UFOSeek Forum

Community for discussion of UFO, Paranormal and mysterious topics
It is currently Wed Aug 21, 2019 12:30 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2008 4:59 am 

[url]Editor's Note; Large tree like structures have been found on Mars near the South Pole at 79.05S 202W that look similar to these string of fibers. Perhaps on Mars they have grown exceptionally large. Thanks to NASA and http://www.marsanomalyresearch.com/evid ... ity-11.htm[/url]

Attachments:
clip_image006.jpg
clip_image006.jpg [ 66.3 KiB | Viewed 14497 times ]

PostPosted: Mon Dec 27, 2010 6:55 pm 
Unregistered
I have seen all the varous pics which suspiciously look like tree-like vegetation, and all I can say is,

if it is not what it looks like to us peons, then what sort of configuration of rock, sand, and ice could possibly occur to look like this?

I mean, on a planet devoid of life, what other things are their to produce natural structures of this sort?

PostPosted: Mon Dec 27, 2010 8:16 pm 

We don't know ANY planet is devoid of life. All we think we know is what NASA and other scientific communities have agreed to tell us... They have been lying to protect the standard quo for years. But until we actually can get up there and get back to tell what we've really learned, we will never know the truth.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 27, 2010 8:40 pm 
Unregistered
Acknowledged, Tweaked.

My point is that if there are no living things on Mars, then anything we see must be composed of some combination of rock, sand, and water (in solid or liquid form). What else is there to compose a topological feature?

On Earth, there are many more composite materials for what a probe might see, simply for the fact that life exists, in its multitude of forms, exists here.

I can't imagine what combination of rock, sand and water would produce the sort of visual textures in these images.

To me, that seems to be the logical question to ask.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 27, 2010 11:42 pm 

Well, when Dr. Van Flandern compared photos taken at quarterly intervals, the photos seem to indicate that flora & fauna thrive during what we would call warmer times, and recede during the colder times. He hypothesized that while the kinds of living flora & fauna may not be exactly the same as those here on earth, because of obvious differences in climate and gases surrounding the planets, there does appear to be periods of time when whatever life there is, flourishes, and times when it goes dormant.

But as I said... until the private sector actually gets up there and calls home with Skype or something similar where we can actually SEE what's there and what isn't, we won't know.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2010 3:41 pm 

If they (NASA) would land a probe on the edge of one of these areas, we could know pretty quickly what we are dealing with.

But I suppose that is more complicated than it might seem to the layman. And I am sure they could find a million reasons why not to. And perhaps good reasons.

And one (which they would be loathe to share) might be that their agenda is indeed to deny the presence of lifeforms on Mars. Which, frankly, seems so perversely self-defeating as to make one crazy with pondering it.

And that, I surmise, is why you say it will take a private sector exploration to get the truth of the matter.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2010 9:02 pm 

squashpants wrote:
And one (which they would be loathe to share) might be that their agenda is indeed to deny the presence of lifeforms on Mars. Which, frankly, seems so perversely self-defeating as to make one crazy with pondering it.

And that, I surmise, is why you say it will take a private sector exploration to get the truth of the matter.

Exactly, squashpants. If a private team operating without government sponsorship and money were to send a probe (or several probes) to stay in orbit and send feed-back pix at certain intervals, we'd have a better chance of learning what's there, and what's not...

PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2010 10:55 pm 

Tweaked, funding issues aside, do you think that the "Government" would allow a private concern to have the proper "permits" to do such a thing?

I actually think there are private entities that could afford to do such a thing, however, I imagine that they are not necessarily going to have access to the technological knowledge required to do it as successfully as NASA.

Yes? No?

PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2010 12:04 am 

I think they can get the permits. NASA and the DoD don't have total control of Space; otherwise, there wouldn't be nuclear countries sanctioned to put up satellites for communications and other reasons. But I suppose NASA could actually jam the satellite signals coming in to private organizations who will one day be able to put them in orbit around other moons and planets. I suppose NASA and the black ops part of the government will work together to censor even private data, for as long as they can.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2010 2:01 pm 

Quote:
But I suppose NASA could actually jam the satellite signals coming in to private organizations who will one day be able to put them in orbit around other moons and planets.

Yes, but somehow I think that jamming might be not foolproof and something damning would make it through.

I can't quite imagine what that situation would be like. Would the private organization report to the media that their signals were evidently being jammed intentionally, and if so, what evidence could they present to prove it originated in the government? In my mind, it seems there would be many ways for such a government operation to remain unidentified.

And the feds could maintain innocence, saying they had no idea where the jamming was coming from.

I suppose the ultimate way around such a scenario would be to use the same frequencies as do NASA's probes. Surely they wouldn't jam transmissions from their own instruments.

But then again, what do I know about how jamming actually works?