UFOSeek Forum

Community for discussion of UFO, Paranormal and mysterious topics
It is currently Thu Jul 18, 2019 4:13 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2005 6:08 pm 

Are any of you planning to attend the IUFOC in Laughlin, NV?

It's a week-long congress held every year (this is the 15th year) in Laughlin, NV, and will be held in the Laughlin Flamingo Hotel, Feb. 26 thru Mar. 4, 2006. Full attendance pkg. (made before 1/21/06) is only $569/person (single occupancy) or $429/person if you share a double occupancy. I've gone for the past 6 years, and have learned SO MUCH from hearing the speakers talk and present their photos and videos of UFOs and other paranormal topics.

If anyone is interested, you can go to: ufocongress.com and/or www.ufocongress.com... OR, you can e-mail me for the preliminary info. I have a bulletin passed that was out at the Nat'l UFO Conference in September, which gives the basic info and prices.

I don't know who the speakers will be, yet, but rest assured--the topics will be interesting. So think about it. Oh... and you don't have to gamble to have a great time! I'd love to meet some of you who share your thoughts in this on-line forum.
___

PostPosted: Mon Dec 25, 2006 5:56 pm 
Unregistered
I'm going this year and I went to last year's conference in Laughlin. This year's speaker line up looks good and the whole experience at last year's conference was very stimulating. I can't wait for the end of February and hope to meet some new people with the passion for ufology.
___

PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2006 8:05 am 

Be advised that the Flamingo Hotel is NOW the Aquarius, and it's BLUE instead of pink! Also, Teri Brown (wife of MC Bob Brown and major coordinator of the conference) is extremely ill. Bob and the daughters and volunteers are working feverishly to get everything done. Teri is a good soul; I wish her the best and hope she's well enough by then to attend.
___

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 5:04 am 
Unregistered
Is there a chance either of you could bring yer laptop and give us house bound Buffs a daily or even interim report?It would be right nieghbourly of yall and we could use hearing from trusted compatriots and fellows who wont snow us.
Theres a great deal you could share if youve a mind to and a laptop to drag along through the xray machine and all.
It sure would be appreciated from all who are so far from nthere that travel is prohibitable and the rest of us bozos who for whatever reason cant go.
Think about it anyway, maybe slip off to an internet cafe for an hour and send us a run ndown between the high points....????
At least try to svae up the juciest stuff and blab it all when you get back!
peace bv
___

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 5:20 am 

Had things worked out the way I thought they might, I'd have had a laptop for my birthday, last week. But when my partner learned it would be a Compaq XP, and that he'd have to lay out all the money for new software, he put the skids on it; he won't purchase anything that isn't an Apple product, so, unfortunately, I will not have a laptop to use. Too bad - Laughlin's a wireless zone, too! It would have been nice to update all of you daily.

The Hotel has a computer room, but they charge a dollar a minute and limit each user to 15-minute blocks of time. Last time I was 17th on the list for a 15-minute block to check my e-mail, and everytime they called me, I wasn't in my room, so I kept losing my spot in the line-up. (I was always at the conference meetings during the day.) It was less aggravating to just call home and get my partner to look through the e-mail for me.
___

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 7:41 am 
Unregistered
no worries barb,put your memory on record,and tell us all about any new stuff when you get home........peace,b
___

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 7:43 am 
Unregistered

dont sppose you could see about beginning a world UfO data bank?
___

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 8:20 am 

http://mufonmembers.proboards55.com/

The above is the next best thing. MUFON Int'l is in the process of doing just that. The new Director, James Carion, hit the ground running when he took over late last year, and hasn't stopped since. The site is young - about 4 months old - but it shows promise. And the things you glean from there can always be brought and shared here. That's what's so amazing about the world-wide-web: nothing has to stay in one spot. It can be moved around and shared so that hundreds more daily have access to it. You don't have to be a MUFON member to go to the site and read the non-member data. I'm there every day, but you probably won't recognize me. I see many of those people at MUFON meetings, and I tend to be more subdued, there, when I post.

My personal funds are extremely limited. There's nothing I'd rather do than something profound as you suggest, but since I've been disabled for 15 years - to the point where I'm not hireable - I must just be a spoke in the wheel instead of buying and building my own cog.
___

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 1:54 pm 
Unregistered
You may recall my earlier musings in that vdirection on this site.
i feel we are missing a huge opportunity to realize some good results
without a world wide effort by UFO groups to pool and coalate the data available.
have a very enlightening journey barb, bring us back some juicy tidbits................b
___

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 11:04 pm 
Unregistered
Oh and Barbie, if stanton friedman IS there,can you get to ask him where he got the total of four hundred aircraft LOST TO UFO ACTIVITY?
He has made this statement before on camera......
What would be helpful is some more research in this direction.....military losses of that magnitude are huge over peacetime .......thanks bv