UFOSeek Forum

Community for discussion of UFO, Paranormal and mysterious topics
It is currently Fri Oct 18, 2019 2:47 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 71 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
 Post subject: Re: The fourth kind
PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2010 10:59 am 

Something strange happend last night, and am wonder if its just another coincidence.

I wake up early in middle of night, fully awaken like at morning, and lay several minutes cant sleep, then exacly at 3:30 i seen short strong flash of white light from outside (maybe also red) So i look trough window (and at watch) there was total black, power in whole town shut down, even street lights not work. Atmosphere become scary, i lay and think ok and now aliens will enter my room and i will die on heart attack. But nothing happend and few minutes later power was again on (at 3:36) When i wake up i found that my watch is not accurate to watch in tv, my is 3 minutes faster so in fact power return at 3:33 ? Am not sure when power shut down but i known when it come back.

Nothing happend when i was awaken but its strange why i wake up around 3am. I remember scary dream before about lead to kitchen by dark being. So maybe i wake up when return to bed, and was so excited that cant sleep. But its just theories, what i remember is just flash and out of power. Else maybe dreams and coincidences, but its weird, and scary especially after watch this movie. Anyway this movie is now classic to me, must have it on dvd.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2010 2:29 pm 

I finally got round to watching the fourth kind last night.

As far as entertainmnet goes, I thought the film was entertaining and enjoyable.

I don't doubt for a second that this film was based on truthful accounts and events to some degree. Though, I'm unclear on a few things, like was or is Dr. Abigail tyler a real person? Was her daughter abducted? Is any of the footage real?

I cannot find any reliable information on Abigail tyler, though it's clear there has been a lot of people going missing in Nome since the late 60's and there is plenty of UFO activity there. And the FBI have payed numerous visits.

I got the impression that the film was more a documentary in disguise, and that indeed all the stories may be true or on the other hand maybe it was just a very clever marketing scheme designed to do exactly that, draw people in and intrigue them.

It's difficult to know how much of this is based in reality and how much is made up to add tension and atmosphere to the film.

I'd be interested to hear what people think on this one.

Peace, Caper.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2010 7:39 pm 

Caper, I found this, this morning...

http://www.dvdtalk.com/reviews/41703/fourth-kind/

I haven't seen the movie yet; just ordered it. Wish I hadn't read this article until AFTER I've seen it, but if it's good, I guess it really doesn't matter.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2010 10:17 am 

Tweaked, in the end it comes down to opinion and perspective.

The person who reviewed the fourth kind might dislike sci-fi or be extremely uncomfortable at the thought of people from the stars regularly dropping by. So automatically the film is going to get a thumbs down.

I've met a few people who thought Avatar was one of the worst films they've ever seen, a load of rubbish they said.

The names in the films are all aliases which is stated at the very start of the film and the footage that appears to be real is clearly not, at least the majority of it's not. Though I'm still left wondering if the alias of Abigail Tyler is based upon a real person and their experiences.

The fourth kind gives off the impression that ET are very scary folks. Now, whether this is an add on or whether the abductions the film is based on were with a race of hostile ET's remains to be seen.

It's diffcult to know if it's all just made up for the film and well marketed, or whether there is some truth in that film.

Peace, Caper.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2010 10:23 am 

I know the review probably isn't relevant... I just wish I'd read it later on.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2010 11:39 am 

There is another movie similar to 4th kind, its "Paranormal Activity" from 2007, about demon who come at night and look like physical being just invisible. Very good scenario and effects. Its more scary than most of horrors, and make me difficulty to sleep after watch it.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2010 1:21 pm 

Hi Koval, I too have seen paranomal activity.

I saw it in the cinema, and it did indeed make me jump a few times.

I'm not sure it would have the same effect on dvd or video though, I think it's one of them films that is best experienced at the cinema, just like Avatar was.

For people who are into their horrors and like suspense it's defintely worth the watch. A lot of it is left to the viewer to decide and make up their own mind on certain things, which certainly adds to the creepiness.

Not bad for a low budget movie though.

Peace, Caper.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2010 1:50 pm 

Am wonder if i could record something when place camera in room at night. Yesterday i wakeup at 2:40 and i seen white bright light outside room, after few seconds it turn off, what was strange that i dont hear usual "click" of light switch, no sound just light then dark. The same was in movie and have question why ghosts use light?

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2010 3:52 pm 

It may not be a ghost, Koval.

One possibilty is that it could have been an orb.

Though, I have read about accounts of spontaneous light...similar to what you describe.

Take this one for example.

A man was walking his dog down an abadonded rail line, so as you can imagine it would be pretty dark. Then out of nowhere, just a few yards in front of him and his dog, a ball of yellow light....described by the man as identical to a sparkler, appeared out of nowhere, hovered for a time, while sparks continued to come off the ball of light. And then it just disappeared, but beneath where it had been hovering there was burn marks on the ground.

So...no hallucination or imagination, just real solid evidence backing up his experience.

Odd lights are nothing new, but aren't the most common of experiences.

It seems there is an infinite number of strange and amazing things that await us out there!

Peace, Caper.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2010 7:27 am 

Yes maybe its being made from light, or he have light source, kind of flashlight. Some months ago i wake up almost paralyzed and seen light outside room (trough glass door) then dark and room enter grey alien dress black, but i thought its realistic dream, and quickly ignore.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 71 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next