Maybe. But, it was just a bit too trite, compacted, neat and organized. Something quite unnatural about a high-ranking Government official who was responsible for sneaking bits and snippits of the Roswell crash debris into mainstream development, nearly single handedly, and for the benefit of not only all of mankind, but to beat ET's at their own game. Hmmmmm.

Enjoyed the part about building a base on the moon. Interesting information on the formation of 'tunnels' etc. to further promote deployment of weapons from its surface..........all this secrecy so generously heaped on us, the unsuspecting duped public.

Found another summary that is interesting to note, on the book itself.

[url "http://www.v-j-enterprises.com/sfcorso.html"]http://www.v-j-enterprises.com/sfcorso.html[/url]

If anybody else has read this book, I'd be interested to hear other opinions.

Thanks,

Tim
___

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2007 7:45 am 

I met Corso, several years before he died. I do believe he did this, and the Navy as well as the Air Force took some of the debris and offered it to other private industries, which subsequently developed lots of the things we now use every day without even wondering from where the original idea came. Velcro, microchips, night vision goggles, polaroid lens sunglasses ... so much we can thank alien technology for giving us the foundation blocks.

Corso spent the last 10 years of his life attempting to get the government to release the information, because be truly believed the people of the world would readily adapt to knowing about aliens.
___

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2007 4:06 pm 

What was retreived from the Roswell crash was recovered and hidden for decades, and only through deception and maniuplation of the truth, were the mysterious items allowed to reach private industry in the first place to develop what you noted, the night vision, kevlar, etc. It was purely for military advantage, involving billions of dollars, particularly during the R&D years. There was no interest in developing anything found at Roswell for anything other than that. The only way to have the products finally in the possession of the military (just even the lazer) was to allow independant businesses to develop it, thinking that the item being developed was 'foreign technology' and something picked up in another country. There could be no credit taken (until the release of the book) for the original wherabouts of the debris and how the items were developed without revealing a huge mess of coverups, misappropriated funds, shadow governments (not just the U.S. but Canada and others as well) and the billions of dollars private industry made in developing the technology and selling it back to the Government at unbelievable profit.

It's not so much that what Col. Corso says isn't true. I do believe he had a direct hand in the advantage that came with the development of the Roswell items, and if I were him, in my retirement years, knowing that they could do nothing to silence me now, I'd probably want the world to know just what happened in Roswell too. I also believe that he was truthful to his high-ranking position, and was 110% loyal to those he served, and I do admire that part. I also believe that plans were in place to begin phasing in the development of a moon base to accomodate the benefit of yet more alien technology in establishing military control.

But, what of the witnesses who were discredited, humiliated, killed. What about the known abductions that were merely a footnote in the book. What about the many opportunities post cold war where there was room to disclose the truth about Roswell. What about the corruption and lies etc. In a perspective of 50 years ago, the events were understandable. However, the developments, if Corso is telling the truth in his book, came long after the cold war.

That Roswell happened is a given. That there was debris, EBE's, and a coverup the likes of which are astronomical, is absolutely mind boggling in its scope. But they happened, and he is very believable in that regard. One would have to be an idiot not to see or understand the facts as we know them now.

But, it just feels wrong to me. That he can now clear his conscience and come across as some sort of hero for validating what most of us already know, and those that met their demise along the way also knew, seems like a very self-serving excercise that benefits only himself. Yes, he's admitted to what he knew and what happened, but in my eyes, that does not excuse 50 years of coverups. That he says them now, is only because he cannot be prosecuted because the Government would have to admit the truth as well, and then they too would be held accountable. That won't happen, at least not in my lifetime.

I don't know Tweaked. Should we be grateful for the development of what came of Roswell? Would we have been better off knowing the truth 50 years ago, 20 years ago, 10 years ago? Should we be grateful that with the kevlar vests we lost 50,000 less soldiers, but still lost thousands more in war, regardless? Am I being too critical? Are these so-called deathbed confessions anything more than validation? Is the information now more important than it was then?

What are the implications and reasons for all this disclosure considering that we'd be no further ahead or behind, had the confessions not happened in the first place.

Tim
___

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2007 8:53 pm 

The fact that Corso came forward and tried to do what he wanted to do so many years ago is to his credit, post-mortem. He, like so many others, were torn between serving his country, keeping his nondisclosure documents intact, and being gnawed to death for 40 years that we ALL have the right to know the truth.

In the beginning, he bought into the Brookings Report, as did so many other scholarly and loyal people. He truly believed that knowing the Truth might tear apart our world, and although he had some doubts about that, I'm sure the threat of prison also played a heavy part in remaining silent for so long.

If we refuse to say "Thank-you," even though information is extremely tardy and still somewhat sketchy, then the ones who have not yet divulged their secrets are likely to think, "What's the point? They will vilify me if they learn I know -- so why say anything?"

Open dialog with those who are left can't harm anyone, even though NO DIALOG with them frightened, harmed, and destroyed many witnesses to Roswell, AND many other UFO crashes and operations throughout the years.

That Haut and Corso and others have finally felt the need to give us some of what they knew to be true, prior to their deaths, is indeed a doubled-edged blessing: We curse them for keeping silent, but praise them for finally having the nerve to say what their guts have always said was true. We all talk a good game, but had many of us been in the exact same situation, I am sure our consciences and our livelihoods would have suffered major collisions, as well.
___

Post subject: Hostgator Hosting
PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2019 10:31 am 

Good post to add a view there. Get here https://www.couponpitara.com/offers/hostgator/ service more affordable discounted deal.