UFOSeek Forum

Community for discussion of UFO, Paranormal and mysterious topics
It is currently Fri Nov 22, 2019 5:28 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2008 6:07 am 

Long considered a guilty, unhealthy habit, coffee lovers will love this article. Not only is it okay, but it is actually GOOD for you!! I had read in another article a while ago, that it is okay to consider the water in coffee as part of that 8 classes of water you are supposed to drink in a day.

http://healthandfitness.sympatico.msn.c ... date=False

Tim

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2008 3:29 pm 

I couldnt find anything on there about how smoking isnt really doing you any harm..... :lol:

never mind, I`ll have to keep on being one of the unsocial ones, and go outside for my smoke....<<rings bell>> "unclean" ..."unclean"

:lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2008 5:55 pm 

Pretty much anything causes cancer if we are to believe what associations are made. Smoking is one of those things, among many, attributed to a myriad of health concerns, and social concerns as we see evidenced by the marginalizing of people who smoke cigarettes, morphing into 'smokers' which has become a social group made up of bottom feeding scum suckers.

It is no longer a person who smokes, it is a 'smoker', a person who is delegated to the bottom of the barrel. It is no longer something a person does, it is who they are. It is socially acceptable to sneer, ridicule, confront, and be disrespectful of a person, simply because they smoke. Smokers are put in the same kettle of fish as pedophiles, axe-murderers, and dog poo.

A little respect please!!

As to health benefits, this is interesting:

http://www.forces.org/evidence/evid/therap.htm

Tim

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2008 9:23 pm 

I wasnt having a go there Timbit, I am a "smoker" myself....that was the reason for posting that reply. :D

And I totally agree with what you said about the way "smokers" are treated.

I was just reading the page that your link led to and to add to what was said about nicotine being the drug that gets us addicted, well I was told that something else was added to get us hooked .....it was a type of sugary substance, because whether we know it or not we in the western world are addicted to sugar. This also applies to salt, but salt is not an additive in tobacco.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2008 12:06 am 

And some cigarettes are more "sweet" than others. SHERMANS, for instance--when I want a sugar rush, I buy a package of those! But they make my smoker's cough worse...

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2008 3:51 am 

You think its bad where you are........come on up to Canada and light up.

Its a psychological trick.........people can see the smoke......see its smoke.

This smoke will hurt you.........it will make your children sick, it could kill your granny. So get away from anyone who smokes, they are a threat to your life......they are your enimey.

Don't you worry about the nukes, they're okay. And the chemtrails.........what chemtrails?

Biofoods.........no problem, its good for you to eat a pesticide.

I think you should have two cell phones, one for each ear and when you get mouth cancer or a brain tumor you'll know it was because of that dirty filthy second hand smoke you were forced to breathe.

Millions and millions are spent on campaigns against smokers.......point your finger at them and scream.......you stink of tobaco smoke, you monster. You kids stay in the car, there's a smoker in the park........it would be funny if it were not true, but it is true......smoke has been elevated to the highest level of social awareness..........better dead than a smoker. Or how about; life would be good if all the smokers were dead.

And remember, there is no evidence to support a conspriracy theory, so listen to George when he says; we will not tolerate wild cospiracy theories. No sir, you bet your boots, its a crying shame what they say about your government..........if I were a dictator my job would be a hell of a lot easier.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 2:58 pm 

Coffee drinking is associated with a lower risk of depression among women, a lower risk of lethal prostate cancer among men, and a lower risk of stroke among men and women.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 8:47 am 

Hello,
Amazing article it is , I love coffee and now after reading this article i love it now more ....
Thanks for posting this thread for coffee lovr like me.......
.................................................................................

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2013 5:44 am 

link is not working... However, I have read a lot of articles about coffee related but even I don't know that coffee is good for health or can harm your health. Difference articles say difference. I am little confuse about it that what coffee actually do???

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2013 1:11 pm 

Timbit wrote:
Long considered a guilty, unhealthy habit, coffee lovers will love this article. Not only is it okay, but it is actually GOOD for you!! I had read in another article a while ago, that it is okay to consider the water in coffee as part of that 8 classes of water you are supposed to drink in a day.

http://healthandfitness.sympatico.msn.c ... date=False

Tim

that's the good news for coffee lovers...