UFOSeek Forum

Community for discussion of UFO, Paranormal and mysterious topics
It is currently Sun Nov 17, 2019 6:06 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2009 8:00 pm 

Hi everyone.

When I posted my UFO picture on another forum someone found a square shape around one of the UFOs and people thought it was a fake, but, the square pixelated area around the object was a result of the jpeg compression of the picture file. I have seen the same thing on other UFO pictures and seen peoples reactions, they think that the picture is fake because of these pixels or square shapes so its something to be careful of! My pictures are real, I didn't know what the square was until an image analyst from MUFON pointed this Jpeg compression effect out to me, so its something to think about when looking at UFO pictures, if there are square shapes/pixels only around the UFO it might be from the compression of the Jpeg file, not the result of it being faked.

Most cameras have filters on that block Infra Red wavelengths which means we can't see the heat effect in pictures. Taking this filter out is something that astronomers do to collect more detail when taking pictures. I'm no expert but when analysing a picture for Infra Red when there is a filter on the camera, which I think there is on most cameras, then there should be hardly any Infra Red on the picture. so it wouldn't be possible to find the temperature of a object.

Hope this helps!

All the best

Jamie

PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2009 3:25 am 

ProvoJimmy wrote:
At one point it got to such a low altitude, when it was directly above me, that I could see a more defined shape. It was triangular shaped, with what seemed to be a tail, so it looked like a spade

That description reminds me of the object Ssgt Jim Penniston saw during the Rendlesham forest incident in 1980. Penniston,an Air Force security guard,even made a sketch of the object he saw:

Looks similar but not identical to the object over Provo Canyon.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2009 2:35 pm 

There are special filters to be used with computers, to skip that effect made from cameras. We can intercept segment of hot and cold, and with this we can say if it is a normal flying object (balloon, or animal or other) or a UFO.

The other way is the use of old cameras (those with film inside) and a IR film (it costs a little more), but you have to use it in few time 'cause it is very sensitive and it needs to be developed quicly.

Other way, is having a binocular IR... ;)

PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2009 12:15 am 

Hello Dad!

I'm curious, could you explain how you could find the heat or temperature from an object which is in a picture when the IR filter in the camera has blocked most it? If there is no, or very very little, IR captured how can it be measured?

Thanks!

All the best

J