UFOSeek Forum

Community for discussion of UFO, Paranormal and mysterious topics
It is currently Sun Nov 17, 2019 2:21 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2009 6:37 am 

http://scifiwire.com/2009/06/watch-this-new-ufo-video.php

(CNN) We're not in the habit of posting every random UFO video that every half-drunk yahoo with a cell-phone video camera posts on the Internet, but we couldn't help but notice CNN iReporter Ryan Knowles' video.

Could it be because we're in a heightened state of alert about impending alien visitors in light of ABC's upcoming remake of V? Could it be because The Day the Earth Stood Still is now out on DVD?

Here's the video of a strange flying object over a Virginia amusement park:

(See video at the link)

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2009 1:53 pm 
Unregistered
My best friend lives 5 miles from here, she has 5 children that all go to Kings Domininon regularly with season passes. HER AND HER CHILDREN SAY NO WAY THIS IS A SMOKE CLOUD FROM THE VOLCANO. tHE VOLCANO IS NOWHERE NEAR THIS AREA, AND THE SMOKE RINGS THAT COME FROM IT ARE BLACK, CLEARLY THIS RING LIKE THING IS WHITE.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2009 2:05 pm 
Unregistered
She also said to tell you, you can got to the Kings Dominion sight itself and look at real footage of the volcano and see the difference in the color of thye smoke ring and what they caught footage of . she also said if you go to the footage of "riding at dropzone at Kings Dominion" at the site and see the distance between the two rides. There is no way in hell a smoke ring traveled this distance completely whole like this. Just so you know,

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2009 2:09 pm 
Unregistered
47 seconds in, see the volcano? this is the ride the footage was taken from. See how far away it is? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g4DZ2aMKfws

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2009 5:10 pm 

Interesting that the CNN reporter who filmed the ring, didn't talk much about the people he interviewed that thought it was a UFO. He didn't follow up, or check local airports for radar information etc. He just settled on it must have come from the volcano because most people thought that's what it was, and, he didn't think from the start it was a UFO. Not very objective.

One person said that the cloud came from the ride itself.

Interesting with the volcano being so far off in the distance, that the reporter also said, there was NO wind.

Also it appeared to me to be solid, not a ring at all.

I guess we can add 'smoke ring' to swamp gas, and chinese lantern theories too? ;)

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2009 4:36 am 

Just checking my book here, yes, don't forget birds as birds are often mistaken for ET craft, as well as venus, clouds, ball lightening, etc.

But my favorite is still swampt gas, I love that stuff.

Nothing like a little swamp gas to get the evening off to a good start.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2009 4:45 am 

yes best explanation ever... especially if you know that methane is well invisible :D

oh and by the way i have just finished reading an old (published in 1984) book about ufo. Author was looking for every possible reason to prove that they do not exist. Oh and the main explanation was.... get ready... agh you know the answer :D swamp gas :lol:

Highly controlled and forwarded emotions are the key to survival

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2009 6:27 am 

Has ANYONE noted that MOST birds do NOT fly at night???! Our hummingbirds stay until they can no longer SEE their nests from their feeding stations. And then they're gone...

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2009 9:50 am 

Swamp gas can be seen when it burns, you can sometimes see it at night over a lake, close to the surface of course.

It comes from rotting vegetation at the bottom of the lake.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2009 9:53 am 

Those birds that fly at night always carry a flashlight strapped to their head, which accounts for the light you saw in the sky.

You see some of the excuses are quite crazy, it would make a whole lot more sense to just say I don't know what that was.

But I don't know does not explain anything away.