UFOSeek Forum

Community for discussion of UFO, Paranormal and mysterious topics
It is currently Sun Nov 18, 2018 1:13 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 53 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2008 5:18 pm 

Hello everyone,
I hope my English is good enough and what I write here makes more sense to others than to myself.
As you can see this is my first post here...I kind of searched for a place with people, that had similiar experiences or would at least understand mine.

Where to start?

There was a lot going on in my life recently. I found a lovely woman over the internet. We fell in love. We wanted to marry. But after some time we discovered that we only woke each other from a long slumber. She found someone else she "really" loves.
Yet we do love each other. It is something I can't explain. It's a lot deeper than any friendship I ever had. There is a bond between us. Something very special that will be there for all eternity.
I'm still going to travel 6000 miles to see her in about two weeks. Maybe all of that stress is the cause...or the catalyst for what happened next. I don't know. It is somewhat irritating.

I was always drawn towards Ireland. Not because of the reasons other people would be. Not because it is a "nice place" , I somehow know it is/was not. It is not the landscape or the people that draw me there...it is more the land itself. Does that make sense?
Anyhow. Yesterday I was listening to some celtic music. Nothing special. I have done that numerous times before. Everytime I hear it it makes me calm. Even the first time I heard it I realized, I already knew it.
So yesterday was somewhat different. I just listened to something pretty random on Youtube. And *boom* there I went. It was like a rollercoaster ride. Memories,feelings,pictures...

I knew I was in Ireland. Guess what...not a knight,a warrior or a prince. A farmer. I remembered people (although with blurred faces) and situations : drinking with friends,a joke on my expense,an arguement. Fragments but still filled with emotions.
And I remembered 3 faces pretty good. The one of my wife and my 2 daughters. Emotional moments with my wife. The 3 of them standing at my bed as I was dying from a sickness. The feeling of hopelessness,despair,anger and fear as I tried to hold on to my life. To be with them.
A promise I made to my wife :"I will never leave you" (funnily the same thing I said to the woman I met) and the feeling of guilt when I realized that I couldn't fulfill it because I was dying.
The anger towards any power that decides...that didn't let me wait for them...that pushed me forward into something new.
After that short and spontaneous but yet intense "burst" I was quite scared and exhausted. Last night I had a rather vivid dream. My/His wife almost dying while giving birth. And I could feel every single emotion he/I went through...at least I woke up with relief.

Since then I try to make sense of it. I kind of always accepted past lifes and reincarnation as a possibility...but I didn't really believe in it. Not much makes sense here. I realized some things about myself through this. I think I am here "again" to find her...or to let her go. Because after this I...I don't know where she is but I know she hasn't moved on either. I can't explain it any better.
And I realized that the woman I fell in love with is not her...she is close...VERY close. But it isn't her.

At least this explains my complete fascination with Ireland and everything celtic. But although this IS interesting it is also quite confusing. I have enough to do with my current life. I'm not sure I really need that intense memories from a past one. Because lots of it wasn't that pleasant.

And although I got some answers out of that it brought up even more questions..."Why now?" would be the smallest one.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2008 6:16 pm 

Hello Karhedron,

I'm so glad you found us. There are many members here interested in past lives, and speaking for myself, I know it through my own research to be a true, but unexplained, phenomenon. It is real.

It is interesting that when we have people beginning to put the pieces together, that we tend to think it was just a weird experience, with no meaning to attach to it other than it was a dream. There is something distinctly different to a series of connected events, that takes it beyond a one time dream. We don't remember that which was fleeting or insignificant.

As to the memories of past live, I would suggest that you keep a diary. Write out as many details as you can, and search for more when you are experiencing them such as the immediate surroundings, the time of day, facial features of those you are sharing the experience with (ie your mates in the bar), anything that may pave the way to determine more detail. Eventually, those details may lead you to an actual place.

Research your family tree, speak to relatives. Detail may emerge that has been hidden. There is a reason for the connection to Ireland. I learned many secrets that explained my attachment to certain places, after researching relatives. The main clue for me was learning that my Grandmother didn't marry the father of my mother, she married another man and never revealed the secret until long after I was grown. That connected dots to an entirely different picture.

There are often experiences like yours that happen because of emotional upheaval, or that are tweaked by some sort of trauma or distress of some kind. The memory of dying, and the memory of birth you mentioned, are extreme emotional states. I do believe that these emotions, and for some, physical clues, that are carried over. Also fears such as water, loud noises, guns etc.

Your loss of your relationship now, may have allowed a sort of portal that has brought issues of past live to the forefront. Be careful not to meld the two together, although try to be prudent and tuned into how the meaning of that relationship, may have characteristics of your past life.

Relationships come and go, but past lives are with you forever.

Please keep us posted as this confusing time begins to make more sense to you.

Incidentally, a friend of mine visited England a few years back. She had never been there before, yet she felt she was 'home'. She knew the streets, the stores, the landscape, details that you couldn't pick up in a brochure. She remembered even the taste of local food, right down to the flavour of an icecream cone she had. She had indeed, been there before.

You aren't alone.

Timbit

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2008 2:15 am 

I've always felt drawn to Colerain County, Ireland, around Belfast. I've never been able to go there, but I have a feeling that if I could, I'd recognize things in the countryside which were once upon a time familiar to a home in a different life.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2009 6:51 am 

Hi y'all

I used to work with a young woman in her late 20s who had a style that I thought
very French, Parisian. A country girl in the mountains with a French style is an
unusual thing. For one thing, she is beautiful. No matter what she does with her
hair it has a stunning grace, even when she gets up in a hurry and fixes it up in
just a minute. She dresses in a french style in every way she dresses. A few years
ago she had a boyfriend who was in the Army stationed in Germany. He sent her a
ticket to Paris and wanted her to come over and do Paris with him for a week.

I wanted to mention before she left to check and see if anything seemed familiar.
Decided to wait til she returned. Didn't want suggestion to play a part. When she
came home I asked her if Paris felt familiar. She said it was very familiar, like
she went home. Everything was familiar. She said she felt more at home there
than here. Then I told her I suspected she'd lived there last time around. She said
she had that feeling the whole time she was there.

hurry

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2009 8:21 am 

Another time, another place but not sure where exactly, could have been Wounded Knee.

The army was getting rid of the Indian population in the American west and killing Indians was as much a sport as anything. So it is not surprising that I found myself running for my life with a cavalry officer chasing me. I know he was an officer because of his hat, the wide brimmed type.

Anyway, I am attempting to escape this guy and he is coming up behind me at a gallop.

Unfortunately for me I have no weapon, just my ability to run very fast and I'm really moving.

But no match for a horse at a gallop, so to make the story short he shot me in the back and I was dead.

The thing that strikes me about this is the fact that running did not save me. I was simply responding to instinct........run! Firing a pistol from a horse at a full gallop is not easy, it takes a lot of practice, that is if you plan on hitting your target. And obviously this guy had had a bit of practice.

I could have cut back towards him as he got up close and grabbed him from the side, because if I had gotten him off the horse it would have been more of a fair battle, but nothing like that happened. But the worst thing that could have happened would have been for him to shoot me anyway, so what did I have to lose by trying.........absolutely nothing. But running made more sense at the time, which was fueled by the fear of being shot.

The lesson for me is don't run from the enemy, you might as well turn and face them and hopefully give them hell while you can, because once you are dead you can't do much but sit on the side lines and watch the world go by.

For years I had a very sharp severe pain in my right side, half way up my rib cage, that would come and go. Got so bad I actually went to see a doctor, but nothing could be found.

It was not until I remembered this other life that the pain made sense, as this is the exact spot where the bullet went through me. It does come back once in a while but not as bad as it once was or as often, very rare now.

Yes, there is more to this than this.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2009 4:51 pm 

I have had some experiences that I'm not sure whether or not they are a past life, or an alternate dimension.

One was my neighbourhood growing up. It was essentially the same whether it changed or not. By that I mean that there were times I would walk down the street toward my home, and the buildings were different. Sometimes houses were missing, other times they were entirely different houses, although old houses, they just appeared.

I remember details of both 'visions', each was as comfortable as the other. Right down to the big bulldog behind a fence, that, in a 'normal' day, didn't exist at all.

Would that have been a past life coming through?

I have also experienced this on other occassions, where a scene would unfold in sort of layers, creating a 'familiar' place, but very different landscape, people, stores, cars etc., that would be from long ago.

These 'time slips' may very well be living memories of past lives. I also have a strange memory where I was 5 years old. I was playing with a friend at her house, and the next thing I remember is crawling as a baby, toward a 'rim', and when I looked over, there was a scene below, but I was enclosed in a large flat area. I was alone, and do not remember meeting up again with my friend.

I've come to think of that as another time slip, happening when I was a child, going back to either another life as an infant, or experiencing a slip to infancy, from another life.

I think that is one of the reason that Carol Bowman's books made so much sense to me, as there were familiar parts that made a lot of sense with children's experiences.

If adults have a conscience that can be tapped into past lives, so too can children.

Tim

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2009 6:26 pm 

Hi David

Your account of being run down and shot in the back, realizing too late it
would have been better to turn and confront opponent, brought to mind
the core of the martial arts philosophy: Hunt the snakes.

The idea is, you have a field you have to cross on foot and it's littered with
poisonous snakes. You have to get from one end to the other. How
do you do it? Hunt the snakes.

It is something like what you were talking about--turn on your pursuer. In
hunt the snakes philosophy you don't run from your opponent, be it a dog,
person or whatever, you turn and chase opponent. Opponent will turn and run.
In one martial arts film, The Best of the Best, 3 guys on motorcycles are
chasing the hero. He whips his cycle around and starts chasing them. They
turned and ran. The film is fiction, but an illustration of the principle.

A few years ago an excon tough guy smart mouth came at me at work with
a threatening stance and barking at me like he's going to kick my ass. Well,
he knew and I knew he was not going to, because I'd see to it his felon ass
would be right back in prison. What he wasn't counting on, was when I saw
him coming I knew something was up in his manner of walking, plus he had
no reason to be coming in except to see me, and I already knew he didn't like
me, so I reminded myself before he even walked in the door: hunt the snakes.

I let him bark his say while I looked him straight in the eye and when he'd had
his say, I had mine. It was brief, but I turned it on him verbally (he's not too brite,
so I couldn't use five letter words--or reason) and he started disclaiming everything
he'd said and walked backward to the door disclaiming all the way. He practically
ran out the door. I thought: It works ! Next time I saw him he was friendly.

I hated the intensity of emotion at the time, hated it for days, weeks, months.
Finally, I realized this was one of the greatest experiences of my life.
Now I love it.

hurry

PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2009 8:17 am 

Timbit wrote:
I have had some experiences that I'm not sure whether or not they are a past life, or an alternate dimension.

One was my neighbourhood growing up. It was essentially the same whether it changed or not. By that I mean that there were times I would walk down the street toward my home, and the buildings were different. Sometimes houses were missing, other times they were entirely different houses, although old houses, they just appeared.

I remember details of both 'visions', each was as comfortable as the other. Right down to the big bulldog behind a fence, that, in a 'normal' day, didn't exist at all.

Would that have been a past life coming through?

I have also experienced this on other occasions, where a scene would unfold in sort of layers, creating a 'familiar' place, but very different landscape, people, stores, cars etc., that would be from long ago.

These 'time slips' may very well be living memories of past lives. I also have a strange memory where I was 5 years old. I was playing with a friend at her house, and the next thing I remember is crawling as a baby, toward a 'rim', and when I looked over, there was a scene below, but I was enclosed in a large flat area. I was alone, and do not remember meeting up again with my friend.

I've come to think of that as another time slip, happening when I was a child, going back to either another life as an infant, or experiencing a slip to infancy, from another life.

I think that is one of the reason that Carol Bowman's books made so much sense to me, as there were familiar parts that made a lot of sense with children's experiences.

If adults have a conscience that can be tapped into past lives, so too can children.

Tim

Interesting stuff Tim........when I was very little I remember sitting in my crib listening to my family talking in the dining room down the hall and thinking about this life and death business. It struck me that if I was dead they would still be doing what they were doing, such as they were without me being part of the activity. I also considered the fact that when someone is dead and departed they are not considered to exist, so life goes on without them and without them being a part of the life of the living.

I did have a clear concept of being alive and not being alive, but the thing that really puzzled me was why some of us were so small and others so big. I mean if we all came from the same place wouldn't we all be about the same size. As a tiny person I did not understand how that worked, which is pretty silly actually, but to me, at the time, it seemed to represent a serious problem to be solved. Of course I thought of it in a different fashion than this, but that is the basic idea.

Pretty heavy stuff for a little kid in a crib, but I never let on as to what I was thinking.

So I'm sure there are lots of kids who have what many would call very strange things to say if anyone took the time to talk to them rather than talking down to them as they often do.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2009 9:20 pm 

Past lives are , at least for me, very real. I believe that I have lived past lives due to many events, and places I have been in and a lot of other things. As far as regression therapy, I do not put much faith in it due to the simple fact thatits been proven that the hypnotist can plant thoughts and we actually believe they are real so its not something I would rely on, however I have been with people and have felt such an intimacy with them and found out that they too shared the same feelings and it was also past shared from the same time period, the first time I thought it was coincidence but after it kept happening it made a firm believer in me. Recycled souls! I tend to lean towards buddhist teachings where enlightment plays a big part and reicarnation is a fact of life, working towards that is their goal. anyway yes I believe in past lives joey978

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2009 9:34 pm 

Hey Joey, Happy New Year!

I always have a feeling I'm inbetween the past, and the future, and the present is where I am moving along to the next life. Sort of a continuum. One long series of lives lived, connected by invisible threads, which eventually would become enlightenment. Each life has more meaning than the last, and 'old souls' are further along in the journey, but we all share the same road.

Regression therapy has to start with a qualified therapist who believes in past lives, or at least the possibility of past lives. Or ET, or UFO's for that matter.

I've read books on Betty and Barny Hill for example, where no matter what the conventional psychiatrist tried to interject, analyze, or direct, always went back to the truth. He was unable to apply conventional analysis to her experience (or Barny's either). Both were strong willed people. In today's world, most would likely presume the psychiatrist was right, rather than wrong, in his interpretation of events. Where are you Dr. Mack!!

As to regression for past lives, you might be interested in Carol Bowmans work. She has considerable research under her belt, and has produced a lot of solid information that is impossible to dismiss as 'imagination'. Particular reference is made to different cultures who accept reincarnation and past lives and consequently, she has discovered a very rich history in families and communities of intertwined lives.

Tim

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 53 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next