UFOSeek Forum

Community for discussion of UFO, Paranormal and mysterious topics
It is currently Thu Dec 14, 2017 5:32 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: why me?
PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2008 1:52 am 

when i was 19 i moved into my first apartment. i was so happy to finally be on my own. after about 3 years of being there i started noticeing things werent right about the place. there were all kinds of stories floating around of certain "beings" roaming around the different apartments. i never paid any attention to the stories until this night. I was home alone with my infant daughter, she was upstairs asleep in her crib. i got this odd feeling that i should go downstairs and check out everything. make sure all was alright. so i did. i got to the closet under the stairs and peeked in, everythings fine. but when i turned to go back to the stairs i couldnt move at all. it was like i was frozen. totally petrified with fear. i then saw a black shadow move down the hall wall towards me. still i couldnt move an inch or make a sound. it continued towards me then i saw it on the front of my shirt. was very cold. then it moved off my shirt, at this time i could move so i turned right around to look at the wall. whatever this was seemed to have moved through me , went onto the wall behind and disappeared. i was freaking. called a minister friend of mine to come over that next morning, he blessed my house. as he was doing this he made a cross with some oil on my front door. the image of the cross stayed on my metal door and wouldnt wash off for nothing. couldnt even paint over it. probably because it was oil huh? anyways this is just one of many happenings i have experienced. what was this thing? why did it pick me? i would also catch glimpses of people walking past my window. i would go to check and nobody would be there. i also had a bag of items thrown down the stairs from the bathroom when i was home alone. my daughter as she got older seen things. she would wake up in the middle of night playing peek a boo with nobody and ask me. do you see the guy? she would follow him with her eyes into my room. sounds of glass breaking would come from my closet. so many things people stopped staying over night due to them. was it the apartment or me?

Post subject: Re: why me?
PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2008 5:06 am 

It sounds like you are one of those people with special gifts. There are many who have the ability to see and experience things that most people cannot understand.

I have experienced some things myself over the years, and can empathize with the confusion as to what caused it, where did it come from, and as you said, "why me?"

I have eventually just accepted it for what it is. I don't have the extent of experience that many others in the forum here have had, but to whatever degree this may be for you, I hope you can maybe start some sort of diary of these events, either as they occur now, or as they happened then.

My own opinion is that it is rare that there is only one person in a family who has this ability. Your daughter may very well have these talents, perhaps your mother too, or grandmother. Might be interesting to check the family history a little more closely.

I'm hoping others with more experience will weigh in here and offer you some insight.

Tim

PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2008 10:48 am 

Moonlit, your experience sounds like Shadow People to me. No one (anyone I know, anyway) knows exactly WHAT they are... Maybe they're a derivative of a ghost; maybe not. But LOTS of people have seen them. I never have, but enough people have reported them, I believe they exist.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2008 3:11 pm 

I was watching 'Rescue Mediums' the other night. They were in a large house that was known to be haunted.

This particular episode was a male ghost, and two children. They too saw shadows, and ghostly happenings like things being moved, people being pushed.

It turns out that the male ghost was a Doctor, and the two children ghosts had died during a cholera epidemic. The mediums were able to assist the three of them to cross over.

During the talk with the owners of the home afterward, they compared their notes and drawings (that they did prior to actually being in the house), and checked local records. They were able to match the event (cholera), and the Doctor, by name. The drawing of the Doctor was nearly identical.

Here are some other stories of shadow people, and if you google 'shadow people paranormal' there are plenty more.

http://paranormal.about.com/library/wee ... 30402a.htm

Tim

PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2008 5:33 am 

I had a coffee with a friend of mine today who relayed the following story.

She had gone to bed last night, and was falling asleep, when she suddenly felt something on her arm. At first she presumed it was one of her two dogs (one sleeps at the end of the bed, the other sleeps on a dog bed on the floor)

She turned and saw a long, black arm, with long fingers around her arm. As it was sinking in, she felt hands on her leg, pulling her. She struggled to wake up while the presence kept pulling at her leg. She felt extreme panic and fear. Terrified is the word she used.

When she was awake, she looked for the dogs who were in their usual places, undisturbed.

She was asking me for advice, and I was at a loss other than to say that I think what she experienced was a shadow person, and if it happens again, to fight like hell not to be handled by them.

Any advice out there that I can pass on to her?

Timbit

PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2008 8:51 am 

Timbit, "Lights of Protection" are the best I can offer.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2008 12:24 pm 

I'm surprised I didn't think of that, i've used that method many times myself. I'll pass that on to her today.

Thanks Tweaked,

Tim

PostPosted: Sat May 01, 2010 5:01 pm 

Location: City of Redcliffe, just North of Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
OK, it's 1:52 in the am here, I just finished reading through these posts, and I am a little spooked, I consider myself a sensitive rather than a psychic.
I have found over the years that when I read something that is "real" I get a shiver go through me which I can liken to being brushed by feathers, this sensation I have learned tells me that what i am reading is real, it is true. and i am compelled to say something about it.
I have read many things in these forums, in books, seen TV shows about the paranormal and 90% of the time I feel nothing unusual.
even with the other posts i have responded to tonight, I got nothing. this one, however gave me a feeling on a level I have not felt in a long time.

Shadow People are thought to be "souls" that live in what we call the spirit world, whether they are ghosts that live on as though still alive, or actual spirit form entities that exist along side us who knows, Moonlit I suggest you find any means to quiet this entity, but do not anger the spirit, for the sake of your child.

Timbit, my concern about your friend is that the Dogs did not respond, this to me says not a normal paranormal event as animals are more sensitive than we are.
that said I have just realized that my own dog is asleep behind me, as I had that feeling...

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2011 5:28 am 

There are several things you have to ask yourself.

The first question is, why did these things start happening at a certain point in time, but you had not been having them happen prior to that.

The Second question is, what was happening around the time these things started, anything traumatic, remodeling in another part of the complex, etc, and so on.

The Third Question, Have you made your presence clear. That means have you stood in the middle of given room and said, this is my apartment, I rent it by right of law, I wish you no harm, and do not desire you to harm me or my child, and would appreciate if you stopped doing anything scary.

The last part you have to mean with all your heart and soul , and be willng, ready, and able to back your intentions with your actions.

Keep in mind, that apartments unlike houses and single family dwellings, have so many people with so many beliefs, back grounds, pasts, and emotions all around them, that many times the emotional/psychic/spiritual energies become tangled like a jungle. So you can also ask, who moved in around the time all this started, and perhaps having some blessed medals, or even some crosses or other holified relics in each room.

IN an apartment you have to cleanse it monthly or every six months because the constant human presence in all ways will be like grime in your drain, if it does not regularly get removed, it will back up and cause issues.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2011 9:41 pm 

This is probably good information to know, Billy, and thanks for jumping in and posting it.

BTW... Do you have any advice for removing an apartment manager's hatred from permeating someone's apartment? The reason I ask is because when I left my last apartment in 1992, since my brother was a legal 2nd tenant on the rental agreement, he has kept it, all these years, and the manager has never changed since I first moved into it in 1983 and incurred the wrath of the manager, which she has vehemently transferred to my brother, which has caused him great consternation and significant loss of everything from privacy to stored mementos, over the past 19 years.

I didn't think she could possibly get anymore hateful and deceitful than when, 5 years ago, she told a new tenant in a different apartment that his storage unit was the one I'd had, which my brother took over when I left, and she told the new tenant that the former tenant who used that storage space had died, and that his family must have neglected to take those things, when they cleaned out his apartment. She told the new tenant to call a trash removal company to come and clear out my brother's memorabilia - boxes of school memories including year books, prom pictures, including all his uniforms and diaries from his years in the Navy, along with photos & negatives that spanned 40 years of photography work. When my brother discovered the loss, he called the trash company to learn where they had taken his things so he might possibly retrieve some of them. They told him they had auctioned the boxes off to various people for cash, so there was no record of how many people bought them. He was so distraught and angry, I thought he would either kill her, or commit suicide... I have lived in fear of that, since the day it happened. I know she did it deliberately. She's such a snake...

Now she is in her very late 80s or early 90s, and she is constantly endeavoring to find reasons to get my brother evicted. She's done this in the past, but because he's under rent control and the City's "grandfather clause" prevents her from using the usual tactics to get him to leave, she's resorted to going into his apartment during the day (without giving prior notice, which is a City Law unless there's a fire or some other sort of emergency situation) and throwing things around to make it look like he's a bad tenant. The reason he knows she's the one doing it is because some of the work-at-home neighbors have seen her hobble up the stairs with her cane, and use her master key to go inside, and they always call my brother and tell him when this is going on. But usually he's on the job, and can't leave to come home. So he's left with a mess when he does get back.

Surely, Billy, there's something my brother can use to either calm her hatred, or cause his apartment to affect her so badly, she can't stay in there long enough to do more damage. I have tried putting Lights of Protection around the apartment for him, but that doesn't seem to work anymore. My brother is a highly-functioning autistic, and so some feats that are simple to the rest of us are not in his capabilities. Do you have any suggestions? I don't think that hateful old woman is ever going to pass on.

Thanks, Billy... Tweaked