UFOSeek Forum

Community for discussion of UFO, Paranormal and mysterious topics
It is currently Sat Nov 18, 2017 11:18 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2009 5:27 am 

This is the unnoficial name of a sea serpent seen swimming in one of the 40 lakes that have been reportted to have such creatures in British Columbia.

Interesting story: http://news.sympatico.ca/UnusualNews/Co ... &date=True

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2009 6:03 am 

I absolutely BELIEVE in sea serpents! I know the Scottish people think that Nessie is just an eel, and they use "her" for tourist dollars, but can an eel REALLY live this many centuries? Dont think so... I think this is a mammal of some sort that either has long life spans, or there are more than one on them, and they don't have lots of babies.

Maybe if the world climate was colder, and we had to SWIM to survive, we wouldn't have as many, either...

PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2011 5:53 pm 
Unregistered
If the climate was colder and we had to swim, we'd have less children? What on earth does that have to do with anything, first of all, and secondly, how are any of those topics related to each other? If the world climate was colder, the sea level would drop, which would result in more land being available.

As for sea serpents, you'd have to make an extraordinary assumption to say that the creature in Loch Ness has been alive for as long as there have been sightings. Aside from trees, most creatures cannot survive much longer than 100 years. The most likely explanation is that 1) these creatures found in different bodies of water are not the same creature 2) their population size is small, and therefore much more difficult to detect and track.

And maybe the Loch Ness monster is an oversized eel. Are you a marine biologist? Have you been to the Loch and seen the creature? That's what I thought.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2011 6:10 pm 

You are quite welcome to post your opinion, and back it up, but please don't be disrespectful toward others for not meeting your 'standards'.

As to the loch ness, it is possible, considering the depth of that lake, with all its underwater caverns and caves, that the creature could have continued to reproduce.

There are new species discovered all the time that were long ago thought to be extinct.

Tim

PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2011 6:22 pm 
Unregistered
Why don't you re-read my post? I said that it's possible for these creatures to exist.

And the only standard I'm adhering to is thinking things through logically. Logic doesn't seem to be y'alls strong suit on here, so I figured I'd class up the place.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2011 8:51 pm 

You are welcome to offer whatever theories you may entertain, but to suggest that you can "class up the place?" That sounds as though you believe you're the smartest person alive... and while many of us have experience and degrees in various subjects, none of us believe we're smarter than the others.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2011 9:21 pm 

The tribes in some of the remotest parts of Africa maintain that they have seen living dinosaurs roaming around the place, and until fairly recenty, too.

Africa still has lots of unexplored parts to it, many parts of the jungle are just too dense for any vehicles or expeditions of size to trek through and too dense and thick for any aerial photographs to be of benefit. I bet there's lots of things hiding in the unexplored parts of our planet.

A creature doesn't have to be observed or catologued to exist, it exists with or without our "evidence" for it's existence.