UFOSeek Forum

Community for discussion of UFO, Paranormal and mysterious topics
It is currently Mon Jun 18, 2018 9:57 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2011 2:38 am 

If you've got a twist to your comical mind, and you're looking for "just that RIGHT Calendar" to capture all the trivia and dithering surrounding 2012, the end of the world, for $13.99 you can buy one of these calendars for yourself, and some to give out as Christmas gifts to all your friends.

http://endoftheworldcalendar.net/Purchase-Information.html

Awwwwh... poor NESSIE!

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2011 1:26 pm 

Who is nessie? The lockness sea monster?

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2011 4:34 pm 

Yes... The Lockness "monster." (who may not be a monster at all.)

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2011 11:45 pm 

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2011 10:21 am 

Kill46 wrote:
Who is nessie? The lockness sea monster?

Yep, Nessie is the Lochness monster. Tweaked is right, not much of a monster though, more of an unknown creature that has survived through the years. And at one point, there was more than one of these creatures in the Loch.

Two were picked up on sonar, one being slightly smaller than the other one.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2011 4:34 pm 

Really, you think this is a big deal. People make themed calenders months before the year itself, and the end of the world is a perfect theme. Big whoop.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2011 6:57 pm 

I've been getting free 2012 calendars sent to me by the Disabled Veterans of America, the Paralyzed Veterans of America, various other charity-based companies/corporations/funds, and lots of insurance companies. This has been going on for the past 4 months. So... there's nothing askew about getting another 2012 calendar, early.

When you get to be somewhat older, kill46, you'll see the humor in this one... I don't even remember what I thought, most of the time, when I was your age - let alone understood jokes about all the trivia, rumors, and tales of the 1950s that the older people were telling. I'm sure my great-aunts and uncles, my grandparents, and lots of others were making jokes and drawing political cartoons about some pretty "touchy" subjects (after the Nazis and the Japanese were defeated, and WWII came to an end) back when I was a kid. I/we were merely sheltered from all that. You, kill46, on the other hand, have the words of any given day, at your fingertips by way of the computer. In some ways, you and those who are under 20 years old are SO MUCH better informed at your ages than most of us were. But since you haven't lived into adulthood and beyond, yet, you won't know that for about 20 more years.

The one BIG story I remember from my early teens was when the Cuban Missile Crisis occurred. My great-grandmother had the radio on 24 hours a day for many days. All the adults were scared to death that President Kennedy and the Soviet Union were going to wipe America and most of western and eastern Europe "off the maps" with a nuclear war. And people in my part of the U.S. blamed Kennedy because he was a Catholic. They thought (and some STILL believe) that the Pope and the Catholic Church is the 666 depicted in evangelical Biblical religious teachings, and will cause the End of the World as we know it. I don't remember if I was just too young to believe it could happen, or if I just had enough faith in MY President (JFK) not to worry about it. Much later on, when the papers came out about that entire period of History, I was an adult and realized just how close we actually came to a nuclear war. Youth and innocence walk hand-in-hand. I hope you young people don't lose have to lose that innocence before you're much, much older.