UFOSeek Forum

Community for discussion of UFO, Paranormal and mysterious topics
It is currently Fri Jul 19, 2019 2:57 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: The Election
PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2012 7:37 pm 

Who do you think is going to win the election this year? My brother did some research and math and found out that the swing states and the electoral college might make it that Obama will win again. :shock:

- Kill46 -

Post subject: Re: The Election
PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2012 8:26 pm 

If you follow Nate Silver on FiveThirtyEught.com, he does a day-by-day recap of the voter trends. At this point, I believe President Obama is favored to be re-elected.

Given how Gov. Romney seems to tailor his campaign speeches to fit whatever group he's addressing (i.e., if he's talking to a religious group, he's FOR appointing Supreme Court Judges who will overturn Roe v. Wade, make most forms of birth control illegal, reverse the fair pay for equal work by women and men, and allow creationism to be taught in public schools; if he talking talking to his billionaire constituents, any of us who are receiving ANY kind of support from the Federal Government, which includes Social Security, Medicare, Unemployment Benefits, healthcare through social services, or military pay and military aid if injured and need help from the VA, we are the 47% who will never want to be productive and pay Federal Taxes, so we're just dragging down society). Then when Gov. Romney is speaking at Tea Party functions, he's rallying for smaller government intrusion, which will include taking away clean air & water Laws that have been put in place to protect us from a toxic environment, out-law union representation for all workers - which is what has given them safety oversight, increase taxes on the Middle Class so that the tax cuts for his ilk can have more money to create more jobs (which they have never done!) and etc.)

I have watched almost every speech he's made during the past year, and he seems to alter "what he will do" to fit whatever crowd is in front of him. In other words, no one seems to be able to say exactly what he will do, if he "becomes King," and I think he has no idea, himself, what he will do, either... His body language speaks VOLUMES to me, and none of his actions are reassuring that he can do the job, or even that he fully grasps exactly what the Office of President really means. Even his own campaign workers don't know if he's actually reading the Foreign Affairs and Security Briefings he's getting every morning. And if he isn't reading them, that's really scary.

President Obama, on the other hand, DOES read all his early morning briefings because he's got an entire Country to keep safe, a World Political Situation he must always address, plus... he has to run for re-election for another 3 days. Plus, he reads letters written by people such as you and me, every night before he goes to sleep - at least 10 of them per day.

There is a good reason why every President ages dramatically during his term(s) in Office. The stress of being a President is overwhelming, even when you're fit for the job. If Gov. Romney gets elected, and finds out he's inept, what's he going to do? Sell off America, piece-by-piece, to get rid of the states and issues that cause him problems? He can do that when running a business, but when he's running a country, who knows what decisions he will make?! Personally, I don't want to have to live through finding out.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 3:32 pm 

Check this... ;)

http://www.southparkstudios.com/clips/pomqzy/i-can-change-the-election

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 1:15 pm 

And the winner is: Barack Obama!
No doubt about it! I was sure he was again elected! No one can do the same he did... specially 'cause they think about money and not about peoples.

Good day President Obama!

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 8:00 pm 

dad, few people could be happier right now that Howie and I... I wasn't sure he'd win, and Howie kept saying, "Calm down - he's going to make it."

Now if the obstructionist Congress from last term will just put aside their pettiness and work together with the Democrats for the good of all of us whose taxes pay their salaries and excellent health care, within 4 years America will be so much closer to recovery, by the time the President's last term concludes.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 2:26 am 

Yes I am glad. Most of the people in different countries are happy about Obama win. ;)

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 12:08 pm 

Good appetite President Obama...

In this contry someone found a very expansive whiteTruffle of more than 1 kg!
After known Obama won, they made a thought: why not giving it to President Obama as gift?

We all hope it will be well accepted 'cause is one of those rare delicious delicacies that every one would try. Smell and taste are very particular...

http://translate.google.it/translate?sl=auto&tl=en&js=n&prev=_t&hl=it&ie=UTF-8&layout=2&eotf=1&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.adnkronos.com%2FIGN%2FNews%2FCronaca%2FDallItalia-maxi-tartufo-bianco-in-regalo-ad-Obama-per-festeggiare-la-rielezione_313880807430.html

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 6:56 pm 

How long do the truffles stay edible? You might need to write the White House (1600 Pennsylvania Ave. Washington, DC 20500.) and ask the White House CHEF if it is possible to send a truffle to him to be served to the President. Lots of security must be taken so no one will make an attempt to poison him or the family. Your heart is in a good place, dad... but you understand how many people would do him harm if they could.. Getting any gift to him is very difficult. But it's worth a try...

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 6:02 am 

I think he will love it if well prepared...and that is really a good present.

Today I have seen President Obama speaking to peoples, and places in USA were full of them. This is a good way to show the real change also when a situation all over the planet is bad, done to banks power.

I don't know yet, but it is probable one day I'll have the pleasure to meet him 'cause today I had confirmation I have been accepted as candidate to the Chamber of Deputy for the MoVimento 5 stelle (5 stars MoVement), the only one not talking about politic, but having to do with all social. We are now waiting last answer, also if all other "forces" are trying to boicot us, 'cause they understood we will be there to check the doing, what is going on and in name of our Constitution, something that they haven't respected for 35 years or more. For this many months ago I wrote here "we would have a President like Obama" 'cause is a good man.

Anyway: I will also try to expose the problem of the respect for other possible races different from terrestrial, 'cause now also many scientists are sure someone other exists and it is better to talk about this now, for having more chances to interact with them in a future (far or near?). I perfectly know they will try to avoid yhis, but I'm so determined that they will lose.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 1:17 pm 

Congratulations, dad!!! :idea: I am sure you will work with great ideas.