UFOSeek Forum

Community for discussion of UFO, Paranormal and mysterious topics
It is currently Sun May 26, 2019 10:23 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2008 7:14 pm 

In mid-Spring of 1989 in Bay Shore, L.I. N.Y., my mother, my husband and myself were returning home from shopping at about 9:00pm. It was a clear, warm night. As we got out of the car we all heard a low humming noise and I spotted something coming down the avenue about an 1/8 of a mile away. My mother and husband went running for the front door, I ran into the street, as the two of them screamed for me to get in the house.... I would not listen, I was not about to pass up this opportunity.

It proceeded down the street slowly and was no higher then the telephone lines. The leaves on the trees were blowing. It was about 10 feet wide and maybe 20 feet long. It had lights outlining its bottom. I was working for an aviation company at the time, so I knew what to look for as far as identifiers, there were none.

It passed over me and proceeded down the avenue, about another 1/2 mile. It traveled at about 15 miles per hour. When it reached the woods splitting the parkway and the avenue it gained speed and latitude. It took off incredibly fast leaving a trail of ligh behind. It then stood still, as if it were a star. The next day I ran to the pilots at work and explained what I had witnessed - they were baffled. There is an airport 12 miles east and two others about 25 and 30 miles away to the west. This was not a flight pattern any of them take.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2008 6:55 am 
Unregistered
Just curious I live down Awixa in the Great South Bay....where in Bayshore did you make the sighting?

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2009 1:45 am 
Unregistered
[quote="DrDon"]Just curious I live down Awixa in the Great South Bay....where in Bayshore did you make the sighting?[/quote]

North on Chicago Ave over the parkway toward the east

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2009 5:49 am 

What was the shape of the object? Round,triangular,square?

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2009 2:11 pm 

Would like to have some more identifying charectoristics of the UFO.

Sounds very simular to several spoken of in the big book.

Jeff