UFOSeek Forum

Community for discussion of UFO, Paranormal and mysterious topics
It is currently Wed Oct 16, 2019 3:11 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2008 9:50 pm 
Unregistered
For many years I wondered if the whole thing was all in my mind. Maybe I was just going crazy? What if there's no end in sight?

I'm actually reassured to know that it's not, but what happens if someone in a similar situation reads this? It's rough enough as it is without thinking it's pure insanity.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2008 10:13 pm 

I hope that abductees do their homework. Find others through the internet, forums like this one, research, books, the library, etc. It is equally important to understand the phenomenon as not being a singular event to just one person, or from one perspective, as it is to not be judged from one perspective, ie psychiatry.

Being armed, is being ready to tackle issues that may not have been tackled. We have had many who have joined, and read for months before posting of their own experiences, but we've later learned that this forum was a catalyst for their own personal quest for truth.

On both sides of the issue, those who have been abducted, and those who have not, have equal responsibility to at least explore and learn from eachother.

Sadly, post abduction often leaves people alone, and suffering.

Tim

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2008 12:29 am 

To those who say that this UFO stuff is just in your head, or mind. Now lets just suppose you are right about that. Keep this thought; the mind is the most important organ in your body. Everything you have ever seen, smelled, tasted, or felt, everything you have ever done, or plan to do, comes from your mind, including sickness. It should not be a put down that it’s just coming from your mind, implying that it is not true, unless you want to apply that same logic to the rest of your life as well.

Then some question that the experience you shared was nothing, simply because it didn’t happen to them. Again, that could very well be, because your mind and my mind are filled with very different information about everything. That doesn’t make me any crazier than you, unless it does.

We have these discussions all the time about religion, politics and commerce. Take fairy tales for example; are they all the product of a distorted mind? Are any of them the product of a distorted mind? Then I ask, is it because it is different that it is distorted in your mind? I am amazed at the number of written similarities that can be found with reality in stories like “Star-Wars” for example.

I have had dreams that came true with which I was able to save lives. A distorted mind?
I spoke with an alien, a little gray fellow, its lips didn’t move, nor did mine in response. So that mind thing is important, don’t put it down.
:roll:

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2008 2:08 am 

Nice to see you back, my friend! And yes, I agree...

PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2008 1:05 am 

Quote:
I have had dreams that came true with which I was able to save lives. A distorted mind?

I have had the same... yet I am tiring of hearing non-believers say to me that it is not so.

I have alot of dreams.... about world issues, personal issues and personal issues.

I had a series of re-occurring dreams regarding my father in law and his future passing away. I decided to set out and prevent every dream that I had by changing things. If I dreamt him in a certain shirt... I threw it out. Then the dream would change. If I dreamt him at a certain location... I would stop taking him there. Then the dream would change. After almost 1 year... and watching him become more ill... I slowly realised that it was not fair to keep someone here alive... that obviously had a life plan mapped out for them. So the next premonition... was an awake dream state... and it was something too hard to explain and very unbelievable. But... 3-4 weeks after I had this... he passed away at the exact spot.

The hard part was knowing it was going to happen and to stop myself from intervening. I feel like I aided his passing... yet he was just a shell of a man anyway and it was cruel to be greedy and keep him alive when it was his time to go. I do not think these non believers understand the difficult choices that we have. They are not easy ones.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2008 2:59 am 

In some of my former posts, I addressed this subject. Sometimes we are GIVEN the information to help us just "deal with" the trauma/tragedy when it happens; if we try to intervene, we merely change how it happens, and how long it takes. It cost my son 5.5 years in a coma for me to suddenly realize the info was for ME... not for me to change it.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2008 5:03 am 

Yes.... I just didn't want to let go.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2008 6:24 am 

Me, too... but there had been signs that (my son) he'd been chosen; however, I was living with a heathen--it was much easier to not create waves in our (my husband and my) already fragile relationship. So I ignored them.

And then when I received the flash that Mark was going to be KILLED by a car, I didn't stop to analyze it; I reacted.

I violated a joint Protection Order his father and I had against each other, and dared to call and tell him what I'd seen in my mind's eye.

Of course, he said he DIDN'T believe me... but interestingly, 3 days later there was a VERY expensive chain-link fence installed around the front of the property and a gate across the driveway. It didn't stop the tragedy; it only changed how it happened, and the length of time my son had to endure the suffering. MY fault... I deserted my beliefs for the sake of compromise. I've never truly done that, since. And that's been nearly 33 years. I learned my lesson, the HARD way.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2009 5:58 pm 

Timbit wrote:
This explains quite nicely how, so called professionals, can lump thousands of people's abduction experiences into one simple explanation.

Note the personal pet peeve of mine, where questions for study include the biased approach that abductees also have a tendancy to believe in the paranormal, have psychological detachment issues, and physical undertones such as sleep paralysis. All characteristics that fit quite nicely into a neat little package to explain......well, everything! lol

Are we ever going to get out of the starting gate with mainstream media?

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/wales ... _page.html

Tim
On the other hand maybe as tweaked has said that might be the reason some of us are abducted.Maybe it makes it easier for abductees to handle what is happening to them. Because most people who believe in the paranormal are not running down the street saying a ghost is trying to kill me. Or hurry call the goverment I need help I am being abducted and I want pertection.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2009 6:06 pm 

I do not think it was your fault it happened .As you said it happened another way. I feel bad that it happened to you.And your son.But I do understand how you feel telling your husband at the time and he was looking at you with none believing eyes.But on the other side as you said your son was chosen and that is for your son not a bad thing.Not that it is good you lost him so soon and wanted to let him experience life some more' but that he has got a head start of us to the next level of true happiness.
Tweaked wrote:
Me, too... but there had been signs that (my son) he'd been chosen; however, I was living with a heathen--it was much easier to not create waves in our (my husband and my) already fragile relationship. So I ignored them.

And then when I received the flash that Mark was going to be KILLED by a car, I didn't stop to analyze it; I reacted.

I violated a joint Protection Order his father and I had against each other, and dared to call and tell him what I'd seen in my mind's eye.

Of course, he said he DIDN'T believe me... but interestingly, 3 days later there was a VERY expensive chain-link fence installed around the front of the property and a gate across the driveway. It didn't stop the tragedy; it only changed how it happened, and the length of time my son had to endure the suffering. MY fault... I deserted my beliefs for the sake of compromise. I've never truly done that, since. And that's been nearly 33 years. I learned my lesson, the HARD way.