UFOSeek Forum

Community for discussion of UFO, Paranormal and mysterious topics
It is currently Mon Aug 26, 2019 8:34 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2008 11:54 pm 

Considering the vast assortment of dangerous goods coming out of china, from factories producing toxic toys with lead paint, to melamine in powdered baby formula, I have a hard time NOT putting this topic in 'Government Coverups'.

Obviously those producing the products in China are not soley to blame. Surely to God, the profits that are made by producing cheap goods in China aren't so great as to endanger the health of babies and children (particularly) on purpose? We know that a New Zealand company ownes 48% of the business responsible for the tainted milk. This is not just a coverup within the walls of the factories. And it is not an isolated incident where a 'sorry' will do.

From yesterday's Star, here is a report done independantly, by the newspaper staff, and their findings:

http://www.thestar.com/article/511758

Tim

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2008 7:22 pm 

Yet more contaminated goods pulled from shelves in Canada.

http://news.sympatico.msn.ctv.ca/abc/ho ... all_081024

Tim

PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2008 4:57 pm 

A few years back, we had the scare of melamine in dog food. Since then, and only when the Chinese Government chooses to disclose, we have learned of this additive in everything from baby formula to animal feed, and everything inbetween.

What of the additive now found in animal feed, that has been sent to our countries and fed to our livestock. In China, hens fed the feed containing melamine are known to have produced eggs that are now contaminated. The food chain from the moment melamine is added, is affected, right on up to what you put on your plate.

I believe that this latest scare, contaminated animal feed, is going to go far beyond the dog food scare that hit our shores. News at the moment tells us that they are going after those who add the melamine, to reduce, not eliminate its use.

That is only what we know. How long has melamine been included in animal feed that has been used in North America for example. Does it go back to before the animal food scare? Have we been consuming contaminated food that has resulted in increases of illness?

http://healthandfitness.sympatico.msn.c ... d=44072027

Tim

Last edited by Timbit on Sun Nov 02, 2008 4:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
forgot to add link.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2008 10:48 am 

This is a good question, and I asked too... why don't stop all imports from China, till they will "fix" this problem? Why do they have to poison all the planet?

This is double damage: one for producing those things, and second for disposing them. So if we don't allow them to produce those poisoning-things, will be not necessary the disposing...

Send back to them and see what will they do!!!

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2008 1:11 pm 

I purchased a toy guitar with Elmo & cookie monster on it... Fisher Price brand... anyways, afew years later it comes to attention that this toy was produced with lead paints that affect a childs health.... Hello??? This is year 2008! This shouldn't be happening.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2008 4:55 pm 

I personally think it is criminal.

Not only to those that manufacture the lead based paint in toys, but those in developed countries to choose to do business with China, to get the cheapest possible product produced, without regard to the ingredients used to produce them.

Fisher-Price surely has to know that the goods they sell at an inflated product price carry a greater risk being produced in China, than in a factory in the US. Yet, producing the product in a Chinese factory does not make the product cheaper to buy in the US. These manufacturers present the products at dollar values based on economies that they are not produced in.

If we knew the standards were so poor in foreign factories, and we were risking our children's health by purchasing them, would we purchase them in the first place? We are 'lead' to believe that they look like quality products, they have a brand name on them, surely they must be safe?

We could open factories in North America, or any developed countries with standards and checks and balances by inspectors, and have SAFE products, and, pay the same price.

So, anybody have any idea why we allow this practice to continue? Why do we allow goods to be produced in third world countries, knowing they are dangerous, and knowing that we need the jobs here??

Tim

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2008 10:09 pm 

That reminds me of Blood Diamonds. I don't know why, but that is the first thought that popped into my head.

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2009 5:56 am 

So, how could a pair of running shoes made in China cost over $100.00 in Canada?

It's big profits for little cost......the name of the game is greed, greedier and greediest.

What does melamine have to do with dog food or animal feed?

Greed......and a brutal disregard for life.

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2009 4:43 am 

Another reason to deal with China. The U.S. owe them billions of dollars.

slohand
--------
stop and smell the roses

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2009 5:19 am 

Timbit wrote:
I personally think it is criminal.

Not only to those that manufacture the lead based paint in toys, but those in developed countries to choose to do business with China, to get the cheapest possible product produced, without regard to the ingredients used to produce them.

Fisher-Price surely has to know that the goods they sell at an inflated product price carry a greater risk being produced in China, than in a factory in the US. Yet, producing the product in a Chinese factory does not make the product cheaper to buy in the US. These manufacturers present the products at dollar values based on economies that they are not produced in.

If we knew the standards were so poor in foreign factories, and we were risking our children's health by purchasing them, would we purchase them in the first place? We are 'lead' to believe that they look like quality products, they have a brand name on them, surely they must be safe?

We could open factories in North America, or any developed countries with standards and checks and balances by inspectors, and have SAFE products, and, pay the same price.

So, anybody have any idea why we allow this practice to continue? Why do we allow goods to be produced in third world countries, knowing they are dangerous, and knowing that we need the jobs here??

Tim

A good question, which makes me ask why now are we bailing out GM when we let so many Canadian and American companies go down the drain because China was selling a look alike for 10% of the American made product which was a quality product providing jobs for thousands.

Why did our governments think it was okay to export jobs then and not now?